2012 Playoff Suspension Thread

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

BoxCar
All-Star
All-Star

Re: 2012 Playoff Suspension Thread

Post by BoxCar »

Wow. Pretty in-depth look at the hit and how, granted in retrospect and removed from the situation, Kerry would have handled it. I would say the proper call is 5 and a game misconduct. King clearly didn't mean to injure, but that's only why there should be no suspension. Recall Shaw being suspended for the Smith hit? Refs changed the penalty there, and then smith got up and continued to play.

I hereby nominate Mr. Fraser to assume the capacity currently filled by Mr. Shanahan.
Official President of the 2011-2012 Sponsorship Committee of the honorable Alex Pietrangelo

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: 2012 Playoff Suspension Thread

Post by fargoblues »

BoxCar wrote:Wow. Pretty in-depth look at the hit and how, granted in retrospect and removed from the situation, Kerry would have handled it. I would say the proper call is 5 and a game misconduct. King clearly didn't mean to injure, but that's only why there should be no suspension. Recall Shaw being suspended for the Smith hit? Refs changed the penalty there, and then smith got up and continued to play.

I hereby nominate Mr. Fraser to assume the capacity currently filled by Mr. Shanahan.
Fraser does have some franking awesome hair. and just like that he's better than Shanahan.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.