GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Post by APOD »

sseagle wrote:
sseagle wrote:
APOD wrote:This thread has turned into a line brawl.....anyone want to scrum :o
I just dropped my gloves, come and get it!

Also (Frank)!
APOD is running away like tootoo, I guess I'm going to the box for a four minute "kick ass" penalty!
I might have to go end my life now that Ive been compared to Tootoo not sure if I can handle that. What a low blow. :cry:
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Is there any happiness going on in this thread?

Name one team that would really be playing well without their top line. The end.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

ViPeRx007 wrote:Is there any happiness going on in this thread?
No.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Tarasenko I keep... we don't know what he will become at this point. You keep him in a lockerroom full of forwards who (Frank) around half the time and you can guess what he turns into tho.

Shattenkirk and Petrangelo are the other two I would keep. Their specific talents are much harder to find.

I don't care how much "elite dangle" perron has, I don't like him. It's his attitude, and it sucks from what I can see. I wouldn't be opposed to trading him for a quality return.

I don't think Oshie is fully committed to winning at the professional level either, but I think he may be easier to train that perron. I would trade oshie for a suitable return.

I think Stewart has worked hard this year and gives a shit, more than I can say for others. I would be happy to trade him as well.

I can't decide about Berglund. He seems to have brilliant shifts and then just drift for games at a time. I wouldn't mind trading him either.

... and you can go like this down the rest of the roster.

It's time to move the roster around and really get something going. I don't like what we have or the results. We had a nice run with these guys last year, but really I don't see the ingredients of a cup here at all.

The best Blues team in my recent memory lost to Vancouver after the team went down with a suspicious flu after staying in Vancouver. That team, imo, was built to win a cup. We haven't been nearly as strong since then regardless of our regular season record.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

JR was on the radio today and made a good point. WIth so many teams thinking they are in the hunt, there are way more buyers than sellers. So, it's hard to find trades right now. And the ones that are found will likely be expensive.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

APOD wrote:
sseagle wrote:
sseagle wrote:
APOD wrote:This thread has turned into a line brawl.....anyone want to scrum :o
I just dropped my gloves, come and get it!

Also (Frank)!
APOD is running away like tootoo, I guess I'm going to the box for a four minute "kick ass" penalty!
I might have to go end my life now that Ive been compared to Tootoo not sure if I can handle that. What a low blow. :cry:
You should fight back, not cry, this isn't Detroit!
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cardsfan04 wrote:JR was on the radio today and made a good point. WIth so many teams thinking they are in the hunt, there are way more buyers than sellers. So, it's hard to find trades right now. And the ones that are found will likely be expensive.

Yeah, like Army said "few teams are ready to trade current talent to better their future".

That tells me he would still prefer to trade picks and prospects rather then on the ice talent and I certainly like that approach. If Andy Mac hadn't gotten hurt I probably would have looked to move his expiring contract....but other then that I don't see a lot off assets that have value that are 'expendable'.

What confuses me however is all the reported traffic of other teams scouts and front office people in attendance. If we're only dangling players not on the roster, why are there so many spending so much time watching out boys on the ice?

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

DaDitka wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:JR was on the radio today and made a good point. WIth so many teams thinking they are in the hunt, there are way more buyers than sellers. So, it's hard to find trades right now. And the ones that are found will likely be expensive.

Yeah, like Army said "few teams are ready to trade current talent to better their future".

That tells me he would still prefer to trade picks and prospects rather then on the ice talent and I certainly like that approach. If Andy Mac hadn't gotten hurt I probably would have looked to move his expiring contract....but other then that I don't see a lot off assets that have value that are 'expendable'.

What confuses me however is all the reported traffic of other teams scouts and front office people in attendance. If we're only dangling players not on the roster, why are there so many spending so much time watching out boys on the ice?
He didn't say that they wouldn't be ready to trade current talent for current talent. We're not the only team that could use a shakeup. Maybe he's dangling current talent in the hope of making a big deal kinda like the Shattenkirk deal.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

With the playoff hunt as tight as it is, I think trades as acts of desperation will happen if you offer what they need. Look at the Pens; Vokoun totally imploded on them and they seem to be abit leery on Fleury, so if you offer them a solid netminder for example, for a solid wing, they going to say no, or are they going to shore up their team?

I think the teams that will make these act of desperation trades will be 7th and 8th seed and 9-11th seed, provided the race stays that close and there's every reason to believe it will.

As purely a hunch, I think the trade deadline is going to surprise a lot of people.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!