GDT Game 5: 5/8/13 > Blues vs. Kings > 8:00 PM > FSMW/NHLN

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT Game 5: 5/8/13 > Blues vs. Kings > 8:00 PM > FSMW/NH

Post by dmiles2186 »

18tonytwist wrote:We COULD have a couple of finishers, but the front office is not willing to open the wallet to get any.
With the front office just trying to make the team financially stable, I'm not sure there is a wallet to open any time soon.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

18tonytwist
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by 18tonytwist »

We have our answer.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

18tonytwist wrote:We COULD have a couple of finishers, but the front office is not willing to open the wallet to get any.
They opened it a bit... and got more d-men.

:notenough:

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

In the beginning, when we got JayBo and Leopold, I sat there and thought to myself 'Two D-Men? Two?! We need a scorer, NOT two D-Men!

Well, guess what? The truth is we really need THREE or FOUR more D-Men and the help we're getting from our D and Ells has been the Why to Why have we been able to hang in there so long and lose by ONLY one goal. Mind this is the same LA Kings team that swept us last year like we were nothing. I still say dress Russell, go 7 D strong and run down the Kings because the name of their game is physicality and we're not a team that's traditionally been well known for that. If we wanted scoring, Tarasenko needs to play 60 minutes. Whatever happened to Ty Rattie or are we still grooming him? I'd throw everything we have at the fan called Quick and see what happens. Quick's been phenoninal but we've had too many chances and found too many holes in his game not to capitalize and the why isn't having the wrong players out there or skill or any of that, it's been because we've been too busy trying to catch our breath.

I'm an optimist in this and I'm praying for a Friday Night Miracle. Go Blues!
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Oaklandblue wrote:In the beginning, when we got JayBo and Leopold, I sat there and thought to myself 'Two D-Men? Two?! We need a scorer, NOT two D-Men!

Well, guess what? The truth is we really need THREE or FOUR more D-Men and the help we're getting from our D and Ells has been the Why to Why have we been able to hang in there so long and lose by ONLY one goal. Mind this is the same LA Kings team that swept us last year like we were nothing. I still say dress Russell, go 7 D strong and run down the Kings because the name of their game is physicality and we're not a team that's traditionally been well known for that. If we wanted scoring, Tarasenko needs to play 60 minutes. Whatever happened to Ty Rattie or are we still grooming him? I'd throw everything we have at the fan called Quick and see what happens. Quick's been phenoninal but we've had too many chances and found too many holes in his game not to capitalize and the why isn't having the wrong players out there or skill or any of that, it's been because we've been too busy trying to catch our breath.

I'm an optimist in this and I'm praying for a Friday Night Miracle. Go Blues!
Rattie is playing in the Finals for the Portland Winterhawks and has been awesome in their playoff run.

And I am praying for a Blues blowout win, so the Blues don't need a miracle.

Right now, Hitch is being out-coached on player personnel decisions in-game. Use all 4 lines or watch the Kings win late in the 3rd or in IT.

To other posters:
Finisher - Isn't Stewart supposed to be a finisher? If he is not finishing, why is he even playing? He doesn't do anything else.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Schwartz's exit from the ice after game 5.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

abc789987 wrote:Schwartz's exit from the ice after game 5.
funny. Those composite sticks break all the time except when you want them to. Hope the team comes out full of piss and vinegar.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

I personally love it. Show me that anger and emotion, it shows you care and are pissed off. I would be too!!
Andy McDonald is just too small for this series.
Have had the same thought several, several times. Both he and Perron have had tough series. They just have no space to do anything or utilize their speed.

And to the "finisher" point: Jeff Carter. Making us look like scrubs at several points in this series. There you go.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
I personally love it. Show me that anger and emotion, it shows you care and are pissed off. I would be too!!
:okman: For sure, This kid impresses me so much.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

If he would have done that to Voynov, we might still be playing Game 5. :mrgreen:

JOKES!

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

I think Ty Rattie might become the Blues finisher. Too bad he isn't here now. He tied the record for most ever playoff goals (career) in the WHL with 47 during Game 3 of their current Finals. They lead 3 games to 1 with game 5 tonight. Whenever Portland finishes off Edmonton, Rattie will be named MVP of the WHL playoffs.

Rattie's playoff stats
2013: 19 GP 17 G 16 A +11 5 PPG 2 SHG
2012: 21 GP 19 G 14 A +10 7 PPG 1 SHG
2011: 21 GP 9 G 13 A +11 1 PPG
2010: 13 GP 2 G 2 A +3

That's the kind of consistency which usually translates well to the next level.

Stewart can go. We have the replacement. At least Perron is trying and busting his butt trying to make something happen vs the Kings. Andy Mac is trying and busting his butt trying to make something happen. Honestly, how many of you can say you have seen Stewart do any work in the playoffs other than quickly moving a pass that he didn't have to do any work to set up. Heck, all he does is get rid of the puck as quick as he can to avoid getting hit. I have never seen a player as big as Stewart ever work so hard to avoid hitting or being hit. He works harder at that than actually trying to score or setup other players to score or keep pucks or cycle or anything else. That lack of effort KILLS the offensive zone pressure this team needs to wear down the Kings D and it happens on a line that gets considerably more ice time than the 4th line which actually generates scoring chances and does wear down the Kings D. I understand now why Colorado traded Stewart. That trade was Shatty for Johnson and Stewart for McClement - that is how little respect the Avs management had for Stewart's game. I completely get it now. Stewart would be a perfect Swedish Elite League player.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season