Official NHL and NHLPA CBA Negotiations Thread

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Official NHL and NHLPA CBA Negotiations Thread

Post by STLADOGG »

Stubborn greedy pricks.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

KPFBlue
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KPFBlue »

Official 2011-12 sponsor of Chris Stewart

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

That article says nothing. Their speculation can be summed up as...

"What if he doesn't want to come back! OMG!"

I thought it would be about some weird contractual thing or something, but it's all just a bunch of nothing.

If he wanted to stay in Russia, he would have stayed there. I'm not worried.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

NHL Net has playoffs on... idk what you clowns are talking about, and where is everyone in this shit town?
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

sseagle wrote:NHL Net has playoffs on... idk what you clowns are talking about, and where is everyone in this shit town?
You didn't hear? The FPA(Forum Posters Association) are currently in a lockout.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

sseagle wrote:NHL Net has playoffs on... idk what you clowns are talking about, and where is everyone in this shit town?
:lol:

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

STLADOGG wrote:
You didn't hear? The FPA(Forum Posters Association) are currently in a lockout.
Glad I didn't join that (Franking) union... assholes

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

As long as the NHL is in a lockout and screwing me over the privilege to watch my team, I will not watch their shit network.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Hypothetically let's suppose the lockout ends next week, how many players that headed off to Europe would be stuck there the whole season?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

As I understood a majority of them were doing it on a weekly contract basis just in case it would start back up.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

The lockout makes for great reading on the shitter :(
Ps (Frank) baseball

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Surprisingly enough I'm not missing hockey right now...but when Christmas comes I will be.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Code: Select all

[b]NHL, NHLPA CONTINUE CBA TALKS TODAY IN NEW YORK[/b]

The NHL Players' Association returned for an afternoon session of collective bargaining talks with the NHL at the league's offices in New York. Talks have now concluded for the day.

Steve Fehr, Mathieu Schneider and a handful of players were on hand for the second session. NHLPA head Donald Fehr was not present.

Earlier in the day, Donald and Steve Fehr met with commissioner Gary Bettman and deputy commissioner Bill Daly in a smaller group meeting.

Donald Fehr wouldn't give the media any details about the morning session.

The lockout is in its fourth week with the two sides still entrenched in their positions on the fundamental issue of how to split up league revenue.

The players have insisted that they continue to earn the US$1.871 billion they took home collectively last season while the owners are looking for an immediate reduction in salaries.

The work stoppage has already forced the NHL to cancel the first two weeks of the regular season, a move that wiped 82 games off the schedule and pushed a potential opening night back to Oct. 25.

It's the third time in 18 years a lockout has forced the cancellation of NHL games.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Code: Select all

[b]NHL, union resume talks[/b]
Updated: October 10, 2012, 8:58 PM ET
By Katie Strang | ESPNNewYork.com

After five hours of talks in two sessions Wednesday, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said the league has received indication that the NHL Players' Association is putting together a proposal, and the NHL is urging the union to make it.

Daly said a "variety of sources" both privately and publicly tipped off the league that the union was working toward putting forth a new offer. The two sides have not swapped proposals in more than three weeks.

"We understand you're working on a proposal. Make it to us," Daly said of the league's message to the union during Wednesday's negotiations. "Let's not stand on formalities. If you a have a proposal, make it."

The league has been imploring the union to submit something new for weeks and hopes that the possibility might jump-start a negotiation process that has become stagnant.

The union also is encouraging the league to make moves of its own, multiple sources told ESPNNewYork.com. Even if the league's next proposal doesn't include significant movement on the economic issues, it is believed the union would like to see some concessions made in other areas, such as the contracting issues.

Despite a small, private session between Daly, commissioner Gary Bettman and the union's top two -- Donald and Steve Fehr -- prior to Wednesday afternoon's larger group session, Daly said little progress was made.

"Overall today, we didn't really move the ball forward that much," he said.

Daly said the top four did not discuss the core economic issues that continue to divide the two sides, although Fehr said the meeting did touch on the key financial concepts. Fehr did not go into detail about what exactly was covered, although no substantive numbers have been exchanged since the days leading up to the lockout.

In the larger group session that lasted more than four hours, the two sides covered a range of health and safety issues, as well as miscellaneous legal issues.

During that meeting, a decision was handed down by the Alberta Labour Relations Board rejecting the union's claim that a lockout was illegal under Canadian provincial law.

Fehr said he was "disappointed" with the outcome and found it "odd" that the ALBLRB chose not to get involved on the decision.

"We think that's unfortunate. We think they should've gotten involved," Fehr said. "Obviously, it's a win for the league and they get to continue the lockout they want so badly without any interference from the Alberta labour board."

Daly expressed his frustration that the union made the application at all and said he felt the action impeded the potential progress of labor discussions.

"It was really a distraction to the process. It wasn't good faith bargaining," Daly said.

Although labor talks have seemed to yield little progress, the rhetoric from both sides seems to becoming increasingly incendiary.

In a recent interview, NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr said the union would not rule out going after the salary cap should the lockout endure, a comment that did not sit well with the league.

"None of those comments were a surprise to me," Daly said. "If that's the direction they choose to go in, that's up to them. I don't make decisions for them, obviously. They've suggested they want to get the players on the ice soon. I can pretty much assure you if they make that proposal, it won't get the players back on the ice soon."

More than three weeks into the lockout, the league has canceled the entire pre-season schedule and all games through Oct. 24. When asked Wednesday about the resulting economic effect, Daly said the lost games will cost the league upward of $240-250 million.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/84865 ... hl-lockout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

No proposals in more than 3 weeks? :facepalm:

Is there something I'm really not understanding about the process of these negotiations? The delays and gaps between meetings and proposals seems incredibly ridiculous.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

ViPeRx007 wrote:No proposals in more than 3 weeks? :facepalm:

Is there something I'm really not understanding about the process of these negotiations? The delays and gaps between meetings and proposals seems incredibly ridiculous.
:plusplus:

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

ViPeRx007 wrote:No proposals in more than 3 weeks? :facepalm:

Negotiating tactic.

Not quite as effective when both sides think time is on their side and are unwilling to compromise.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

On a side note, the KHL is on ESPN2 right now. The KHL.

A half month into the lockout and a russian league is doing something way smarter than the NHL ever did. I'm sickened how pitifully dysfunctional the NHL is. Pathetic.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Interesting article on CBA models and comparisons between leagues and competitive balance. Kind technical, kinda long, but I found it to provide an interesting slant on what's going on (or not going on, depending on your point of view) with the current (lack) of CBA negotiations.

Full Article

Chart on cost per win based on the payroll over the last seven years and the number of wins.

Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

I'm reading tweets Owners made new offer to NHL PA. 50/50 HRR split... Season could start in November....

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

NHL OFFERS 50/50 SPLIT ON HRR IN PROPOSAL FOR NHLPA
TSN.CA STAFF
10/16/2012 12:58:06 PM

The NHL put a new offer on the bargaining table for the NHL Players' Association on Tuesday morning, which includes a 50/50 split of hockey-related revenue across the board and contingent on an 82-game season beginning Nov. 2.

"We hope we've given our best shot," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman told reporters on Tuesday afternoon.

Bettman added that the offer calls for no salary rollback and the revised schedule - if implemented - would see every team play an extra game every five weeks.

NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr said the offer - which is at least six years in length - is an "excellent start" and he would go over it with his membership in a 5pm et conference call.

Negotiations resumed Tuesday in Toronto in the NHL's labour dispute with the NHL Players Association - the first in five days following two days of meetings in New York last week. Key negotiators Bettman, Bill Daly and Donald and Steve Fehr were in attendance as both sides looked to start bridging the gap on core economic issues.

Both sides have communicated regularly since the lockout began on Sept. 15, but with little to no progress so far as the meetings have focused on non-core economic discussions.

Neither side had formally tabled an offer since Sept. 12.

Click on to TSN.ca for more details as they follow.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Boys, we all knew this is where it would end up... lets hope they got some sense and agree.. stat!