GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby theohall » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:54 am

Dear Chris Stewart,

As good as your offensive zone play can be, your defensive zone play sucks ass. 3 of the Kings 6 goals tonight were scored from the Kings LW position on the ice. Twice, YOU failed to actually cover that postion and once you skated so far from it, the defenseman couldn't even cover up for your crappy decision making. Learn to play a FULL game or get you ass off this friggin' team.

Thanks,
A Pissed Off fan.

And to those who think Backes should not be a Captain and Stewart should, PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!!!!

We bitched about Brewer being a Captain and doing nothing on the ice. Backes busts his ass on the ice and leads by example. Unfortunately, some think being popular and only playing offense are what matters. This is the f'in problem with this team and it manifests itself repeatedly whenever Stewart is in a defensive position. How often does anyone see Stewart below a faceoff dot in the defensive zone? I only remember twice this entire season. Now count the number of goals against when I see Stewart inside his own blueline with an attacker between the Blues goal and him?? Too f'in many. Get this numbnuts completely irresponsible defensive fool off this damn team. With anyone else on the RW when those 3 goals happened, odds are those three goals would not have happened, because the rest of the Blues RWs are RESPONSIBLE DEFENSIVELY!!!!! Result Blues likely don't lose 6-4 and probably win 4-2 or 4-3. Thanks Chris Stewart!!! YOU SUCK!!!!!!!

Sidenote - Dear Ken Hitchcock, NEVER put Stewart on the ice for a defensive zone faceoff. You are asking for a goal against in that situation.
(FRANK) the Kings!!!!
User avatar
theohall
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3653
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby theohall » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 am

In other words, just trade Stewart and lots of the BS goals against for the Blues disappear. No need to fire the coach and/or rebuild.
(FRANK) the Kings!!!!
User avatar
theohall
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3653
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby Oaklandblue » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:53 am

theohall wrote:And to those who think Backes should not be a Captain and Stewart should, PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!!!!


Okay, honesty time: David Backes is a solid and tough hockey player and we should be proud to have him. He produces and may very well, with exception, be the best scorer we got. I'll give that to him.

But no one. No One. NO ONE. On this team takes David Backes seriously. And that's a fact.

He's been pretty much ignored by his team and Hitch as a Captain. If Hitch had respect for Backes, he'd back him up; he'd sit down Perron and Stew and he would create the atmosphere that is needed to win. That is well within Hitch's powers and he doesn't do it. What does that tell you?

Stewart being a Captain is ridiculous and satirical at best. Stew should play 5 minutes a game via special teams only. Only person you can blame for Stew playing as many minutes as he is, is Hitch.

Look closely, you'll see a pattern here.
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!
Oaklandblue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby WaukeeBlues » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:24 am

There is no excuse for any professional hockey team, anywhere, to be up 4-1 in the 2nd period and lose 6-4. None. Zero.

I didn't see the game and I don't know what happened but what the F*CK guys?! You learned how to protect a lead when you were teenagers on a frozen pond for Christ's sake. Disgusted with this team right now.
Official LGB Sponsor: Jake Allen
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4681
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby sseagle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:25 am

Nyghtewynd wrote:
sseagle wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:5-4. Fire Hitchcock.


So the players can quit on the next coach?

They quit on Murray
They quit on Payne


So your solution is to rebuild. Because that's what you're saying. Trade Oshie, Perron, and Stewart, and wait another three years. Are you willing to do that?


What (Frank) miracle worker coach are you bringing in?
This board disgusts me, you are a bunch of crying chicken little pansies.

Ok we aren't playing lights out, guess what, we are blues fans, it's part of the (Frank) deal.

Jesus (Frank) Christ!

Lets fire ray barile cause players are injured! Lets fire Louie cause mascots are (Frank) gay, let's fire our asshole fans that don't show up to games and sell their tickets to cockhawk fans.

Get a (Frank) grip. It's a short season, and you know what, a (Frank) 8 seed that shouldn't have even made the playoffs won the cup last year.

(Frank) breathe people.


(Frank)
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby WaukeeBlues » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:28 am

sseagle wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:
sseagle wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:5-4. Fire Hitchcock.


So the players can quit on the next coach?

They quit on Murray
They quit on Payne


So your solution is to rebuild. Because that's what you're saying. Trade Oshie, Perron, and Stewart, and wait another three years. Are you willing to do that?


What (Frank) miracle worker coach are you bringing in?
This board disgusts me, you are a bunch of crying chicken little pansies.

Ok we aren't playing lights out, guess what, we are blues fans, it's part of the (Frank) deal.

Jesus (Frank) Christ!

Lets fire ray barile cause players are injured! Lets fire Louie cause mascots are (Frank) gay, let's fire our asshole fans that don't show up to games and sell their tickets to cockhawk fans.

Get a (Frank) grip. It's a short season, and you know what, a (Frank) 8 seed that shouldn't have even made the playoffs won the cup last year.

(Frank) breathe people.


(Frank)


I think it's the towel-boy's fault. If Schwartz was able to get the sweat out of his eyes more quickly we wouldn't have these problems. I think we should trade him.

Towel boy, second rounder and Perron for Malkin? They'll take that deal.
Official LGB Sponsor: Jake Allen
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4681
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby cardsfan04 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 am

Oaklandblue wrote:
theohall wrote:And to those who think Backes should not be a Captain and Stewart should, PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!!!!


Okay, honesty time: David Backes is a solid and tough hockey player and we should be proud to have him. He produces and may very well, with exception, be the best scorer we got. I'll give that to him.

But no one. No One. NO ONE. On this team takes David Backes seriously. And that's a fact.

He's been pretty much ignored by his team and Hitch as a Captain. If Hitch had respect for Backes, he'd back him up; he'd sit down Perron and Stew and he would create the atmosphere that is needed to win. That is well within Hitch's powers and he doesn't do it. What does that tell you?

Stewart being a Captain is ridiculous and satirical at best. Stew should play 5 minutes a game via special teams only. Only person you can blame for Stew playing as many minutes as he is, is Hitch.

Look closely, you'll see a pattern here.


I wish I had inside access like you, but I'm stuck watching the team from the TV and don't get inside the locker room to see what you see.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
cardsfan04
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2471
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby dmiles2186 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 am

Oaklandblue wrote:
theohall wrote:And to those who think Backes should not be a Captain and Stewart should, PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!!!!


But no one. No One. NO ONE. On this team takes David Backes seriously. And that's a fact.

He's been pretty much ignored by his team and Hitch as a Captain. If Hitch had respect for Backes, he'd back him up; he'd sit down Perron and Stew and he would create the atmosphere that is needed to win. That is well within Hitch's powers and he doesn't do it. What does that tell you?


These are both 'behind closed doors' things that none of us are privy too unless a player speaks out in an article or on TV about. How do we know that no one takes Backes seriously? And for that matter, how do we know that Hitch hasn't pulled Perron or Stew in to give them a verbal smackdown?

Like ss said, the hope that I cling to is that LA had similar struggles for a majority of the season last year. Right after the trade deadline, everything clicked and they steamrolled everyone. They were an 8 seed by the time the playoffs started, but their overall play had much improved.

The Blues have an opportunity to get back to basics. Maybe while they're in LA, they can find a rag tag bunch of roller hockey players to teach them the basics while having fun, all on a rooftop with some trash cans for goals. Just a thought. :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6099
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby cprice12 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:48 am

theohall wrote:Dear Chris Stewart,

As good as your offensive zone play can be, your defensive zone play sucks ass. 3 of the Kings 6 goals tonight were scored from the Kings LW position on the ice. Twice, YOU failed to actually cover that postion and once you skated so far from it, the defenseman couldn't even cover up for your crappy decision making. Learn to play a FULL game or get you ass off this friggin' team.

Thanks,
A Pissed Off fan.

And to those who think Backes should not be a Captain and Stewart should, PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!!!!

We bitched about Brewer being a Captain and doing nothing on the ice. Backes busts his ass on the ice and leads by example. Unfortunately, some think being popular and only playing offense are what matters. This is the f'in problem with this team and it manifests itself repeatedly whenever Stewart is in a defensive position. How often does anyone see Stewart below a faceoff dot in the defensive zone? I only remember twice this entire season. Now count the number of goals against when I see Stewart inside his own blueline with an attacker between the Blues goal and him?? Too f'in many. Get this numbnuts completely irresponsible defensive fool off this damn team. With anyone else on the RW when those 3 goals happened, odds are those three goals would not have happened, because the rest of the Blues RWs are RESPONSIBLE DEFENSIVELY!!!!! Result Blues likely don't lose 6-4 and probably win 4-2 or 4-3. Thanks Chris Stewart!!! YOU SUCK!!!!!!!

Sidenote - Dear Ken Hitchcock, NEVER put Stewart on the ice for a defensive zone faceoff. You are asking for a goal against in that situation.


I'm not against assigning blame when it is appropriate, but Stewart is not to blame for this loss by any means. He played a strong game last night.
Stewart was on the ice for 3 of the 4 Blues goals. He was on the ice for 2 Kings goals. He had a goal and an assist and was a +1 for the night.

The goal that made it 4-3 was Stewart's man, however, you can't blame him too much because Shattenkirk had the puck and was coming out of the zone. Stewart was going up the ice, expecting a pass or a rush up...but Shattenkirk commits a bad turnover inside the zone and the Kings turn it around and take it back in, and the eventual goal ended up going off of Sobotka's shoulder and in...the shot wasn't even on net. That goal was more flukey than anything...and if you want to blame someone, blame Shattenkirk for the bad turnover inside the blueline.

Muzzin's goal that tied it up at 4-4 from the left side...Stewart wasn't even on the ice for that. It looked to be Dags, Backes and Scwartz and they had JUST made a partial line change. Plus, it was a bad angle horrible goal to allow by Halak. You can't blame anyone except for Halak on that one.

The King's 5th goal, yeah, Stewart over pursued Muzzin a bit at the blueline and left Carter on the left side all alone. But to be fair, on that play, Carter is Berglund's responsibility based on how the Kings were rotating. Berglund needs to be there to cover that side while Stewart is out covering Muzzin who was moving towards the right wing with the puck. Berglund got sucked all the way over to the far side of the ice after the faceoff. Stewart has to stay with Muzzin otherwise he had a wide open lane to the slot. But with all of that said, it was a bad goal to give up by Halak anyway. He saw it all the way, it was from far enough out, and it was short side, and it was a wrist shot for Christ's sake. It wasn't a one timer off a pass. Halak had time to get set and come out to cut down the angle...he just missed it. Bad, bad goal to give up.

I'm not a huge Stewart fans by any means, but ripping him apart for last night's loss is way off base.

Halak allowed three really soft goals. Since it's popular to single out one guy for some reason, Halak is a much better choice to pin the loss on last night. He simply didn't stop the shots he should have.
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19575
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby cprice12 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:49 am

cardsfan04 wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:
theohall wrote:And to those who think Backes should not be a Captain and Stewart should, PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!!!!


Okay, honesty time: David Backes is a solid and tough hockey player and we should be proud to have him. He produces and may very well, with exception, be the best scorer we got. I'll give that to him.

But no one. No One. NO ONE. On this team takes David Backes seriously. And that's a fact.

He's been pretty much ignored by his team and Hitch as a Captain. If Hitch had respect for Backes, he'd back him up; he'd sit down Perron and Stew and he would create the atmosphere that is needed to win. That is well within Hitch's powers and he doesn't do it. What does that tell you?

Stewart being a Captain is ridiculous and satirical at best. Stew should play 5 minutes a game via special teams only. Only person you can blame for Stew playing as many minutes as he is, is Hitch.

Look closely, you'll see a pattern here.


I wish I had inside access like you, but I'm stuck watching the team from the TV and don't get inside the locker room to see what you see.


What he said.
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19575
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby sseagle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 am

cprice12 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:
theohall wrote:And to those who think Backes should not be a Captain and Stewart should, PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!!!!


Okay, honesty time: David Backes is a solid and tough hockey player and we should be proud to have him. He produces and may very well, with exception, be the best scorer we got. I'll give that to him.

But no one. No One. NO ONE. On this team takes David Backes seriously. And that's a fact.

He's been pretty much ignored by his team and Hitch as a Captain. If Hitch had respect for Backes, he'd back him up; he'd sit down Perron and Stew and he would create the atmosphere that is needed to win. That is well within Hitch's powers and he doesn't do it. What does that tell you?

Stewart being a Captain is ridiculous and satirical at best. Stew should play 5 minutes a game via special teams only. Only person you can blame for Stew playing as many minutes as he is, is Hitch.

Look closely, you'll see a pattern here.


I wish I had inside access like you, but I'm stuck watching the team from the TV and don't get inside the locker room to see what you see.


What he said.


Says the rich, connected, proprietor of letsgoblues.com
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby Nyghtewynd » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:19 am

sseagle wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:
sseagle wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:5-4. Fire Hitchcock.


So the players can quit on the next coach?

They quit on Murray
They quit on Payne


So your solution is to rebuild. Because that's what you're saying. Trade Oshie, Perron, and Stewart, and wait another three years. Are you willing to do that?


What (Frank) miracle worker coach are you bringing in?
This board disgusts me, you are a bunch of crying chicken little pansies.

Ok we aren't playing lights out, guess what, we are blues fans, it's part of the (Frank) deal.



(Frank)


So I guess you deserved that black eye. There's been a lot of stress at work lately, after all.

Blues fans are certainly loyal. They accept subpar coaching, subpar players, millions under the salary cap, and everyone just whines as if it's something they deserve. We make gods out of the GM, the coaching staff, the random players who wink in the fans' direction, and they don't produce. It's time that someone starts paying. Is it fair? Not really...the player culture in the organization seems to be toxic, and I'd be starting with a couple of the fan favorites along with the coach. But the coach needs to go as well.

The common thread with all of these coaches that got fired is that they were stop-gap, average-at-best coaches. Kitchen and Payne were one-and-done head coaches, so it's not like they fired a legend in the making or something, and Hitch got fired by COLUMBUS, yet was good enough for St. Louis. He hadn't done a thing since 2004.

The two most famous moments in Blues' history:
1. A picture taken in a playoff loss.
2. A game six win where the team promptly lost game 7.
QED.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.
User avatar
Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 4506
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby dmiles2186 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 am

Nyghtewynd wrote:
sseagle wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:
sseagle wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:5-4. Fire Hitchcock.


So the players can quit on the next coach?

They quit on Murray
They quit on Payne


So your solution is to rebuild. Because that's what you're saying. Trade Oshie, Perron, and Stewart, and wait another three years. Are you willing to do that?


What (Frank) miracle worker coach are you bringing in?
This board disgusts me, you are a bunch of crying chicken little pansies.

Ok we aren't playing lights out, guess what, we are blues fans, it's part of the (Frank) deal.



(Frank)


The common thread with all of these coaches that got fired is that they were stop-gap, average-at-best coaches. Kitchen and Payne were one-and-done head coaches, so it's not like they fired a legend in the making or something, and Hitch got fired by COLUMBUS, yet was good enough for St. Louis. He hadn't done a thing since 2004.


You are right, Hitch has done nothing since 2004. Except taking Columbus to their first and only playoff appearance. Oh, and leading the Blues to 109 points, their first playoff series win in 10 years, and a Jack Adams award.

Yup, nothing.
Image
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6099
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby cardsfan04 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:50 am

I guess it's possible that Hitch is the problem. And, he certainly doesn't have a lifetime pass after winning the Jack Adams. But, what I don't get is how quickly people are calling for his job and the reasons given.

I'd like to think winning the Jack Adams gives you more than 22 games before going on the hot seat. Hell, if you take the 7 game start out of the picture, it's only been a 15 game rough stretch. I think a little patience is in order.

What I really don't get is the reasons given about his past. Who cares what Columbus did? They aren't exactly known for making the best hockey decisions. Even if they were, getting fired is the nature of the industry. Everybody knows that. Good coaches get fired all the time, often just to try to change things up. Hell, we fired Quenneville, and he's a great coach.

What's far more relevant than the perceived irrelevance of Hitchcock before joining the Blues is the job he has done for the Blues. This past month has been rough, but he deserves the chance to right the ship.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
cardsfan04
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2471
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby APOD » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:53 am

This thread has turned into a line brawl.....anyone want to scrum :o
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald
User avatar
APOD
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Location: Lebanon, MO

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby Shanahan19 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:10 am

I often wonder if Backes does stand up in the locker room. I assume he does but I don't know. He does work but it just seems un-natural for him to be the Captain. Not our biggest issue by far.

Perron and Stewart MUST be traded. It's about them, not the team. Stewart's best moments are when he is serving a bench penalty. It's 2 min I can relax a bit during a game. And Perron yapping at the refs and trying to get through five players when he is no Datsyuk is just wasting time.

I know the LA comparison is thrown around, but look at LA's roster compared to the Note. LA also added a tough SOB of a coach and an All-Star forward during that season that righted course and they managed to get into the playoffs.

The Blues feel more like a typical Montreal year. Good start, hit some rapids and fall off. Hopefully, I am wrong.
"Shanahan beating up on a Winnipeg player..." - Ken Wilson April 14, 1994
User avatar
Shanahan19
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Wildwood, Missouri

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby sseagle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:20 am

APOD wrote:This thread has turned into a line brawl.....anyone want to scrum :o


I just dropped my gloves, come and get it!

Also (Frank)!
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby sseagle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:00 pm

sseagle wrote:
APOD wrote:This thread has turned into a line brawl.....anyone want to scrum :o


I just dropped my gloves, come and get it!

Also (Frank)!


APOD is running away like tootoo, I guess I'm going to the box for a four minute "kick ass" penalty!
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby Oaklandblue » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm

cprice12 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:
theohall wrote:And to those who think Backes should not be a Captain and Stewart should, PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!!!!


Okay, honesty time: David Backes is a solid and tough hockey player and we should be proud to have him. He produces and may very well, with exception, be the best scorer we got. I'll give that to him.

But no one. No One. NO ONE. On this team takes David Backes seriously. And that's a fact.

He's been pretty much ignored by his team and Hitch as a Captain. If Hitch had respect for Backes, he'd back him up; he'd sit down Perron and Stew and he would create the atmosphere that is needed to win. That is well within Hitch's powers and he doesn't do it. What does that tell you?

Stewart being a Captain is ridiculous and satirical at best. Stew should play 5 minutes a game via special teams only. Only person you can blame for Stew playing as many minutes as he is, is Hitch.

Look closely, you'll see a pattern here.


I wish I had inside access like you, but I'm stuck watching the team from the TV and don't get inside the locker room to see what you see.


What he said.


This isn't rocket science. If Hitch was standing up for his Captain, you'd have people like Perron riding the pine and you'd bag skate the team until they got it right. This is hockey, you don't just yell at someone and leave it at that and you don't play psychologist taking the route of least resistance, which is what Hitch has been doing. It's almost as if the front office is afraid to do anything with this team and discipline, or am I missing that too?

It has been stated numerous times that Chris Stewart is a very popular presence in the lockerroom. That could possibly be totally false information, I will admit, and this is something that I used for speculation.

Backes is a hard player, he does contribute and he is out there putting in work, that has never been the question. The question is and has been, is David Backes leading?

And I think that's a fair question to ask of the guy with the C on his chest and the team who just blew a how many goal lead last night and have dropped how many games out of their last six?
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!
Oaklandblue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: GDT #21: 3/5/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby cardsfan04 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Oaklandblue wrote:This isn't rocket science. If Hitch was standing up for his Captain, you'd have people like Perron riding the pine and you'd bag skate the team until they got it right. This is hockey, you don't just yell at someone and leave it at that and you don't play psychologist taking the route of least resistance, which is what Hitch has been doing. It's almost as if the front office is afraid to do anything with this team and discipline, or am I missing that too?

It has been stated numerous times that Chris Stewart is a very popular presence in the lockerroom. That could possibly be totally false information, I will admit, and this is something that I used for speculation.

Backes is a hard player, he does contribute and he is out there putting in work, that has never been the question. The question is and has been, is David Backes leading?

And I think that's a fair question to ask of the guy with the C on his chest and the team who just blew a how many goal lead last night and have dropped how many games out of their last six?


I think it's a fair question to ask for sure. I just don't think any of us can answer it with any credibility.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
cardsfan04
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2471
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am

PreviousNext

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests