NHL Peace Offerings giving back to the fans???

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: NHL Peace Offerings giving back to the fans???

Post by Winning Unlimited »

The boycott doesn't bother me. Neither do straight edge or vegetarians. It means more beer, hamburgers, and an extra ticket for me.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

cprice12 wrote:
Winning Unlimited wrote:Every hit count to this forum triggers the Curt Price advertisement plugs that contribute to his Blues tickets fund.
Any balance sheet I show you will have me very deep in the red in this site.
And I have no ticket fund...unless you want to start one for me.
How far into the red? On a scale from goon conservative red to rock bottom worst case scenario detroit red.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

dr313 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
dr313 wrote:I am not going to continue to feed your egotistical rants. We agree to disagree and that is all. I apologize to the rest of the members of the forum who has to read this. This is truly not why I came here.
All I am trying to point out to you is that your boycott is really not a boycott, seeing that you are regularly logged in on a hockey message board. Then, when someone disagrees with you you accuse them of trolling. I continue to disagree with you and you call me a spineless sheep for not carrying the same viewpoint as you and choosing to support my team, our team. Don't apologize to the rest of the members, this is nothing new. Douchebags like you stop in all the time. If you want to boycott the NHL, then boycott the NHL. Don't come on here talking a big game about your convictions and then try and participate in a discussion about Blues hockey. The majority of us on this board aren't here to read about your personal disdain for the NHL, we're here because we are excited about the team that we have been waiting for years to develop. I've been a Blues fan my whole life, and this team is now a legitimate cup contender. I choose to support them along with the majority of this message board, but in your eyes that makes us "spineless sheep". Have your boycott, but be a man and stick to your word. Boycott for ten games. That would include the NHL, NHL Network, NHL Radio, NHL.com, hockey related message boards, Scottrade Center, etc. If you are going to boycott, then boycott. If not, it's like an alcoholic saying they stopped drinking whiskey but not beer. BOYCOTT EVERYTHING FOR 10 GAMES. Until then, get the (Frank) off the forum. :okman: :goblues:
My boycott consists of not giving them any of my money, via going to games, watching games on TV and purchasing any merchandise. It has nothing to do with forums. That is the background of my boycott. Please don't take that as a lack of support, I still love my team. I posted a link previously that stated that. And the "spineless sheep" comment wasn't made because you disagree with my views, it was because you feel that the only opinion is your opinion. I said from the very beginning that the "Just Drop It" campaign wasn't for everyone and that I am not trying to sway anyone's opinion and that please just respect mine. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.
In case you have not noticed most of us on this board DON"T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR boycott! Quit posting your BULLSHIT!!!! It's annoying and it doesn't make US mindless sheep. Mindless sheep are those doing what most everyone else is doing - like doing what someone on facebook asks you to do :moran:
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

theohall wrote:
dr313 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
dr313 wrote:I am not going to continue to feed your egotistical rants. We agree to disagree and that is all. I apologize to the rest of the members of the forum who has to read this. This is truly not why I came here.
All I am trying to point out to you is that your boycott is really not a boycott, seeing that you are regularly logged in on a hockey message board. Then, when someone disagrees with you you accuse them of trolling. I continue to disagree with you and you call me a spineless sheep for not carrying the same viewpoint as you and choosing to support my team, our team. Don't apologize to the rest of the members, this is nothing new. Douchebags like you stop in all the time. If you want to boycott the NHL, then boycott the NHL. Don't come on here talking a big game about your convictions and then try and participate in a discussion about Blues hockey. The majority of us on this board aren't here to read about your personal disdain for the NHL, we're here because we are excited about the team that we have been waiting for years to develop. I've been a Blues fan my whole life, and this team is now a legitimate cup contender. I choose to support them along with the majority of this message board, but in your eyes that makes us "spineless sheep". Have your boycott, but be a man and stick to your word. Boycott for ten games. That would include the NHL, NHL Network, NHL Radio, NHL.com, hockey related message boards, Scottrade Center, etc. If you are going to boycott, then boycott. If not, it's like an alcoholic saying they stopped drinking whiskey but not beer. BOYCOTT EVERYTHING FOR 10 GAMES. Until then, get the (Frank) off the forum. :okman: :goblues:
My boycott consists of not giving them any of my money, via going to games, watching games on TV and purchasing any merchandise. It has nothing to do with forums. That is the background of my boycott. Please don't take that as a lack of support, I still love my team. I posted a link previously that stated that. And the "spineless sheep" comment wasn't made because you disagree with my views, it was because you feel that the only opinion is your opinion. I said from the very beginning that the "Just Drop It" campaign wasn't for everyone and that I am not trying to sway anyone's opinion and that please just respect mine. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.
In case you have not noticed most of us on this board DON"T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR boycott! Quit posting your BULLSHIT!!!! It's annoying and it doesn't make US mindless sheep. Mindless sheep are those doing what most everyone else is doing - like doing what someone on facebook asks you to do :moran:
Theohall bringing the heat. :aaaa: I know I got into it with 313 and I do disagree with him coming on here to parade his boycott the mindless sheep comment irked me to a new level, but Curt is right. Let's not chase off the new members. It's his right, and he'll be back in the fold in a couple weeks.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

dr313 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
dr313 wrote:Too Little Too Late
Ahhhh, this little guy is angry. Dude I thought you were boycotting. Stop "trolling" on the board, it's getting old. Come back in 9 more games when you're done with your little temper tantrum.
It's not trolling, it's my opinion. And it's one that is shared by thousands of fans across the league. If you don't like it, then don't comment. I am sorry that you are too much of a spineless sheep to understand.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dr313, I think you've learned in short time that you need to have a thick skin to survive up in this bitch. Be careful how you present yourself, especially as a new member, the veterans will be up your ass like Jeffrey Dahmer's cellmate with a brookstick. It's just a hazing though, unless you proceed to act like a know it all twerp.

Anyway, welcome to LGB.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dr313
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dr313 »

lol, you peeps are funny, but its cool. I am not going to argue. I stated my position and stated that I will be back in full force in a couple of weeks, if that makes it seem as though I know everything there is then cool. I'm not going anywhere so there ya go. for those who don't like it t(o.ot) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

AlsWoodenStick wrote:If Viper & I can hug it out like men there is nothing stoping you two!
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! *HIGH FIVE*
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

dr313 wrote:lol, you peeps are funny, but its cool. I am not going to argue. I stated my position and stated that I will be back in full force in a couple of weeks, if that makes it seem as though I know everything there is then cool. I'm not going anywhere so there ya go. for those who don't like it t(o.ot) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Screw you, you bastard. Welcome to the board though.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

dr313 wrote:lol, you peeps are funny, but its cool. I am not going to argue. I stated my position and stated that I will be back in full force in a couple of weeks, if that makes it seem as though I know everything there is then cool. I'm not going anywhere so there ya go. for those who don't like it t(o.ot) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

theohall wrote:Image
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

dr313
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dr313 »

fargoblues wrote:
theohall wrote:Image
Attachments
tumblr_m965by4pin1rp06d4o1_500.jpg
tumblr_m965by4pin1rp06d4o1_500.jpg (29.63 KiB) Viewed 2928 times

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

313 at a game.

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Where the hell is this thread going?
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

First off, I would proudly buy Curt a ticket to a game simply as thanks for having this site up and operating it. I think that's the least someone can do for him.

Second to DR313, I am the idiot mascot of this forum and I am totally insulted that you have the audacity, especially as a newcomer, to even try and dare to take my crown away. It's mine, you can't have it though I must commend you on your totally stupid and idiotic boycotting. You're doing such a great job in your goals, I mean, you have EVERYONE on here choosing a single and polarizing side.

Sadly it's against you.

Knock if off.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Why are you boycotting when they brought back the organ and zoomed in on Kathryn mcphee?

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Winning Unlimited wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Winning Unlimited wrote:Every hit count to this forum triggers the Curt Price advertisement plugs that contribute to his Blues tickets fund.
Any balance sheet I show you will have me very deep in the red in this site.
And I have no ticket fund...unless you want to start one for me.
How far into the red? On a scale from goon conservative red to rock bottom worst case scenario detroit red.
Back in the day (maybe 5-6 years ago or so) , when I had the LGB Booster donation option... a nice handful of guys donated to the site... $5, $10, $20 a piece.
Over time, donations dropped off, which is to be expected.
A couple guys contacted me and donated a nice amount this year, which was much appreciated.

When I redesigned the site a while back, I took down the LGB Booster donation page and planned on revamping it a bit. But I never got around to that and it's been down ever since. I need to get that back up as every once in a while someone asks about donating.
I've said before that I want to get that back up in the near future, and put up a site store as well...with a couple t-shirt options or whatever. I'll get to it eventually.

Grand total since I started this site back in 2001, I've probably received around $400 in donations. Which is awesome.
With the traffic we get and the hosting needed to accommodate that, plus domain fees...it has probably run me in the neighborhood of $1500 over the last 12 years. But that's a drop in the bucket compared to the hundreds of hours I have put into it. But I never think of as an expense, as I enjoy doing it. That part is fun for me. And being in the red a little over $1000 when spread out over 12 years isn't bad.

For the longest time I refused to put ads on the forum. I tried it a long time ago and received zero revenue from it, so what's the point? I recently put up the ad at the top of the forum to help out the guy who was kind enough to sponsor our Lets Go Blues Radio podcast.

To be perfectly honest, if anyone wants to help out with the site, but can't swing a donation, a great way to contribute would be to click on the ad in the forum, or the other ads on the Lets Go Blues Radio page. Our sponsors have been given the ability to monitor ad clicks, so click on the ads and try out their products...they'll notice. Hell, the Fanzlive app is free for Android and iPhone... doesn't cost you a cent to try it out. If the sponsors are happy, then I'm happy. :grin:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Oaklandblue wrote:First off, I would proudly buy Curt a ticket to a game simply as thanks for having this site up and operating it. I think that's the least someone can do for him.
Are you sure?
I have expensive taste. It's club seats kind of guy. :wink:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ZigZagBluesFan
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by ZigZagBluesFan »

You should do what I did. I scheduled a getaway so I wouldn't be tempted to watch the season opener. I figured if I could get past that, I could go through with my personal protest. Right?

So there I was in an Orlando sports bar with a transplanted St. Louis friend of mine, watching the Blues stomp the Red Wings 6-0...

I don't think I would've forgiven myself if I would've missed that game.

Life is too short to deprive yourself of something you love. Ultimately my passion for hockey and the St. Louis Blues outweighs a silly agenda. I waited several years for this powerhouse to be built and I'll be damned if I'm not going to watch when what could be the final pieces (Schwarz & Frank) are in place.

BAAAAA!

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

ZigZagBluesFan wrote:You should do what I did. I scheduled a getaway so I wouldn't be tempted to watch the season opener. I figured if I could get past that, I could go through with my personal protest. Right?

So there I was in an Orlando sports bar with a transplanted St. Louis friend of mine, watching the Blues stomp the Red Wings 6-0...

I don't think I would've forgiven myself if I would've missed that game.

Life is too short to deprive yourself of something you love. Ultimately my passion for hockey and the St. Louis Blues outweighs a silly agenda. I waited several years for this powerhouse to be built and I'll be damned if I'm not going to watch when what could be the final pieces (Schwarz & Frank) are in place.

BAAAAA!
well said
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW