ESPN Exec Interview on Hockey

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: ESPN Exec Interview on Hockey

Postby glen a richter » Sat May 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Basketball is the second biggest waste of a sport ever. Soccer, of course, is number one.
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Postby wik » Sat May 19, 2012 9:58 pm

I moved to Indy from STL four years ago for a job. I still laugh when I hear some political figure pandering to the media and voters by stating how proud s/he is to be a hoosier through and through. People from here inject that word with great enthusiasm into just about every conversation they have. I find it just hilarious. This isn't a bad city, and it is an easy four drive from STL on I-70, but between the total lack of pro hockey and being surrounded by proud hoosiers always blathering about hoosier hospitality, my tolerance is running low.
wik
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gaijin » Mon May 21, 2012 8:38 pm

From the sound of it, basketball in Indiana is like football in Texas. It's religion. I knew I was in for trouble when the first autumn I was here, I received with my Sunday newspaper a 92-page, full-color, glossy, high school football season preview, complete with notable player and coach bios.
gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Postby cprice12 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:52 am

gaijin wrote:From the sound of it, basketball in Indiana is like football in Texas. It's religion. I knew I was in for trouble when the first autumn I was here, I received with my Sunday newspaper a 92-page, full-color, glossy, high school football season preview, complete with notable player and coach bios.

That's just creepy. They're in flippin' high school. :lol:

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby STLADOGG » Tue May 29, 2012 7:57 am

cprice12 wrote:
gaijin wrote:From the sound of it, basketball in Indiana is like football in Texas. It's religion. I knew I was in for trouble when the first autumn I was here, I received with my Sunday newspaper a 92-page, full-color, glossy, high school football season preview, complete with notable player and coach bios.

:plusplus: I can definitely see a couple pages in a school newspaper but when its being sent to people outside of the school then it really gets ridiculous and creepy.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Postby gaijin » Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 pm

cprice12 wrote:

Not in west Texas. They're football players waiting to graduate. Don't think I'm kidding.
gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Postby DaDitka » Tue May 29, 2012 1:17 pm

gaijin wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

Not in west Texas. They're football players waiting to graduate. Don't think I'm kidding.

Agreed, when I moved to Texas it was a small town and everything......everything...closed for the high school football games. The gas stations, movie theater, drug store......EVERYTHING.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund
DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Postby cprice12 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:15 pm

DaDitka wrote:
gaijin wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

Agreed, when I moved to Texas it was a small town and everything......everything...closed for the high school football games. The gas stations, movie theater, drug store......EVERYTHING.

My point above still stands.

Creepy.

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion