Top 5 Toughest Blues of all time (article)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Re: Top 5 Toughest Blues of all time (article)

Post by KrustyKevo »

F Keenan wrote:At the end of the day, I think we can all agree that none of these guys are tough enough for Major League Baseball.
I don't know why I laughed so incredibly hard at this.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

F Keenan wrote:At the end of the day, I think we can all agree that none of these guys are tough enough for Major League Baseball.
You mean they aren't tough enough to fall asleep during the game? :lol:

evil roy
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by evil roy »

My clearest memory to this day of Tkachuk's career is the game when the Blues played the Jets early in his career and he and high-sticked Shanahan who went and got stitches. Shanahan came out for the next period, squared up to him, removed his face shield himself and absolutely pummeled Tkachuk.
Holy Bibles!! I totally forgot aboat that one--and i went to that game. Shanahan beat him like a runaway slave.
Official 2018-19 LGB Sponsor of Patrick Maroon
Official 2017-18 LGB Sponsor of Robby Fabbri's ACL
Official 2016-17 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny
Official 2015-16 LGB sponsor of Alexander (There is no "I" in) Steen

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
There's my little baseball hating guy. I was waiting for you. Bummed that Christmas break is almost over???
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

evil roy wrote:
My clearest memory to this day of Tkachuk's career is the game when the Blues played the Jets early in his career and he and high-sticked Shanahan who went and got stitches. Shanahan came out for the next period, squared up to him, removed his face shield himself and absolutely pummeled Tkachuk.
Holy Bibles!! I totally forgot aboat that one--and i went to that game. Shanahan beat him like a runaway slave.
Didn't Tkachuk turtle on that fight?
Any player who turtles during a scrap shouldn't be on anyone's top however-many toughest players list.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

evil roy
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by evil roy »

cprice12 wrote: Didn't Tkachuk turtle on that fight?
Any player who turtles during a scrap shouldn't be on anyone's top however-many toughest players list.
If memory serves, Tkachuck high-sticked Shanny who had to go off and get stitches in his lip. He returned and skated right up to KT who turned his back and Shanahan jumped him. Not terribly gentlemanly play on either's part but if you open up a guy's face and he wants a piece of you, common decency says to let him have his shot. Also Shanny had 2 goals that game (I think.)
Official 2018-19 LGB Sponsor of Patrick Maroon
Official 2017-18 LGB Sponsor of Robby Fabbri's ACL
Official 2016-17 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny
Official 2015-16 LGB sponsor of Alexander (There is no "I" in) Steen

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

evil roy wrote:
cprice12 wrote: Didn't Tkachuk turtle on that fight?
If memory serves, Tkachuck high-sticked Shanny who had to go off and get stitches in his lip. He returned and skated right up to KT who turned his back and Shanahan jumped him. Not terribly gentlemanly play on either's part but if you open up a guy's face and he wants a piece of you, common decency says to let him have his shot. Also Shanny had 2 goals that game (I think.)
Didn't Shanny get an empty netter for the hat trick? Or maybe that was his 2nd goal.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The toughest Blue ever was CuJo, dammit. That fight against Chevaldae is the most historic fight in Blues history.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

F Keenan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
There's my little baseball hating guy. I was waiting for you. Bummed that Christmas break is almost over???
At the end of the day, if my son was set on pursuing a career in professional sports and was picking between hockey and baseball, I'd be thrilled if he picked baseball. That's where the money is, and there must be some reason baseball owners can afford to pay their players so much money. Couldn't have anything to do with it being a popular sport and they generate boatloads of revenue, does it? Hey JNE?

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

glen a richter wrote:The toughest Blue ever was CuJo, dammit. That fight against Chevaldae is the most historic fight in Blues history.
I remember that! CuJo beat his ass.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

glen a richter wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
At the end of the day, if my son was set on pursuing a career in professional sports and was picking between hockey and baseball, I'd be thrilled if he picked baseball. That's where the money is, and there must be some reason baseball owners can afford to pay their players so much money. Couldn't have anything to do with it being a popular sport and they generate boatloads of revenue, does it? Hey JNE?
Word. Look at Jeff Samardzija, elite football & baseball player at college level: 29 years old, 7 seasons of MLB service and has already made $23M, will make $5M more this year-every cent guaranteed-and then will land a 9-figure contract as a FA. All while not worrying about being brain-injured on the job or having most of his contract cancelled at any time or playing a sport/position where he will be over the hill at 31. Absolute no-brainer. That's the perks of being employed in a $9B/year industry.

I'm cultivating my toddler's tendency to throw things with his left hand...

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

glen a richter wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
You mean they aren't tough enough to fit wasll asleep during the game? :lol:
Baseball ratings are WAY down across the board since the 1980s. Remember Monday Night Baseball? At one point it was almost as big as Monday Night Football. But then they realized no one was watching anymore! :lol:

If you are strictly interested in big bucks the NBA or golf has the potential for even bigger bucks than baseball. Plus even if it pays big bucks it doesn't change the fact that it's the most boring game on a field along with soccer!

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
You mean they aren't tough enough to fit wasll asleep during the game? :lol:
Baseball ratings are WAY down across the board since the 1980s. Remember Monday Night Baseball? At one point it was almost as big as Monday Night Football. But then they realized no one was watching anymore! :lol:

If you are strictly interested in big bucks the NBA or golf has the potential for even bigger bucks than baseball. Plus even if it pays big bucks it doesn't change the fact that it's the most boring game on a field along with soccer!
Soccer? Oh you mean the world's most popular sport? Even the world said that!
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

I already admitted soccer is the biggest game on earth but America goes by its own tune you know? League soccer gets ZERO national attention here. You know why? IT'S BORING beyond belief!

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

No Twist/Chase/Gassoff/Pronger?

This list is complete shit.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:League soccer gets ZERO national attention here.
Actually the ratings for the premier league on NBCSN are blowing the NHL's ratings out of the water, and they aren't even being played during primetime.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Without looking at any actual numbers, it wouldn't surprise me if hockey was among the least popular sports, nationwide.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Kreegz2 wrote:
Actually the ratings for the premier league on NBCSN are blowing the NHL's ratings out of the water, and they aren't even being played during primetime.
The national sports media says ZERO about sucker...err soccer unless it's the World Cup! I admit hockey doesn't get much either but hockey has a 100+ year history in North America.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Kreegz2 wrote:
The national sports media says ZERO about sucker...err soccer unless it's the World Cup! I admit hockey doesn't get much either but hockey has a 100+ year history in North America.
I'm not really sure why you care. Nor am I sure what your point is.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

I'm just confirming what many have already said for DECADES in America. League soccer will NEVER be big or get national attention in America. Even some prominent people in national sports media have said that!