MacTavish wants 'top center' for DP/STL-EDM Talking Trade

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

MacTavish wants 'top center' for DP/STL-EDM Talking Trade

Post by dmiles2186 »

Good luck with that.

(Maybe he thinks Berglund is a top center....)

[tweet][/tweet]
Last edited by dmiles2186 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: MacTavish wants 'top center' for Perron

Post by Misc. Blues »

No cap space and wouldn't want him back...closet or no closet...
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I'd rather have MacTavish than Perron. No helmet and all.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I'm kidding about getting Perron back. Mostly, MacTavish is off his rocker if he wants a top center in return for Perron.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Can't blame MacTavish. He's never going to get that, but he can at least hope there's some desperate team out there. Maybe he'll get lucky like we did with our guy and net himself a 5th rounder....
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

"top center" doesn't necessarily mean "elite".

Surely when he says top center, he means a good center....a 2nd line center. Which I can see him getting.
Some think he would be a real good fit in Pittsburgh, mainly because they could probably get him for less than what he is worth because of his early season struggles...and they feel he would excel there.

Perron had a nice season last year as far as goals and points go, but he's off to a slow start this year. He seems to have worn out his welcome in Edmonton already.
I haven't seen him play much since he was traded there, but I would imagine he's doing the same crap he did here... undisciplined play, too many penalties in the offensive zone, and not listening to the coaching staff.

Dude has a ton of talent. Teams just don't give up on players like that...and it has happened twice in a few years now for him. Not sure what his deal is.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

He's a whiny bitch with a prima donna attitude problem.

I'm not shocked Craig doesn't like him and that he has struggled in Edmonton.

Good luck getting someone to take a flyer on him.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

Not surprised that Edmonton is 'working the phones' feverishly. When we beat them this past Sat 7-1 the game was an embarrassment. Their players literally quit out there as soon as the score was 2-0. I've never seen guys mail it in that bad before. Some of our guys had all day long with the puck and no one bothered to challenge them. I got to hold the coach accountable for that but obviously a shakeup in the team personnel is needed as well.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

If they don't can Eakins and hire Bylsma yesterday, that franchise has officially become the biggest joke in the league. Once a proud organization too, it's so sad.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Edmonton hasn't had a playoff season since they traded Pronger to Anaheim.

I don't see it happening again any time soon. I would be blowing that whole thing up if I was in charge.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

I'll never feel sorry for Edmonton. They had Gretzky and 5 cups in 7 years. They can lose for the next 100 years as far as I care.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Kerfuffle wrote:I'll never feel sorry for Edmonton. They had Gretzky and 5 cups in 7 years. They can lose for the next 100 years as far as I care.
They also had three #1 overall picks in a row and couldn't find a way to revitalize their franchise with that haul.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Kind of unrelated...but I'd take Jordan Eberle.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/h ... story.html

Any Oilers, Blues trade talks would undoubtedly include Jordan Eberle

Centre Patrik Berglund could be Oilers’ target in a deal that likely wouldn’t be a 1-for-1 swap

By Jim Matheson, Edmonton Journal November 24, 2014

Story
Photos ( 2 )

Edmonton Journal hockey writers Jim Matheson and Joanne Ireland, and sports columnist John MacKinnon, talk about the sub-.500 Edmonton Oilers' lack of team identity as the 2014-15 NHL season nears the quarter pole.

DALLAS — If the Edmonton Oilers are indeed sniffing around St. Louis Blues centre Patrik Berglund, who is currently playing left wing on that stacked team because the team has Paul Stastny, David Backes and Jori Lehtera firmly planted at centre, the Blues conceivably are asking about Jordan Eberle in a package.

Nobody’s saying it would ever be a one-for-one arrangement because Eberle has more currency around the league as an offensive weapon (76- and 65-point NHL seasons on his resume) than the six-foot-three, 217-pound Berglund and he makes considerably more money than the Swede for longer term, but Eberle could take Berglund’s spot as a winger in St. Louis.

There is some history with Eberle and Blues’ management, of course. St. Louis head coach Ken Hitchcock had the Oilers’ winger at the Canadian Olympic team summer orientation session in Calgary before the 2014 Sochi Games, and Blues general manager Doug Armstrong was also part of the Canadian Olympic management group.

Plus, the Blues and the Oilers have been trading partners before. Oilers GM Craig MacTavish traded forward Magnus Paajarvi and a second-round draft to St. Louis in the summer of 2013 for winger David Perron.

Berglund has this year and two more at a $3.7-million cap hit. The Blues have one very good young centre, Robby Fabbri, who almost made the team this year, and also have Ivan Barbashev, playing in Moncton with Vladimir Tkachev, so giving up Berglund would be a comfortable decision.

The Oilers need a veteran National Hockey League centre with some offensive juice to back up Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

Berglund, in his seventh season has question marks, for sure. He’s had 52- and 47-point seasons but is coming off an ordinary 32-point season in 2013-14 and has just four points this year.

He’s a big body and is only 26, however.

“If you are looking at the numbers, you are going to say ‘gee, he should be doing more,’” Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch last week, “but it’s a process. He’s a guy we use in a checking role against other top players. Scoring is the last part of it that has to be taken care of. He’s got a better tempo more determination.”

The Oilers have an abundance of wingers, although Benoit Pouliot is out until after Christmas with a broken foot after being hit with a Marek Zidlicky shot.

The Oilers certainly consider Eberle, who is in the second year of a six-year, $36-million deal, one of their core guys, and it would be a big gulp to think of trading him, but the assistant captain is likely not untouchable as Nugent-Hopkins and Taylor Hall are.

Anybody asking about Eberle in a deal would be trying to equalize the dollars in a trade, most likely.

It’s likely teams are asking for Perron, as well, if the Oilers are after a centre.

Would the Montreal Canadiens give up shifty five-foot-seven, 170-pound David Desharnais for Perron, feeling they could move Alex Galchenyuk into the middle there? Desharnais, 28, makes $3.5 million this season and the following two. After Max Pacioretty, there isn’t a veteran left-winger who can provide offence, although Czech rookie Jiri Sekac is an up-and-comer with six goals.

ON THE BENCH

The Blues might not mind divesting themselves of Steve Ott’s $2.6 million deal (this year and next) if he’s going to be a fourth-liner, too.

jmatheson@edmontonjournal.com

Follow me on Twitter:@NHLbyMatty

------

Edmonton Journal hockey writers Jim Matheson and Joanne Ireland, and sports columnist John MacKinnon, talk to sports editor Craig Ellingson about the recent losing ways of the Edmonton Oilers heading into a string of three home games in four nights in late November 2014.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: MacTavish wants 'top center' for DP/STL-EDM Talking Trad

omg, if we could trade ott and bergie for Eberle...

I can't see that deal going down like that, but holy crap I would take that deal.

They need a #2 center and veteran presence to motivate those punks to play and we would be able to get a scoring winger. It's a win win in my book and pretty much salary neutral.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Two things:

1. I would absolutely love that trade, the players involved kind of make sense and the money kind of makes sense as well.

2. Now would be the perfect time to do it because it's not too late in the season and it allows plenty of time to have Eberle gel with the team rather than trying to do it in mid-March. I always found the trade deadline to be too late into the season. Also, with a game against Edmonton coming up this week, minimal interruption to anyones travel plans. They can suit up in the opposite locker room just as easily and all play in that game.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

I guess it seems my "whiny bitch" statement was closer to the truth than I thought.

mgmt. feels Perron through his coach and his team under the bus in the post-game presser after losing the other night.

Article with his comments is here.

Excerpt:
Perron wrote:It's about a full sixty. We need to have accountability from coaches and teammates.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:I guess it seems my "whiny bitch" statement was closer to the truth than I thought.

mgmt. feels Perron through his coach and his team under the bus in the post-game presser after losing the other night.

Excerpt:
Perron wrote:It's about a full sixty. We need to have accountability from coaches and teammates.
Again, two things... this time about Perron's quote:

1. Fancy him being the one talking about a full sixty from a guy who makes stupid decisions on a regular basis.

2. He's right.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

glen a richter wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:I guess it seems my "whiny bitch" statement was closer to the truth than I thought.

Excerpt:
Again, two things... this time about Perron's quote:

1. Fancy him being the one talking about a full sixty from a guy who makes stupid decisions on a regular basis.

2. He's right.
He may be totally right... but calling out the coaches in a post-game interview is a violation of the code - especially when you are David Perron.

And ya, he's never given a full sixty that I can recall.

tjk002
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by tjk002 »

I'd still make the Berglund and Ott trade for Peron any day of the week. Almost a push on the salary cap, and give Porter more playing time.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

tjk002 wrote:I'd still make the Berglund and Ott trade for Peron any day of the week. Almost a push on the salary cap, and give Porter more playing time.
you are (Franking) high.

We were talking about trading for Eberle, not Perron.

I wouldn't take Perron back if he was free or they paid us.