GDT #80: 4/10/14 > Blues @ Wild > 7:00 PM > NBCSN/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

tjk002
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: GDT #80: 4/10/14 > Blues @ Wild > 7:00 PM > NBCSN/KMOX

Post by tjk002 »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:Winning everywhere except the score.

These last few games really highlight the lack of an elite scorer or two on this team.

Let's just hope the bad luck is all used up in these shitty games and we bury pucks come the real season.

Is miller as bad as his line in the box score tonight? Is this just a matter of the limited chances were high quality or are these softies?
Sure would like to have Perron back and send them Berglund instead. I'd even let them keep Paajarvi as well. Berglund has been awful this year again like the prior 3 years.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

tjk002 wrote:

These last few games really highlight the lack of an elite scorer or two on this team.

Let's just hope the bad luck is all used up in these shitty games and we bury pucks come the real season.

Is miller as bad as his line in the box score tonight? Is this just a matter of the limited chances were high quality or are these softies?
Sure would like to have Perron back and send them Berglund instead. I'd even let them keep Paajarvi as well. Berglund has been awful this year again like the prior 3 years.
Haha I completely forgot he was on our team still. Never a good sign from a forward.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Bring back the Carrot Top suck-o-meter!

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

How the (Frank) do you (Franking) outshoot an opponent 45-15, while playing against their B team, while playing against a goalie who's last time in the show was 4 years ago, and (Franking) LOSE?!

Lost the Central, Lost Oshie, Lost the game. This is great.

edit: Oh, and Minnesota is already locked in it's playoff spot so they didn't need to win this game or even probably "want" to win this game. And we lost. :facepalm: There are no words...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

We had the division and our destiny in our hands. That's all gone. All of it. We're staring down the Blackhawks in Round 1. I don't give up on the Blues, I never do, not until we've lost 4 games in one playoff series, so I'm not giving up now. But it's been a long, long time since I've been as angry at the Blues as I am now. What a complete disaster. Completely shat the division lead down our leg. Props to Colorado, they're winning every game in sight. But we haven't won in a week. This should have been wrapped up long ago, but instead, here we are in 2nd.

That being said, we can still pull out of it and win the division, but our destiny is no longer in our hands. We need help from San Jose and Anaheim to beat Colorado at least once. That's a tough task right now.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

STLADOGG wrote:
tjk002 wrote:

Haha I completely forgot he was on our team still. Never a good sign from a forward.
The only time I noticed Berglund last night was when we were on the power-play, down by 1 (I believe) and he was coming in with the puck off the point, got some room just inside the top of the circle, had an open look in prime scoring location, there was a bit of a screen in front of the net... and then he peeled off looking to pass to the point. I nearly threw my beer glass across the room I was so pissed.

Other than that I didn't notice him once.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I'm a bit disappointed that Reaves didn't go after one of their guys. I would have loved it if he made Pominville or Parise fight him. They go after one of our guys, we go after theirs. Rupp deserves his, but that doesn't really even the score. I don't mean anything dirty btw, but something that sends a message.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

[tweet][/tweet]

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:
tjk002 wrote:

The only time I noticed Berglund last night was when we were on the power-play, down by 1 (I believe) and he was coming in with the puck off the point, got some room just inside the top of the circle, had an open look in prime scoring location, there was a bit of a screen in front of the net... and then he peeled off looking to pass to the point. I nearly threw my beer glass across the room I was so pissed.

Other than that I didn't notice him once.
I remember that play...and I yelled a couple things at the tv at the time.
Berglund does that a lot. He puts his head down and has something in mind and is oblivious to everything else, which is usually the better play. He frequently passes up open ice when peeling off the boards and turns into traffic, and misses open passing lanes because he has his head down with the puck.
His situational awareness and able to adjust to what's around him isn't great.
It is certainly frustrating.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/