WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby JesusNEVERexisted » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:42 pm

There is ZERO hockey coverage here on the weekend except for a minute or so on the local news! It's a JOKE! The last place this is is a hockey town!

I have checked all major AM and FM radio stations and NOTHING on the Blues except a news blip saying they lost! That game last night was an absolute classic yet ZERO discussion on it in this town! Yet every time a Cards player sneezes there is a one hour report on it!

DISGRACEFUL!
User avatar
JesusNEVERexisted
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby sseagle » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Is this gimmick almost over?
Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby Oaklandblue » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:03 pm

Somewhere on the interwebs a troll is starving :)
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

Image
Oaklandblue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby Nyghtewynd » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:12 pm

He's probably at home sobbing salty troll tears into his huge pilla'.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.
User avatar
Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby JesusNEVERexisted » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:51 pm

I finally found a few minutes of hockey talk on 590 am but it was pathetic! This town is anything BUT a hockey town!
User avatar
JesusNEVERexisted
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby JesusNEVERexisted » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Nyghtewynd wrote:He's probably at home sobbing salty troll tears into his huge pilla'.


You and OaklandBlue are 2 retarded MORONS who don't even know what a troll is! You simply call someone a troll just because you disagree with them! That is NOT what a troll is you brainless sheep!
User avatar
JesusNEVERexisted
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby Oaklandblue » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Hey Nyghtewynd, do you hear a stomach growling?
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

Image
Oaklandblue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby Nyghtewynd » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Oaklandblue wrote:Hey Nyghtewynd, do you hear a stomach growling?


Yep. I think I'm about a day away from having a new troll quote in my sig.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.
User avatar
Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby STLADOGG » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:33 pm

NHLN.
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Roman Polak
TW Tiger Woods TW
User avatar
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby Toasted Oates » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:17 pm

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:He's probably at home sobbing salty troll tears into his huge pilla'.


You and OaklandBlue are 2 retarded MORONS who don't even know what a troll is! You simply call someone a troll just because you disagree with them! That is NOT what a troll is you brainless sheep!

It's hard to tell if you're "trolling" or if you just don't get it. The Cardinals have an impeccable winning tradition that dates back nearly 90 years (1st title in 1926). Of course they will be the toast of the town. Hockey is much more entertaining than baseball, but it doesn't matter. Championships trump all. It is easy as hell to be a Cardinal fan. Your observation is one that has been brought up countless times. Despite your assumption that you are offering some sort of breaking news...well...you're not. Hence, the "troll" label.

The "retarded" and "MORON" (notice the all caps) labels aren't lending you much credibility either. Plus you use "OMG" and "OMFG" more than is necessary, especially considering your username. God is dead, remember? Blues in 7.
User avatar
Toasted Oates
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby sseagle » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:55 am

Toasted Oates wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:He's probably at home sobbing salty troll tears into his huge pilla'.


You and OaklandBlue are 2 retarded MORONS who don't even know what a troll is! You simply call someone a troll just because you disagree with them! That is NOT what a troll is you brainless sheep!

It's hard to tell if you're "trolling" or if you just don't get it. The Cardinals have an impeccable winning tradition that dates back nearly 90 years (1st title in 1926). Of course they will be the toast of the town. Hockey is much more entertaining than baseball, but it doesn't matter. Championships trump all. It is easy as hell to be a Cardinal fan. Your observation is one that has been brought up countless times. Despite your assumption that you are offering some sort of breaking news...well...you're not. Hence, the "troll" label.

The "retarded" and "MORON" (notice the all caps) labels aren't lending you much credibility either. Plus you use "OMG" and "OMFG" more than is necessary, especially considering your username. God is dead, remember? Blues in 7.


Boo with your silly logical rebuttal! The in your face atheists are just out for shock value, most of us don't give a shit what you believe in, I know I don't have time to think about magical hokum, but you can believe what you want.

Blues in seven (praise Bruce!)
Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby dmiles2186 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:37 am

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I finally found a few minutes of hockey talk on 590 am but it was pathetic! This town is anything BUT a hockey town!


You're right. It's a baseball town. That's never going to change.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5925
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby JesusNEVERexisted » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Toasted Oates wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:as llHe's probably at home sobbing salty troll tears into his huge pilla'.


You and OaklandBlue are 2 retarded MORONS who don't even know what a troll is! You simply call someone a troll just because you disagree with them! That is NOT what a troll is you brainless sheep!

It's hard to tell if you're "trolling" or if you just don't get it. The Cardinals have an impeccable winning tradition that dates back nearly 90 years (1st title in 1926). Of course they will be the toast of the town. Hockey is much more entertaining than baseball, but it doesn't matter. Championships trump all. It is easy as hell to be a Cardinal fan. Your observation is one that has been brought up countless times. Despite your assumption that you are offering some sort of breaking news...well...you're not. Hence, the "troll" label.

The "retarded" and "MORON" (notice the all caps) labels aren't lending you much credibility either. Plus you use "OMG" and "OMFG" more than is necessary, especially considering your username. God is dead, remember? Blues in 7.


They started insulting me first. Look those fools have NO argument so all they can do is insult. I know baseball has a history close to 200 years long in America. That's the only way a sport more boring than soccer can flourish.

I'm just saying hockey should get more respect and such a heartstopping series doesn't even get a half hour show over the weekend!
User avatar
JesusNEVERexisted
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby Oaklandblue » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:25 pm

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Toasted Oates wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:as llHe's probably at home sobbing salty troll tears into his huge pilla'.


You and OaklandBlue are 2 retarded MORONS who don't even know what a troll is! You simply call someone a troll just because you disagree with them! That is NOT what a troll is you brainless sheep!

It's hard to tell if you're "trolling" or if you just don't get it. The Cardinals have an impeccable winning tradition that dates back nearly 90 years (1st title in 1926). Of course they will be the toast of the town. Hockey is much more entertaining than baseball, but it doesn't matter. Championships trump all. It is easy as hell to be a Cardinal fan. Your observation is one that has been brought up countless times. Despite your assumption that you are offering some sort of breaking news...well...you're not. Hence, the "troll" label.

The "retarded" and "MORON" (notice the all caps) labels aren't lending you much credibility either. Plus you use "OMG" and "OMFG" more than is necessary, especially considering your username. God is dead, remember? Blues in 7.


They started insulting me first. Look those fools have NO argument so all they can do is insult. I know baseball has a history close to 200 years long in America. That's the only way a sport more boring than soccer can flourish.

I'm just saying hockey should get more respect and such a heartstopping series doesn't even get a half hour show over the weekend!



Hockey, like Soccer, is a foreign sport. Sports like Football, Basketball and Baseball are naturally more popular here because their form originated here.

Outside of the US, people actually live, breathe and die Hockey. Hell, it used to be that if you wore the wrong jersey on the wrong side of the river, you'd get your arse handed to you. Ask any old school Flames or Oilers about that.

And Soccer is like the #1 sport on Earth. Iirc stadiums are built to accomondate hundred thousand people to a game...to a game. That's just mindblowing.

The problem is that, in some areas, there's not enough interest to gather, even if a team is going all the way. If you're in the wrong sport in the area no one follows it even if you win it all. All they'll do is buy the jersey or hat after you've won it all and pretend they're a fan.

As for this quote: I know baseball has a history close to 200 years long in America. That's the only way a sport more boring than soccer can flourish. I'll say this much:

What do you need to play soccer: A ball. It's the most popular sport on Earth.
What do you need to play football: A football. It's pretty damn popular in alot of places, even in parts of Canada.
What do you need to play baseball: A bat, a ball and a glove (optional) - Was very popular now isn't as popular before but still holds some good numbers with the strike and the PED shit causing the bulk of the problem.
What do you need to play hockey: A pair of skates and the skill set to skate, a stick, pads, gloves, helmet, puck, ice or a flat concrete surface.

There's the real reason why the popularity isn't there. I play goal in pick-up games and I bought all my gear second hand and I'm into the 1500 dollar bracket. The one thing I've noticed is, the less you need to play and the less skillset you need walking in the game, the more people will play. There might be other answers or perspectives to it, but imho, that's why.

As for the whole trolling bit, it's all in the text. It can be read a variety of ways and someone that reads it one way is going to have a different angle on it than someone that reads it another or from a different frame of mind. Reread through alot of your posts and reread this one. You're saying things and I have no idea where you are, where 'this town' is or anything else. Don't read minds and it's hard to sympathise with someone when you don't understand exactly what they're complaining about. I'm a Blues fan and have been since Mike Liut was around and my home team wore Green, Gold and Blue and our goalies had names like Hodge and Smith. In short, I'm not from St. Louis, but the things they go through mirror my own life, so I follow them and I believe in them. They don't have to win it all for me, the fact they exist is enough. Alot of teams would kill for any franchise because they don't have one. And in my area we have sports team but they all get downplayed for another team across the Bay, so it's nothing new to me.

And the truth is, no one in media respects anything less than a winner. Good enough isn't good enough unless you win it all. And those people I ignore because they don't get it.

Toasted Oates said it best for me in his post, except for his part about God being dead. You don't believe in Jesus, doesn't mean you're not religious. I think you should be a little more transparent, though, because honestly, when you post, you off and on sound like a troll, albeit one with very good points and obvious enthusiasm, both of things I think are good qualities. But I don't know you and I like to fool around and I don't mind being fooled around with. I have a thick skin and I can take it and I'm not afraid to say I'm right or wrong or any of that other stuff. So there's that.

And the first person that reads this suggests holding hands and singing "Kumbaya" I will slap lol.
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

Image
Oaklandblue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: WHERE is the hockey coverage over the weekend??

Postby JesusNEVERexisted » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:19 am

I'm in the St.Louis metro area of course like most others on here.

I know hockey is more expensive and difficult to play than any other sport but when you pack almost 20,000 fans for 3 straight home games there should at least be a 1 hour show on the weekend to discuss it! I know it won't be the wall to wall coverage the BARFbirds get but come on! Just give me a half hour to an hour for f*cks sake! That was an unexpected and heartstopping end to game 5 Friday night but all I heard was crickets over the weekend!
User avatar
JesusNEVERexisted
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm


Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], sparty09, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests