Blues Re-Sign Brian Elliott to 3 year deal

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Blues Re-Sign Brian Elliott to 3 year deal

Post by cardsfan04 »

Oaklandblue wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:The top 3 destinations for Miller are Anaheim, San Jose, and Vancouver. All 3 teams need a goalie and Miller has stated his desire to play in California where his wife is.
lol, sure... Vancouver maybe.
From LeBrun:
•And finally, where will Ryan Miller land? The decision by the St. Louis Blues to not try to re-sign him after a first-round playoff exit was probably a mutual decision anyway. It means Miller is headed to the July 1 unrestricted free agency market for the first time in his career, which was pretty much always the plan. He’s been linked for almost a year to the Anaheim Ducks, perhaps because Miller’s wife, Noureen DeWulf, is an actress, so the fit would certainly work from that perspective. But a source told ESPN.com Wednesday that the Ducks have decided to stick with the kids in net, John Gibson and Frederik Andersen, and do not plan on courting Miller. You can also rule out fellow California club San Jose. The word out of there is that the Sharks are going to continue to focus on their mini-rebuild and it’s about youth for them. Adding veteran players is not in the cards in San Jose.
Miller blew it bigtime. He could have named his own price and gotten it had he played lights out for us. He has no one to blame but himself and I'm honestly happy to see it. He'll end up a backup and he won't get as much as he was getting before, IF he's lucky.
He'll be lucky to be a backup? That might be a bit of an exaggeration. He cost himself money for sure. But, he'll land a starting gig somewhere. Minnesota hasn't addressed goaltending yet, have they? That might be a landing spot for him.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

He might land as a starter somewhere, but I doubt it's for a team that considers themselves a contender for the cup. Miller's 34 years old and played below average for the best defensive team in the league. He cost himself MILLIONS with his play. I would not be shocked to see him sign for less than Halak just got both in dollars and years. He really, really f'd himself here.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

Ells the puck is now in your corner...

If this gets us more talent on top two lines I'm ok with this. Now "Stretch Armstrong" needs to stretch the pocket book...
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)