GDT Game 2: 5/2/13 > Blues vs Kings > 8:30 PM > FSMW/CNBC

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

tjk002
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: GDT Game 2: 5/2/13 > Blues vs Kings > 8:30 PM > FSMW/CNB

Post by tjk002 »

APOD wrote:
DaDitka wrote:Got the first line rocking, got the 4th line rocking, the Bergie, DP, Oshie line was arguably our best last night....

Now what the hell about the 10,17,25 line? 10 and 25 were almost invisible last night.

If we can get that line playing at the level of the other three, we have a real shot at this thing (and no, I'm not talking about this series).

I thought 21, 46, and 57 played with that 'edge' that they don't consistently bring night in and night out.....gotta find a way to bring that every night.
The Good

57- Still has me confused, he is a different player than we have seen in past seasons. Forget the scoring lets just pester the goalie and bully the other team, I'm saying this is bad he still got the puck deep last night a few times and I don't think he stoped moving his feet all night, but this is a different perron this year being more physical and ect. Him and quick are cracking me up though he has made a good pest these two games.

42- What can I say about the guy, he wont take any shit thats for sure :lol:

74- Other than the few times not be able to keep standing this is the oshie we all love. Battled with the puck all night had a good hit or two as well.

9- (Frank) little pick pocket lol he looks great out there, totally got robbed last night what a awesome chance

21- 3 goals in his past 5 games :okman:

46- I think polak has really stepped up these past to games, he looks really good out there.

4th line 2nd and 3rd period- Not sure were you were first period but thanks for showing back up in the 2nd and 3rd.

THE BAD

25- WTF you have played great all year why start doing this now

17- mishandled the puck all night long hope you get whatever bullshit is in your system out and start grooving with your line.

PP- We need to find a way to get it in the net or at least keep it in there zone for starters.
Well you didn't notice the 4th line in the first period because we were always playing short handed.

I don't think Stewart is playing awful. I think he's trying hard to remain composed and not take stupid penalties and its affected his physical game. Now he's just got to find the happy medium.

The person who I think is struggling (although I've been drinking at every game) is AMac.

I take back what I said in Feb about Schwarz being an inbetween player. Guy has been great, but I've got this feeling that with Backes out there hitting when he can its opening up space for 9. But to his credit, he's taking advantage of that space.

If you were going to make a change (don't see how you can while up 2-0) I'd sit AMac and Play Tank. But I think Hitch is worried about Tank having his head down in the playoffs and getting smoked and ruining his career with this 2nd concussion in his first year.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I didn't see this last night. Could this be the injury Quick sustained in warmups? Looks closely. More closelier.

He's getting hit in the bag.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

dmiles2186 wrote:I didn't see this last night. Could this be the injury Quick sustained in warmups? Looks closely. More closelier.

Ahh I see now, lol funny how no one else picked up on it.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

northwest dave wrote:Blues can't replace Stewart...they need him to get going. His speed and size will make a difference.

Disappointed in Sobotka, although he did take a hit and made the play leading up the game winner.

I thought Amac had some flashes, but just couldn't sustain it. Not sure I would change the lineup, but maybe at times mix the Backes and Amac lines.
Stewart's speed and size only make a difference when Stewart actually uses his size. He has not been using his size almost the entire month of April and now two games into the playoffs. He actually skated away from opportunities to lay Kings players out at least twice last night and after both opportunities, the Kings wound up with scoring chances. If Stewart is not going to use his size, hit people, and actually work in the defensive zone - not just waving his stick at the puck as the Kings player skates to the net - he needs to sit. Boats and Tarasenko actually have chemistry. No one on this team has chemistry with Stewart because of his consistently lackadaisacal play. That same lackadaisacal play forces whomever is the Center on his line - in this case, Boats - to work that much harder in the defensive zone, because Stewie is not going to come back and hit someone or switch with a d-man to make a defensive zone play. Stewart is no Brett Hull who could get away with not playing defense.

If anyone re-watches the past two games - count how many times the Kings get scoring chances and look who is on the ice for most of them. It's astonishing how often Stewart is one of those guys. I'm not surprised by it, because no one seems to want to pay attention to how little work Stewart actually does on the ice.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

dmiles2186 wrote:I didn't see this last night. Could this be the injury Quick sustained in warmups? Looks closely. More closelier.

Ouch :shock:
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

He's getting hit in the vag.
Fixed.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

For some of you, if there's anything at all to complain about you'll do it.

Geez. We won the game, enjoy life a little bit.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

Just calling it as I see it, not at all complaining about the win(s) but if those little things improved just a bit we wouldn't be on edge every game.
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

I was bored so I went to the Kings forum, and looked at when they gave up the 2nd goal. It just cracks me up.
You can tell these a lot of them haven't watched a playoff series ever before last year.
Just to pick out one:
Quick is a liability and needs to be traded.
:facepalm:
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

STLADOGG wrote:I was bored so I went to the Kings forum, and looked at when they gave up the 2nd goal. It just cracks me up.
You can tell these a lot of them haven't watched a playoff series ever before last year.
Just to pick out one:
Quick is a liability and needs to be traded.
:facepalm:
I think some people on here were saying that about our goalies this year :facepalm:

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

APOD wrote:Just calling it as I see it, not at all complaining about the win(s) but if those little things improved just a bit we wouldn't be on edge every game.
Exactly.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season