GDT: 4/28/12 > Game 1 > Blues v Kings > 6:30 PM > NBCSN

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT: 4/28/12 > Game 1 > Blues v Kings > 6:30 PM > NBCSN

Post by STLADOGG »

Getting swept....(Frank) were not coming back in this series like last.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

If Pietro's done, we're fucked. Dwight King just Geoff Courtnall'd us.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I'm glad I missed this game, and apparently the Blues did too.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

For long stretches of that game we looked GOOD.

But the simple rule of this game is that if you don't capitalize on your chances, you lose. We have one bad reaction to a faceoff from Shattenkirk (with Oshie falling down) give up a terrible odd man rush SH and all of a sudden we're fucked.

HAD to score on those chances we had. HAD to. And I frankly can't believe we had that many.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

So Cole in for Petro I guess?

This team is (Franking) cursed.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

glen a richter wrote:So Cole in for Petro I guess?

This team is (Frank) cursed.
probably Huskins
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

So many thoughts.

- BS that King got 2 instead of 5 for the hit on Pietro. I'd say this is auto suspension, but Shanny hasn't been fired. I need to see a replay too I guess. It sounds like a concussion.

- I thought the hit on McDonald warranted 5 as well, but Kerber/Claiborne said it should have just been 2.

- Regardless of all the other BS, the Blues have to play better. We were dominant for 14 minutes and mediocre for 46. We are better than the Kings, and if we play like we did for the first 14 minutes, we will win in 5. But, we aren't so much better that we can just stop playing well. Turnovers have to stop (or be cut down) and we need to cycle the puck better while moving toward the front of the net.

As frustrated as I am with this loss, I actually have a positive outtake on this. For 75% of the game, we didn't play our game. Yet, we lost by 1 goal + an empty netter. We played bad and got burnt on 2 mistakes. Cut those big mistakes out and we win 1-0 while playing poorly. Basically, I don't think the Kings can handle us if we start to play our best, and that's a really good sign.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Replays seemed to show Elliott getting interfered with before Greene punches in the rebound. Made him swivel and get out of position for the tip in. Either way, fml.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Wow...what a depressing thread this is. I thought there were some positives to take away from this. Frustrating game? Sure.

But the team lost in double OT to the Sharks in Game 1 of the last round and bounced back with 4 straight wins. I'm not saying that will happen here, but the season is far from over. Are you kidding me? Calm the frack down, people. Blues just need to take these games one at a time. If they win the next game, they're right back in the series.

The game hinged on the 'non call' on the hit on Petro. Should have been a 4 instead of a 2. NHL refs suck, this is nothing new. One of the guys on the ice was one of the refs on the ice who didn't call Torres' hit on Hossa a penalty. But the even worse bounce happened right after that on the faceoff where Shattenkirk narrowly missed the puck creating the shorthanded opportunity. That chance lead to a goal.

The Blues were in the game until the empty netter with 14 seconds left. The 6 minutes straight of penalty killing took a big chunk of time out of the equation though. It's just one game. Seriously...to quote the late, great Uncle Joey...Cut. It. Out.

Go get them on Monday and it's all a moot point.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Will you fookin' pansies relax? It's one fookin' game. :lol:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

WaukeeBlues wrote:But the simple rule of this game is that if you don't capitalize on your chances, you lose.

Any other nuggets of wisdom, Captain Obvious?

:lol:

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/p ... f6878.html

it’s tough for them to go over and say, ‘It’s a major now’ … because they didn’t see it after the scrum.
Oh, "it's tough?" WHY?

That's the most asinine answer I've ever heard. If you see he's cut, what (Franking) difference does it make if it's .000001 seconds after the hit or 2 freaking minutes? As long as play hasn't started back up, you make the correct (Franking) call you assholes. :x

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

I had a clear view of the center of the ice. Just before Oshie was sent to the box, a Kings player, during a line change but still on the ice, took off his glove and flipped off the referee.

Did anyone else see that?

Mahoney
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Mahoney »

No big deal, we lost game 1 to the Sharks too and then won 4 straight. Blues will be ready for game 2! If Pietro is out long tho, that Is a big deal. Keeping my fingers crossed.

GO BLUES!
http://www.stlbluesunderground.net

- MATT

blues fan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by blues fan »

I agree everyone needs to calm down and see the effort they put out in game 2! I think the whole Pietrangelo thing got them to place they shouldn't have went. Elliot should have never let that 2nd goal in period. I think as a young team they got rattled and need to take charge in game 2 with the home croud.

I will also state the NHL and thier method of calling games reg season and post season is a joke a big fat Freaking joke! Call them closer to the same or let everything that doesn't draw blood go! There is NO way in the reg season that would have been a 2 min minor on King NO freaking way period!!!! No Shanny will I'm sure find and excuse for this but to allow that hit to stand at 2 mins and then state oh you didn't BLEED fast enough so we can;t change the call is pure BS and will drive the casual hockey fan away far more than keep them interested. If they want to get rid of these hits and lower conussions any boarding call should be either a 4 or 5 no less, blood or no blood, that would end many of these hits to the back against the boards.

To give a bunch of these" officals" the term is loosly used, the freedom to pick and choose is pure stupidity. Give each coach a red flag to toss onto the ice and challange the call if they can spend time reviewing every goal the challagned calls should go above these morons on the ice if you win you get another with a max of 3 per game 1 per period.

The Blues NEED game 2 if it happens we are in for a 7 game series if not won't go more than 6. LETS GO BLUES!!!!!!
:goblues: :goblues: :goblues:

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

I agree that there was interference on that goal - the leg pad was dragged across out of position by contact that prevented him resetting square on the second chance. BUT Backes coasted back and didn't negate that chance. If you watch the reverse replay he's just coasting into the zone instead of skating hard to the net. It was on us for not getting back hard and in numbers.

As I have watched this team, they are learning lessons about the playoffs. They learned a couple more last night. Let's see what they do with them before we declare them dead, k?

The hit on A-mac should have been a penalty as well. Total crap.

Also, they need to call all the picks that the kings were playing at both ends of the ice. Jackman was picked on the first goal with no call - which is how the player skated clear out of the corner to make the pass.

I am hoping hitch sent a video to the league to help them understand his point.

Either way, we need to finish. I would put boards up along the bottom foot of the net in practice and make them shoot over it all day.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

goon attack wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:But the simple rule of this game is that if you don't capitalize on your chances, you lose.

Any other nuggets of wisdom, Captain Obvious?

:lol:
:lol: Yea might be obvious but people here are ranting on and on about other things. If we buried even two of the several open net chances we have, none of it matters and people on here would be saying how good we played instead of how bad we did :roll:

There were rough stretches but I thought we looked fine. LA's PK is obviously a lot better than San Jose's and it showed but we were still getting good looks, generated a lot of chances and looked especially good right out of the gate. Those 6 straight minutes of PK time doesn't help either.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

They just looked sluggish all night, and didnt finish their checks. Hopefully game 2 will be like round 1's game 2.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

STLADOGG wrote:
glen a richter wrote:So Cole in for Petro I guess?

This team is (Frank) cursed.
probably Huskins
Hitch said Cole would probably play if Petro can't go...or we go with 7 D.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Really, you just have to force Quick to keep making those saves the rest of the way. That's all you can do. If he makes half a dozen highlight reel saves that no other goalie can make every game, well, then you tip your cap.

Overall, we were the better team last night...by quite a bit actually. You don't have to change much...just keep plugging away.

Same type thing as game 1 in Rd. 1...we were the better team in that game, but we just lost as Niemi was very good.

The only problem is if Petro can't play, then you have to fill his skates with someone else and see how that goes.

LA's 2nd goal, the shorty, was flukey in how it developed. Just a bad break. It happens. Just have to come back and win the next game.

I'm discouraged after the loss, but overall we were more than good enough to win. Quick bailed them out. Make him keep doing that...that's all you can do. If we keep playing at that level, I like our chances...just like in Rd. 1.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/