OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!

Post by gaijin »

[youtube][/youtube]

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

gaijin wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
OK, now what did I do wrong?

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

This whole thing with TJ Oshie feels like we're a fan of this little indie band that could for years, then they have one hit and now everyone is talking about them. It's cool but at the same time, we were there first. :mrgreen:

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/today- ... ocid=yahoo

Mama Oshie certainly talks... a lot.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

gaijin wrote:
gaijin wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
OK, now what did I do wrong?
FTFY. When you link embedded videos, there's an extra bit "&feature=youtu.be" that [youtube] tags don't know how to interpret.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

glen a richter wrote:http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/today- ... ocid=yahoo

Mama Oshie certainly talks... a lot.
Haha! She's got that small-town personality for sure. You're just used to those grumbly, impatient, East coasters. :wink:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Pepper your Angus Canada. The us broads are coming to rock your shit for the gold medal. Then they will dance with your dates.
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Czech Republic vs. Slovakia was intense. Old(er) guys won, with Slovaks playing a KHL backup in goal instead of Halak or Budai (cue in a passionate "trade-for-Ryan-Miller-now" rant).

Russia and US have the toughest opponents ahead of them. As uninspiring Canada looks, I don't think they'll have a problem vs. Latvia, and Slovenia are not match for Bumps/Steener and Co. Finns and Czechs though are a different story.

Also, if I understand the bracket correctly (highest place plays lowest place), if all goes as planned (i.e., US, Russia, Sweden and Canada win), US will play Sweden and Russia will play Canada in semi's and there's a possibility of a US vs. Russia re-match in the final.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

ComradeT wrote:Czech Republic vs. Slovakia was intense. Old(er) guys won, with Slovaks playing a KHL backup in goal instead of Halak or Budai (cue in a passionate "trade-for-Ryan-Miller-now" rant).

Russia and US have the toughest opponents ahead of them. As uninspiring Canada looks, I don't think they'll have a problem vs. Latvia, and Slovenia are not match for Bumps/Steener and Co. Finns and Czechs though are a different story.

Also, if I understand the bracket correctly (highest place plays lowest place), if all goes as planned (i.e., US, Russia, Sweden and Canada win), US will play Sweden and Russia will play Canada in semi's and there's a possibility of a US vs. Russia re-match in the final.
Uh, no its a straight bracket, if we play Canada it would be the game to get us to the gold medal game.. it sucks

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Here, its just a tournament now.

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

sseagle wrote:
ComradeT wrote:Czech Republic vs. Slovakia was intense. Old(er) guys won, with Slovaks playing a KHL backup in goal instead of Halak or Budai (cue in a passionate "trade-for-Ryan-Miller-now" rant).

Uh, no its a straight bracket, if we play Canada it would be the game to get us to the gold medal game.. it sucks
True that. Good luck to Team Oshie and Team Vladi.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

ComradeT wrote:
sseagle wrote:

Out of the 5 teams that actually have a chance.. there is a Blue on each of those teams..

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

sseagle wrote:
ComradeT wrote:
sseagle wrote:

Out of the 5 teams that actually have a chance.. there is a Blue on each of those teams..
Assuming Finland is one of these 5, which Blue plays for Suomi? And I'm not dissing Russia, I just don't think Slovakia has what it takes to beat Sweden. Finland, on the other hand, stifled Canada fairly successfully.

The Flake
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by The Flake »

Anyone know where to get a live stream of the game today for internet viewing?
Remember,
Amateurs built the ark ....
Professionals built the Titanic

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

ComradeT wrote:
sseagle wrote:
ComradeT wrote:
sseagle wrote:

Assuming Finland is one of these 5, which Blue plays for Suomi? And I'm not dissing Russia, I just don't think Slovakia has what it takes to beat Sweden. Finland, on the other hand, stifled Canada fairly successfully.
Told ya.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

sseagle wrote:

I thought they re-seed after this round? Which, if top seeds win, we get Canada still. But should they lose, we'd get Finland? Am I crazy?

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

dmiles2186 wrote:
sseagle wrote:

I thought they re-seed after this round? Which, if top seeds win, we get Canada still. But should they lose, we'd get Finland? Am I crazy?
No, straight bracket. The winner of USA-CZE is playing the winner of CAN-LAT in the semi and whoever wins that plays the winner of SWE-FIN for the gold.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

So Canada it is. Friday is going to be a fun one. We're guaranteed to play for a medal either way. Let's hope it's one of the top two.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Obviously the Czech Republic loss is because they didn't bring Roman Polak to Sochi.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Can they hurry up and finish so we can get back to NHL games?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024