Lets fire erryone and hire a gigantic asshole!!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Lets fire erryone and hire a gigantic asshole!!

Post by Oaklandblue »

Why is it that, while I am sitting here and reading through comments, that I keep thinking to myself that Lindy Ruff is available.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Lets fire erryone and hire a gigantic asshole!!

Post by theohall »

glen a richter wrote:Oh I have no doubt that if Perron and Stewart were playing in a different system they'd score with incredible consistency. Backes maybe Backes, he's proven he can score on this team and just had an off year. The difference is Backes is a guy who will crash the net and score the shit goals, kind of like Walt. Stewart is a pansy and Perron is a figure skating douche who will score some highlight reel goals but not with the frequency we need him to, AND not get back on defense when necessary. The best thing for both of them (Perron and Stewart) is to play somewhere else. Or, get a new coach with a hybrid style, as you mention, and watch them light up the scoreboard nightly. We have the personnel to score goals, but we don't have the system to score goals, so it's either stick with Hitch and win low scoring games with regularity, or sack Hitch and hope his replacement puts in a viable system that we can score, not give up too many goals and win games when we need to win games. I just think adding anyone who's supposed to be a pure scorer will not help this team one bit. He'll cost too much in terms of money and/or prospects, prevent the team from re-signing the players who need to be re-signed (Pie, Shatty) and set this team back. Again, we have the personnel, we just don't have the system. The way they're situated now, I just see more of the same. Good regular season, short visit to the playoffs, excessively long off-season. Adding a prolific goalscorer won't change that.
I doubt Stewart does crap anywhere. Every team today expects forwards to actually play defense. Stewart flat out does not. At least Perron works in the defensive zone vice standing between the top of the circle and the blueline watching the D-man and Center getting crushed in the corner while doing nothing. This happened way too often for my comfort. I would be ecstatic if someone offered Stewart an RFA contract, the Blues let him go for whatever picks, and the Blues replaced him with Jaskin/Rattie - since Tarasenko will be taking AMAc's spot.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season