NHL Gamecenter $49.99 (whole season)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Jaykay
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Re: NHL Gamecenter $49.99 (whole season)

Post by Jaykay »

Damn, I just wanted to watch puck-drop, but this damn game center says I have to upgrade for 50 bucks, what I did, and now it says I have to upgrade for 50 bucks. NHL chat does not work, I can't call them, I'm pretty pissed right now :facepalm:
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

For me, Gamecenter works best. I can get Center Ice through Optimum but it isn't in HD and this is actually better quality than SD. I have an HTPC hooked up to my flatscreen anyway so that's what I do. I don't have many complaints. There's a little lag every now and then and obviously it's a little behind real time, as is the nature with streaming, but it's usually only 10-15 seconds or so.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

unblock us is having a problem with Gamecenter. So im watching it on http://www.firstrowsports.eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hope they get it fixed soon!

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

I bought this yesterday thanks for the post. It's pretty cool to see the games in the NHL Vault.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

For those with a Roku, the GameCenter channel works now. Wasn't working yesterday, but it is good now. :)
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

After I talked up Gamecenter it kind of sucked opening night. Lots of lag, and it wasn't just me as others were complaining about it too. Hopefully they fix it or someone's getting some angry emails and/or flaming bags of poo on their porches.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

goldglovechipper wrote:Yep, both packages will be $49.99 for the '13 season.
Yep, just to confirm, CenterIce is 49.99 on Charter for the rest of the year. Just ordered it yesterday, w00t!
:cup:
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

I got it... it's awesome. $50 for almost every game outside of the KC area...

Unfortunately, I have to be social and go to a bar to watch the Blues, but whatever. :okman:

Edit: What are the odds if I get an IP address out of Colorado that I will get caught? It would allow me to watch Blues game on the computer. Anyone heard anything about this? I lived in France for awhile and logged into an IP out of Ohio... worked fine.

What are the odds of getting busted???

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

TSUCookieMonster wrote:I got it... it's awesome. $50 for almost every game outside of the KC area...

Unfortunately, I have to be social and go to a bar to watch the Blues, but whatever. :okman:

Edit: What are the odds if I get an IP address out of Colorado that I will get caught? It would allow me to watch Blues game on the computer. Anyone heard anything about this? I lived in France for awhile and logged into an IP out of Ohio... worked fine.

Very slim. There are websites now designed to do just this. Go for it!
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

TSUCookieMonster wrote:I got it... it's awesome. $50 for almost every game outside of the KC area...

The whole point of blacking out games for some folks is to force them to watch it on the local affiliate (FSMW) or the national broadcast (NBC, NBC Sports) because the advertisers pay for exclusivity to the home market during those games.
If you don't get FSMW, then I fail to understand why anyone would care if you used a proxy to watch games that are blacked out, that really shouldn't be blacked out for you in the first place.
Sometimes the areas they choose to black out make no sense whatsoever.
Screw 'em.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

cprice12 wrote:

The whole point of blacking out games for some folks is to force them to watch it on the local affiliate (FSMW) or the national broadcast (NBC, NBC Sports) because the advertisers pay for exclusivity to the home market during those games.
If you don't get FSMW, then I fail to understand why anyone would care if you used a proxy to watch games that are blacked out, that really shouldn't be blacked out for you in the first place.
Screw 'em.
I had a buddy from KC that did the same thing, he was fine. I really wouldn't worry about it.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Jaykay
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Jaykay »

cprice12 wrote:
Screw 'em.

That's the point, even for Euro-pansies like me they black out gaems in GameCenter. Lucky me that my TV-Provider has ESPN in it's programm, so I can watch national covered games including the commercials they want me to watch :P

All about money (once more), yeah screw'em :D
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny