Bernie Federko

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: Bernie Federko

Postby xbleed83bluex » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:01 am

theohall wrote:Simply because someone was a professional athlete does not make them above reproach as a commentator. Too many players suck as commentators. Bernie was horrible doing color in the booth. Simple facts people. Does that detract from his career as a player?? No. But it certainly does not make him above reproach as a commentator at which he sucks balls!!!

Actually technically, it would be your opinion that he sucks as a commentator, not a fact. I'm not arguing that he doesn't suck, I'm just saying, technically, as long as people out there find him to be fantastic, it's still an opinion.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.
xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Postby theohall » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:36 pm

xbleed83bluex wrote:
theohall wrote:Simply because someone was a professional athlete does not make them above reproach as a commentator. Too many players suck as commentators. Bernie was horrible doing color in the booth. Simple facts people. Does that detract from his career as a player?? No. But it certainly does not make him above reproach as a commentator at which he sucks balls!!!

Actually technically, it would be your opinion that he sucks as a commentator, not a fact. I'm not arguing that he doesn't suck, I'm just saying, technically, as long as people out there find him to be fantastic, it's still an opinion.

True. That is my opinion. But the point about someone being a great hockey player does not make them above reproach as a commentator still stands. They are two entirely different jobs.
(FRANK) the Kings!!!!
theohall
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Postby cprice12 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:15 pm

theohall wrote:
xbleed83bluex wrote:

True. That is my opinion. But the point about someone being a great hockey player does not make them above reproach as a commentator still stands. They are two entirely different jobs.

That's your opinion.
Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DaDitka » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:17 pm

cprice12 wrote:
theohall wrote:
xbleed83bluex wrote:

That's your opinion.

That's your opinion

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund
DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Postby cprice12 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:19 pm

DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
theohall wrote:
xbleed83bluex wrote:

That's your opinion.

That's your opinion

Agree to disagree.
Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Oaklandblue » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Honestly, Bernie can be the worst announcer, salesman and/or suck at anything and everything, but he's our guy and I support our guys and if you're backing the Note, you should too.

And that's my opinion.
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

Oaklandblue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Postby dmiles2186 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Here's my opinion: Bernie is not a great broadcaster. See his knack for finishing several of his analytic points with the word, 'Wow!' Such as: "Oshie is a great player. Look at that play, Wow!"

Al Hrabosky sucks on Cardinals broadcasts...is it okay for me to say that?

Bernie has great enthusiasm for the Blues. He was a great Blue himself. He's a nice dude, by all accounts.

Doesn't make him a great broadcaster.

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Postby sseagle » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:15 pm

:facepalm:

lock please?
Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Postby fargoblues » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:54 pm

sseagle wrote:Image

:facepalm:

lock please?

Dear, sweet baby Jesus. :facepalm:

:lol:
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.
fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Postby thedoc » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Hey at least Bernie is sober during the broadcasts. Not so sure on the mortgage commercials. Hey I am going to need cabinets soon as well. :letsgoblues:

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya
thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Postby fargoblues » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:57 pm

thedoc wrote:Hey at least Bernie is sober during the broadcasts. Not so sure on the mortgage commercials. Hey I am going to need cabinets soon as well. :letsgoblues:

you sure about that?
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.
fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Postby glen a richter » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:09 pm

For my money, one of the best commentators in the game was JD when he was working the Rangers games with Sam Rosen. I thoroughly enjoy when we're playing the Rags and they invite him back into the booth to talk for a while. As far as commentators go, he was always supportive of his team but never a homer like a lot of others.
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Postby Blueline29 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:24 pm

glen a richter wrote:For my money, one of the best commentators in the game was JD when he was working the Rangers games with Sam Rosen. I thoroughly enjoy when we're playing the Rags and they invite him back into the booth to talk for a while. As far as commentators go, he was always supportive of his team but never a homer like a lot of others.

Yes, yes, YES. I used to watch Rangers games all the time just to listen to the 2 of them and Al Trautwig, when he'd chime in. God, they were good.
Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Postby goon attack » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:49 pm

dmiles2186 wrote:Al Hrabosky sucks on Cardinals broadcasts...is it okay for me to say that?

Yes. It's okay to call him a douche too.
Official '13-'14 sponsor of another season of bitter disappointment
Past Sponsorships: '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Postby theohall » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Blueline29 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:For my money, one of the best commentators in the game was JD when he was working the Rangers games with Sam Rosen. I thoroughly enjoy when we're playing the Rags and they invite him back into the booth to talk for a while. As far as commentators go, he was always supportive of his team but never a homer like a lot of others.

Yes, yes, YES. I used to watch Rangers games all the time just to listen to the 2 of them and Al Trautwig, when he'd chime in. God, they were good.

++ John Davidson was an outstanding commentator.
(FRANK) the Kings!!!!
theohall
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion