Bernie Federko

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

InsideEdge
Prospect
Prospect

Bernie Federko

Post by InsideEdge »

Hi everyone,

I was sitting with my gal tonight watching the game and she relayed a great story about Bernie:

After traveling in the snow to a book signing hosted by the Hall of Famer my gal was admiring his newly acquired HOF ring. She said, "Congratulations on your HOF acceptance, nice ring!" She said he slipped it off and handed it to her, "You want to see it?"

Bernie only had the ring a couple of days - he was swamped with people trying to get his autograph and he handed it to her to hold and get a better look!!

I just thought that said a great deal about Bernie...down to earth guy and very generous.

Thanks Bernie!

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: Bernie Federko

Post by fargoblues »

InsideEdge wrote:Hi everyone,

I was sitting with my gal tonight watching the game and she relayed a great story about Bernie:

After traveling in the snow to a book signing hosted by the Hall of Famer my gal was admiring his newly acquired HOF ring. She said, "Congratulations on your HOF acceptance, nice ring!" She said he slipped it off and handed it to her, "You want to see it?"

Bernie only had the ring a couple of days - he was swamped with people trying to get his autograph and he handed it to her to hold and get a better look!!

I just thought that said a great deal about Bernie...down to earth guy and very generous.

Thanks Bernie!
So did she buy the cabinets?
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

fargoblues wrote:
InsideEdge wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks Bernie!
So did she buy the cabinets?

:lol: :lol:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Bernie has always been a class act. The people who rail on him here are mostly just making fun of his commentary. I was weaned on #11 and #24, so to me, Bernie is above ridicule, no matter how much he sucks as a commentator. I personally don't think he's that bad. Sure, he seems a little clueless sometimes, but he's been there and adds some good perspective.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

goon attack wrote:I was weaned on #11 and #24
On their wangs or their teats? :shock:
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

ohio BLUES wrote:
goon attack wrote:I was weaned on #11 and #24
On their wangs or their teats? :shock:
I bet you'd like to hear about that, in great detail.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

goon attack wrote:Bernie has always been a class act. The people who rail on him here are mostly just making fun of his commentary. I was weaned on #11 and #24, so to me, Bernie is above ridicule, no matter how much he sucks as a commentator. I personally don't think he's that bad. Sure, he seems a little clueless sometimes, but he's been there and adds some good perspective.
++

No shit Goon...no shit!!!!

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

Does anyone else think it's rather patronizing to have demoted Bernie to ice-level analyst? Do any other teams in the NHL have one of those? How big a paycut did Bernie take?
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

northwest dave wrote:
goon attack wrote:Bernie has always been a class act. The people who rail on him here are mostly just making fun of his commentary. I was weaned on #11 and #24, so to me, Bernie is above ridicule, no matter how much he sucks as a commentator. I personally don't think he's that bad. Sure, he seems a little clueless sometimes, but he's been there and adds some good perspective.
++

No shit Goon...no shit!!!!
I never noticed Bernie as being a bad commentator. But what do I know. Pang is awesome. But Bernie clueless? As an ice-level color guy, he seems like he knows what he's talking about, and sometimes he corrects Panger on why a certain penalty was called.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Hey, I was also raised on 24 and 11. Federko was a hell of a hockey player and the times I've conversed with him personally lead me to believe he's a hell of a human being.

That said the commercials he does blow goats, and are patently not above reproach. As an announcer, I simply can't stand him, probably because what comes across on camera is in such opposition to my view of him as a player and a person. also not above reproach IMHO.
I like to think it was his time with the red wings that prepared him for his time on-screen.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

InsideEdge
Prospect
Prospect

Post by InsideEdge »

One of the reasons this board and other boards fail over and over again to pull in quality people is because of the idiots above...without active moderation boards like these decay into a swarm of imbeciles. It never ceases to amaze me the criticisms directed at professional athletes when few of the people here can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

I could have added some substance to this board, but I am out of here - what a bunch of mental midgets!

Cheers

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

InsideEdge wrote:One of the reasons this board and other boards fail over and over again to pull in quality people is because of the idiots above...without active moderation boards like these decay into a swarm of imbeciles. It never ceases to amaze me the criticisms directed at professional athletes when few of the people here can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

I could have added some substance to this board, but I am out of here - what a bunch of mental midgets!

Cheers
:facepalm:

between last years barb from xthebobessensaxperiencex about us being horrible fans... i think im gonna go shoot myself

oh nevermind - (Frank) off
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

InsideEdge wrote:One of the reasons this board and other boards fail over and over again to pull in quality people is because of the idiots above...without active moderation boards like these decay into a swarm of imbeciles. It never ceases to amaze me the criticisms directed at professional athletes when few of the people here can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

Cheers
This board has been around in one form or another for like 10 years. If that's failure, then failure is pretty good.

You sound like a bitter douche. Is that true? :lol:

Look around, you condescending ass. There is plenty of serious hockey discussion going on here. Yes, there is humor, and dipshittery all over the place too, just like in real life. Get over yourself, playa.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Cheers
Welcome to the intarwebs!

Newsflash: your opinion is only YOUR opinion. If that's too hard to understand, you should have them pack up your intarwebtubes and take them back to the intarweb store. I am sure if you call your service provider, AOL, and tell them about your problem they will cry with you too.

Bernie is a great human being - no one on this board has said otherwise.

Bernie is not in the HoF as a broadcaster - nor will he ever be.

Glad you have a nice story to tell.

As for you leaving the board, that says more about your tolerance for sandy vag than it says about us.

:goblues:
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Cheers
Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one...and you are certainly entitled to yours, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Too bad though, in this case, your opinion happens to be grossly misinformed and just plain wrong.

You should stick around. We could use a punching bag.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

How will the InsideEdge area be remembered?
Last edited by fargoblues on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Hey guys blah blah blah I wanna (Frank) Bernie blah blah blah (Frank) off.

Bye.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Bernie Federko
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
Location: Outside Curt's window, checking out his cabinets and flooring.

Post by Bernie Federko »

Your lady left out a number of details. That said, great gal you have there. Very friendly.
BUY SOME GODDAMN CABINETS!

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Simply because someone was a professional athlete does not make them above reproach as a commentator. Too many players suck as commentators. Bernie was horrible doing color in the booth. Simple facts people. Does that detract from his career as a player?? No. But it certainly does not make him above reproach as a commentator at which he sucks balls!!!
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

InsideEdge wrote:I could have added some substance to this board, but I am out of here - what a bunch of mental midgets!