GDT #63: 3/8/14 > Blues @ Avalanche > 2:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: GDT #63: 3/8/14 > Blues @ Avalanche > 2:00 PM > FSMW/KMO

Post by cardsfan04 »

dmiles2186 wrote:Fun, tight game yesterday, one that belonged in the playoffs it seemed. More importantly, the Blues lengthened their lead on Colorado and Chicago in the division. Berglund has been a man on fire since the Olympics. I don't know what happened, but just keep it rolling. Oshie's effort on Backes' goal was outstanding. That was a beaut.

Lastly, I agree with ss. Ryan Miller was worth it. It's only 4 games, yes. But when he gives up a goal, it doesn't feel like everything is going to crumble like it did with Jaro.
Agreed. The Phoenix and TB games are perfect examples of that. Under Jaro, if we fell down 2-0, I thought we'd likely get to 2 goals, but if we did, they might already be at 4. Or, they would get a 3rd right after we tied it or something. With Miller, it feels like if we can score enough to catch them when behind, that's all we'll need.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: GDT #63: 3/8/14 > Blues @ Avalanche > 2:00 PM > FSMW/KMO

Post by APOD »

Outstanding game! Really wanted to see Backes and Johnson go at it. That O'reilly kid is fantastic and RFA they better offer him some good money. Heard rumors that Stastny wants to test free agency and would love to play in St. Louis, not sure if we could afford him though.

It may just be me but I really feel that Colorado plays like a more physical Ducks team......which makes me think that if we put our head in the game the ducks shouldn't be that hard to beat.
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald