ESPN Exec Interview on Hockey

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: ESPN Exec Interview on Hockey

Postby glen a richter » Sat May 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Basketball is the second biggest waste of a sport ever. Soccer, of course, is number one.
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Postby wik » Sat May 19, 2012 9:58 pm

I moved to Indy from STL four years ago for a job. I still laugh when I hear some political figure pandering to the media and voters by stating how proud s/he is to be a hoosier through and through. People from here inject that word with great enthusiasm into just about every conversation they have. I find it just hilarious. This isn't a bad city, and it is an easy four drive from STL on I-70, but between the total lack of pro hockey and being surrounded by proud hoosiers always blathering about hoosier hospitality, my tolerance is running low.
wik
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gaijin » Mon May 21, 2012 8:38 pm

From the sound of it, basketball in Indiana is like football in Texas. It's religion. I knew I was in for trouble when the first autumn I was here, I received with my Sunday newspaper a 92-page, full-color, glossy, high school football season preview, complete with notable player and coach bios.
gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Postby cprice12 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:52 am

gaijin wrote:From the sound of it, basketball in Indiana is like football in Texas. It's religion. I knew I was in for trouble when the first autumn I was here, I received with my Sunday newspaper a 92-page, full-color, glossy, high school football season preview, complete with notable player and coach bios.

That's just creepy. They're in flippin' high school. :lol:
Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby STLADOGG » Tue May 29, 2012 7:57 am

cprice12 wrote:
gaijin wrote:From the sound of it, basketball in Indiana is like football in Texas. It's religion. I knew I was in for trouble when the first autumn I was here, I received with my Sunday newspaper a 92-page, full-color, glossy, high school football season preview, complete with notable player and coach bios.

:plusplus: I can definitely see a couple pages in a school newspaper but when its being sent to people outside of the school then it really gets ridiculous and creepy.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Roman Polak
TW Tiger Woods TW
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Postby gaijin » Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 pm

cprice12 wrote:

Not in west Texas. They're football players waiting to graduate. Don't think I'm kidding.
gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Postby DaDitka » Tue May 29, 2012 1:17 pm

gaijin wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

Not in west Texas. They're football players waiting to graduate. Don't think I'm kidding.

Agreed, when I moved to Texas it was a small town and everything......everything...closed for the high school football games. The gas stations, movie theater, drug store......EVERYTHING.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund
DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Postby cprice12 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:15 pm

DaDitka wrote:
gaijin wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

Agreed, when I moved to Texas it was a small town and everything......everything...closed for the high school football games. The gas stations, movie theater, drug store......EVERYTHING.

My point above still stands.

Creepy.
Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion