Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby Kreegz2 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Of course the NHL department of public image is going to suspend a no-name for a hit that took out a star player. Of course they will not even review the blatant attempt to injure by a star player in a big name market. The department has been a transparent joke since day one and has honestly done the league more harm than good.

If I ever end up in NYC in the near future, I am taking my Shanahan jersey with me and burning it outside the league office. Stop (Frank) with our sport.
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes
User avatar
Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1084
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:52 pm
Location: Tampa FL

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby sseagle » Fri May 03, 2013 2:14 pm

What a horseshit suspension!
Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby STLADOGG » Fri May 03, 2013 2:37 pm

dmiles2186 wrote:Bob McKenzie is saying Gryba gets a 2 game suspension.

:facepalm: :doh: Has to be a joke.
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Roman Polak
TW Tiger Woods TW
User avatar
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby APOD » Fri May 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Just watched player safteys explanation......WOW is all I can say. Lars had his head down and the head was not a target what bullshit.
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald
User avatar
APOD
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Location: Lebanon, MO

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby sseagle » Fri May 03, 2013 5:19 pm

APOD wrote:Just watched player safteys explanation......WOW is all I can say. Lars had his head down and the head was not a target what bullshit.



Taking an incorrect route... I've scoured the rulebook, where is this rule and list of penalties for violating this rule?
Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby APOD » Sat May 04, 2013 8:57 am

FYI both goalies have now lost a tooth each in this series.
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald
User avatar
APOD
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Location: Lebanon, MO

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby sseagle » Sat May 04, 2013 12:04 pm

APOD wrote:FYI both goalies have now lost a tooth each in this series.


Imagine how damaged they would be if either of them was playing against a good team.
Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby APOD » Sat May 04, 2013 12:40 pm

sseagle wrote:
APOD wrote:FYI both goalies have now lost a tooth each in this series.


Imagine how damaged they would be if either of them was playing against a good team.


ROFl just made me spit my soda everywhere lol
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald
User avatar
APOD
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Location: Lebanon, MO

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby sseagle » Sat May 04, 2013 12:47 pm

APOD wrote:
sseagle wrote:
APOD wrote:FYI both goalies have now lost a tooth each in this series.


Imagine how damaged they would be if either of them was playing against a good team.


ROFl just made me spit my soda everywhere lol


sorry dude :(
Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby sseagle » Sun May 05, 2013 7:21 pm

SHIT
JUST
GOT
REAL


LINE BRAWL!!!!
Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby sseagle » Sun May 05, 2013 7:27 pm

07:00 OTT K. Turris (1) Wrist - ASST: D. Alfredsson (2) AND E. Karlsson (3) 4 - 1 OTT

07:04 OTT Jared Cowen : Fighting - 5 min (Ryan White)
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Fighting - 5 min (Jared Cowen)
07:04 MTL Francis Bouillon : Fighting - 5 min (Zack Smith)
07:04 OTT Zack Smith : Fighting - 5 min (Francis Bouillon)
07:04 OTT Chris Neil : Fighting - 5 min (Travis Moen)
07:04 MTL Travis Moen : Fighting - 5 min (Chris Neil)
07:04 OTT Chris Phillips : Fighting - 5 min (Jarred Tinordi)
07:04 MTL Jarred Tinordi : Fighting - 5 min (Chris Phillips)
07:04 OTT Matt Kassian : Fighting - 5 min (Colby Armstrong)
07:04 MTL Colby Armstrong : Fighting - 5 min (Matt Kassian)
07:04 MTL Ryan White served by Michael Ryder : Slashing - 2 min (Zack Smith)
07:04 MTL Francis Bouillon : Game misconduct - 10 min
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Misconduct - 10 min

And Ottawa makes it 5-1 on the ensuing PP
07:08 OTT PPG - J. Silfverberg (2) Wrist - ASST: M. Michalek (1) AND M. Zibanejad (3) 5 - 1 OTT

THEN
08:31 MTL Rene Bourque : Roughing - 2 min (Cory Conacher)
08:31 OTT Cory Conacher : Roughing - 2 min (Rene Bourque)
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Instigator - 2 min (Kyle Turris)
08:31 OTT Kyle Turris : Hooking - 2 min (P.K. Subban)
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Fighting - 5 min
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Game misconduct - 10 min
08:43 MTL Brandon Prust : Roughing - 2 min (Jakob Silfverberg)

The Sens have 10 players left, plus goalies
The Habs have 8 players left, plus goalies

10:31 OTT Jean-Gabriel Pageau : Roughing - 2 min (Tomas Plekanec)
10:31 MTL Tomas Plekanec : Roughing - 2 min (Jean-Gabriel Pageau)
12:48 OTT Cory Conacher : Cross checking - 2 min (Josh Gorges)
16:58 MTL Brandon Prust : Elbowing - 2 min (Cory Conacher)
16:58 MTL Brendan Gallagher : Fighting - 5 min (Cory Conacher)
16:58 OTT Cory Conacher : Fighting - 5 min (Brendan Gallagher)
19:42 MTL Rene Bourque : Cross checking - 2 min (Kyle Turris)
19:42 MTL Rene Bourque : Slashing - 2 min (Kyle Turris)
Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby theohall » Sun May 05, 2013 9:46 pm

sseagle wrote:07:00 OTT K. Turris (1) Wrist - ASST: D. Alfredsson (2) AND E. Karlsson (3) 4 - 1 OTT

07:04 OTT Jared Cowen : Fighting - 5 min (Ryan White)
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Fighting - 5 min (Jared Cowen)
07:04 MTL Francis Bouillon : Fighting - 5 min (Zack Smith)
07:04 OTT Zack Smith : Fighting - 5 min (Francis Bouillon)
07:04 OTT Chris Neil : Fighting - 5 min (Travis Moen)
07:04 MTL Travis Moen : Fighting - 5 min (Chris Neil)
07:04 OTT Chris Phillips : Fighting - 5 min (Jarred Tinordi)
07:04 MTL Jarred Tinordi : Fighting - 5 min (Chris Phillips)
07:04 OTT Matt Kassian : Fighting - 5 min (Colby Armstrong)
07:04 MTL Colby Armstrong : Fighting - 5 min (Matt Kassian)
07:04 MTL Ryan White served by Michael Ryder : Slashing - 2 min (Zack Smith)
07:04 MTL Francis Bouillon : Game misconduct - 10 min
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Misconduct - 10 min

And Ottawa makes it 5-1 on the ensuing PP
07:08 OTT PPG - J. Silfverberg (2) Wrist - ASST: M. Michalek (1) AND M. Zibanejad (3) 5 - 1 OTT

THEN
08:31 MTL Rene Bourque : Roughing - 2 min (Cory Conacher)
08:31 OTT Cory Conacher : Roughing - 2 min (Rene Bourque)
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Instigator - 2 min (Kyle Turris)
08:31 OTT Kyle Turris : Hooking - 2 min (P.K. Subban)
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Fighting - 5 min
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Game misconduct - 10 min
08:43 MTL Brandon Prust : Roughing - 2 min (Jakob Silfverberg)

The Sens have 10 players left, plus goalies
The Habs have 8 players left, plus goalies

10:31 OTT Jean-Gabriel Pageau : Roughing - 2 min (Tomas Plekanec)
10:31 MTL Tomas Plekanec : Roughing - 2 min (Jean-Gabriel Pageau)
12:48 OTT Cory Conacher : Cross checking - 2 min (Josh Gorges)
16:58 MTL Brandon Prust : Elbowing - 2 min (Cory Conacher)
16:58 MTL Brendan Gallagher : Fighting - 5 min (Cory Conacher)
16:58 OTT Cory Conacher : Fighting - 5 min (Brendan Gallagher)
19:42 MTL Rene Bourque : Cross checking - 2 min (Kyle Turris)
19:42 MTL Rene Bourque : Slashing - 2 min (Kyle Turris)


Holy crap. I am gonna have to watch that one.
(FRANK) the Kings!!!!
User avatar
theohall
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3653
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby abc789987 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:51 am

Image
Dirty.
...
abc789987
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Location: Indiana?

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby WaukeeBlues » Mon May 06, 2013 1:54 pm

sseagle wrote:07:00 OTT K. Turris (1) Wrist - ASST: D. Alfredsson (2) AND E. Karlsson (3) 4 - 1 OTT

07:04 OTT Jared Cowen : Fighting - 5 min (Ryan White)
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Fighting - 5 min (Jared Cowen)
07:04 MTL Francis Bouillon : Fighting - 5 min (Zack Smith)
07:04 OTT Zack Smith : Fighting - 5 min (Francis Bouillon)
07:04 OTT Chris Neil : Fighting - 5 min (Travis Moen)
07:04 MTL Travis Moen : Fighting - 5 min (Chris Neil)
07:04 OTT Chris Phillips : Fighting - 5 min (Jarred Tinordi)
07:04 MTL Jarred Tinordi : Fighting - 5 min (Chris Phillips)
07:04 OTT Matt Kassian : Fighting - 5 min (Colby Armstrong)
07:04 MTL Colby Armstrong : Fighting - 5 min (Matt Kassian)
07:04 MTL Ryan White served by Michael Ryder : Slashing - 2 min (Zack Smith)
07:04 MTL Francis Bouillon : Game misconduct - 10 min
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Misconduct - 10 min

And Ottawa makes it 5-1 on the ensuing PP
07:08 OTT PPG - J. Silfverberg (2) Wrist - ASST: M. Michalek (1) AND M. Zibanejad (3) 5 - 1 OTT

THEN
08:31 MTL Rene Bourque : Roughing - 2 min (Cory Conacher)
08:31 OTT Cory Conacher : Roughing - 2 min (Rene Bourque)
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Instigator - 2 min (Kyle Turris)
08:31 OTT Kyle Turris : Hooking - 2 min (P.K. Subban)
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Fighting - 5 min
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Game misconduct - 10 min
08:43 MTL Brandon Prust : Roughing - 2 min (Jakob Silfverberg)

The Sens have 10 players left, plus goalies
The Habs have 8 players left, plus goalies

10:31 OTT Jean-Gabriel Pageau : Roughing - 2 min (Tomas Plekanec)
10:31 MTL Tomas Plekanec : Roughing - 2 min (Jean-Gabriel Pageau)
12:48 OTT Cory Conacher : Cross checking - 2 min (Josh Gorges)
16:58 MTL Brandon Prust : Elbowing - 2 min (Cory Conacher)
16:58 MTL Brendan Gallagher : Fighting - 5 min (Cory Conacher)
16:58 OTT Cory Conacher : Fighting - 5 min (Brendan Gallagher)
19:42 MTL Rene Bourque : Cross checking - 2 min (Kyle Turris)
19:42 MTL Rene Bourque : Slashing - 2 min (Kyle Turris)


Don't know if I've ever seen that in a playoff game. Awesome.

And yea, I'm just going to echo everyone else's sentiments on here about the 2 game suspension: total horsesh*t. On NHL Sports, Roenick got about as close as an announcer can get on TV to ripping Shanahan a new one, he was PISSED. And quite honestly: good. There's no measurable indicators for players to judge their conduct by and a guy can draw a suspension (or a concussion) by skating around with their head down and neck out like a damn giraffe.

And BTW since I'm on this rant, since WHEN does the fact that a guy has his head down penalize the OPPOSING player for finishing his hit? It's not only the NHL but NFL too. If a guy wants to cut across the middle of the ice/field with their head down full steam ahead... you're gonna get whacked. Unless we forbid checking and tackling since it's too detrimental to health now.
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4665
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Series Thread: #2 Canadiens vs. #7 Senators--Rd 1

Postby sseagle » Tue May 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Habs are done..

Leading in the third and getting drilled and bounced in OT..

Sens up 3 games to 1
Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests