GDT #31: 12/14/13 > Blues @ BJ's > 6:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT #31: 12/14/13 > Blues @ BJ's > 6:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Post by glen a richter »

ComradeT wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Since Stewart had a fairly major role in getting these 2 points, are we rolling in the general direction of heaping (unwarranted) praise on him, or do we still all agree he's a lazy slug who only plays hard when the mood strikes and that he still needs to go?
I don't think anyone here is ready to make any long-term forward-looking statements just based on two good games he has Putin. I think we are just excited about the fact that he got points, and that those points actually mattered and weren't like a fifth blues goal in a 5-0 win. Maybe the line is clicking a bit, maybe Stewart is picking the pace up, who knows. He did well. Pat on the back. Move on.
He has Putin? Image Truth be told, I'd rather have Putin on this team than Stewart.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

Way I look at it, all Stewart is doing is adding value to himself so we can trade him for someone or someones more reliable. Two fourth liners right now would equate to the value of a Chris Stewart, but saying that, frankly, I don't care if he's awesome or sucks as long as we win and as long as he's not the main or a majorly contributing culprit (and let's be honest, he has been), when we lose. Everything else is just nonsense at this point, including that stupid article; Halak kept us in the fight but he gets absolutely no mention and if I had to give an award to He Who Turned The Tide, it'd go to those two Tarasenko goals, those got us roaring, not a Stewart fight, which feels like it's becoming an every game kind of deal, along with him dumping pucks. But we won, so screw the BJs.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

glen a richter wrote:
ComradeT wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Since Stewart had a fairly major role in getting these 2 points, are we rolling in the general direction of heaping (unwarranted) praise on him, or do we still all agree he's a lazy slug who only plays hard when the mood strikes and that he still needs to go?
I don't think anyone here is ready to make any long-term forward-looking statements just based on two good games he has Putin. I think we are just excited about the fact that he got points, and that those points actually mattered and weren't like a fifth blues goal in a 5-0 win. Maybe the line is clicking a bit, maybe Stewart is picking the pace up, who knows. He did well. Pat on the back. Move on.
He has Putin? Image Truth be told, I'd rather have Putin on this team than Stewart.
My soviet spell checker must have been turned on, Glen. :mrgreen:
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

It is worth mentioning that in spite of still looking pretty lazy and shitty, Stewart is a +5 this season (he was a 0 last year, even with his 36 points).

That was a very clutch goal. Maybe that awesome feeling will help cement the muscle memory of actually playing hard. I'm tired of reading articles about what it is Stewart is doing this day/week/month to turn his game around.