Ryan Miller

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Do you blame a majority of last season's playoff outcome on Ryan Miller?

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes: 23

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ryan Miller

Post by cprice12 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I don't blame Miller. The Blues took a 2-0 lead and then lost 4 straight!

The Blues collapsed as a team against the Hawks and Army and some of the players said that themselves!
I'm going to take exclamation points away from you if you keep abusing them.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

cprice12 wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I don't blame Miller. The Blues took a 2-0 lead and then lost 4 straight!

The Blues collapsed as a team against the Hawks and Army and some of the players said that themselves!
I'm going to take exclamation points away from you if you keep abusing them.
Great idea! Even I said that!
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:So a month later, Miller is back to being the player he was for the Blues.

Canucks are in a tailspin and Miller has been awful. Super terrible bad. Like 5 GA on 23 SA the other day.

Again, kudos to our front office for walking away from this disaster.
And yet, interesting-no stories about that. Huh. Oh well.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

ecbm wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:So a month later, Miller is back to being the player he was for the Blues.

Canucks are in a tailspin and Miller has been awful. Super terrible bad. Like 5 GA on 23 SA the other day.

That is interesting, isn't it?

What was once a fairy tale story of shunned goalie to sure-fire Stanley Cup contender, is now not even a lingering thought. Dang you, reality! Such a dream crusher. Maybe he'll turn it around....peaks and valleys.....
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
ecbm wrote:

That is interesting, isn't it?

What was once a fairy tale story of shunned goalie to sure-fire Stanley Cup contender, is now not even a lingering thought. Dang you, reality! Such a dream crusher. Maybe he'll turn it around....peaks and valleys.....
Every 28 days...

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

I was noting the cricket noises around his recent play, too.

They are going to regret the signing. I laughed out loud when I saw the deal they gave him.

He's done and has been.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:I was noting the cricket noises around his recent play, too.

They are going to regret the signing. I laughed out loud when I saw the deal they gave him.

He's done and has been.
I just don't understand Vancouver's broader "strategy" if you want to call it that. They're awkwardly stuck between a full tear down/rebuild and competing for a playoff spot. I don't think anyone who follows the NHL closely seriously expects them to contend for a cup.

Rip the band-aid off. Your top guys are old. Time to sell the assets. I didn't understand the Ryan Miller signing at the time (or why he would even want to go there if he ostensibly wants to win a cup) and still don't.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

Vancouver's idea of strategy is hiring coaches like Torts, trading off players like Schneider and Luongo and signing ridiculous contracts, including Miller.

The Maple Leafs and Oilers have a better strategy than them. :facepalm:
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Oaklandblue wrote:Vancouver's idea of strategy is hiring coaches like Torts, trading off players like Schneider and Luongo and signing ridiculous contracts, including Miller.

Let's not get carried away. The Oilers don't have a strategy. Saying the Oilers have a strategy is an insult to anyone who actually has a strategy. The way they're going, they'll get McDavid and he'll be a bust. They should trade everything they have including the top pick for multiple picks later on, fire MacTavish and start over from the ground floor. That would be a strategy. MacTavish saying he'll play Sherlock Holmes, not fire the coach and then fire the coach and put himself behind the bench where nothing will change is not a strategy, it's delusional.

That said, as many bad things as can happen to Vancouver, I'm all for it.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

glen a richter wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:Vancouver's idea of strategy is hiring coaches like Torts, trading off players like Schneider and Luongo and signing ridiculous contracts, including Miller.

Let's not get carried away. The Oilers don't have a strategy. Saying the Oilers have a strategy is an insult to anyone who actually has a strategy. The way they're going, they'll get McDavid and he'll be a bust. They should trade everything they have including the top pick for multiple picks later on, fire MacTavish and start over from the ground floor. That would be a strategy. MacTavish saying he'll play Sherlock Holmes, not fire the coach and then fire the coach and put himself behind the bench where nothing will change is not a strategy, it's delusional.

Yeah, well...the last player they took outside the first round to play more than 100 games for them was...Jarret Stoll, drafted 12 years ago. They need to stop hiring ex-players to every vacant exec position. It's ridiculous. It's like Federko being the Blues' GM and Hull being the actual team president. Vancouver seems to see themselves like the Yankees, who can never rebuild or even seriously discuss it because they're fans are so f'ing entitled. Which is funny, as the Yanks have won a bazillion titles in my lifetime and the Canucks have won none.

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

glen a richter wrote:

Glen, the difference is that Vancouver KNOWS better. So do the Leafs. For the suck that Edmonton has, I don't see them trading their youth core anytime soon. Because as much as they suck, even they realize the value they have there, unlike Vancouver...

The Leafs SHOULD be in a better situation. They signed contracts that wern't as ridiculous as were led to believe on players who should have performed better than they had in Toronto. When one wants to talk about shit luck, you can't help but look at Toronto.
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

glen a richter wrote:

Oh Edmonton. What a clusterf*ck.

But I agree with you. I think the only two guys I'd keep are Hall and Nuge (eh maybe Draisatl and Schultz too). Blow up everything else. New coach, new GM, new president of operations... F*ck it. It can't get much worse, can it!?

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Miller is going to have an MRI related to the lower body injury he suffered Sunday when he got run by one of his own guys.

Linky

Bad luck.

He's won some games this year, but his personal stats aren't very good at all. GAA and SV% are middle of the road or lower this year.

Still a big loss for Van and their space alien twins. Big contract sitting on the sideline.

:lol:

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:Miller is going to have an MRI related to the lower body injury he suffered Sunday when he got run by one of his own guys.

Linky

Bad luck.

He's won some games this year, but his personal stats aren't very good at all. GAA and SV% are middle of the road or lower this year.

Still a big loss for Van and their space alien twins. Big contract sitting on the sideline.

... this is a pretty shitty post, honestly. Just asking for the same shit to happen to us.

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

drwoland wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:Miller is going to have an MRI related to the lower body injury he suffered Sunday when he got run by one of his own guys.

Linky

Bad luck.

... this is a pretty shitty post, honestly. Just asking for the same shit to happen to us.
I don't think it was meant like that. Let's be honest, Miller was solid, sound and reliable on a team that was really bad with the Sabres. He and Halak had more or less equivalent stats when we swapped them and what we expected from Miller was absolutely not what we got, regardless if one agrees or disagrees with him being -the- or a part of why we didn't do well in the playoffs last year. We see him get rewarded with a big money contract on a team like Vancouver who should be doing a mid-range rebuild instead of doing what they did with Luongo and sign contracts that will bite them in the tail, which is pretty much what they did with this.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Ya, I'm not happy Miller is hurt, I am laughing at Vancouver signing him to too big of a contract for his age and play, combined with trading away two better starters in consecutive years.

I haven't looked all the way through the threads, but someone said something to the effect that Miller is one knee injury away from them eating that contract and that's pretty much what they are on the brink of here.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

And it doesn't matter even if Vancouver makes the playoffs, it would be a miracle if they won even two playoff series with that roster.

IMHO