GDT #79: 4/5/15 | 6:30PM CST | @ Hawks | NBCSN/Y98

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Fradi
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Re: GDT #79: 4/5/15 | 6:30PM CST | @ Hawks | NBCSN/Y98

Post by Fradi »

Finally another game I can watch live in it's entirety, and of course I fall asleep and miss both our goals...:D

Was a great team effort, and Allen has shown he is actually capable to step up if needed, which is a very good sign. I'd like to think that was his true self. Also, the guys were able to grind out a win in a tough, playoff-like game as this, with some key players missing. Feeling less pessimistic about our playoff chances now.
2015-16 Sponsor of a true hero: Steve Ott

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Tough, hard fought win. Allen came to play, the team came to play. And Olli Jokinen, of all people, gets the winner in the big rivalry matchup. The teams brought it for sure. Some tough (dirty?) hits were doled out but the Blues hung in there and that last 7-8 minutes, just playing 'prevent' defense was nerve wracking but effective.

Keep it rollin' boys.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Finally looked like Hitch changed some things up for this game on both ends of the ice.

They were trying to get Crawford down and then move the puck one more time in close - and that's how both goals were scored. It wasn't coincidence because they were looking for it all night. That second goal was never a shot and Rattie was never going to deflect it on goal - it was a set play and a damn good one.

They did a really good job, especially in the middle of the third, of keeping pressure on the forecheck while staying with the forward looking for the stretch pass. It's not the system, it's a change in the system and it looked very good.

I'm not sure they should have showed this much on film before the playoffs, but as long as they have more adjustments waiting in the wings this bodes well.

Great hockey game to watch, though. We'll take the two points and run with them.

More of this, please.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

Nyghtewynd wrote:
KrustyKevo wrote:Can't help but notice that Nyghtewynd is no where to be found when the Blues are looking good.
Who are you?
My name is Kevin. Who are you?

EDIT: You're no one. Just another robot on the internet.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Next time I need an appointment to be on teh Intarweb, I'll let you know, K? Holy cow, how many mindless trolls are going to be allowed around here, anyway?
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Huge win for so many reasons.

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

Nyghtewynd wrote::facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Next time I need an appointment to be on teh Intarweb, I'll let you know, K? Holy cow, how many mindless trolls are going to be allowed around here, anyway?
I don't post too often. I can just tell you're a pessimist, from other things I've seen. So I was making fun of it. I dislike this social class thing you guys have going around here. Like you're rude to anyone who hasn't been on the forum since 2003. It's just an internet forum. There is no royalty here.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I think the history of the organization since the 1960s makes pessimism a pretty logical way to go, don't you?
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Nyghtewynd wrote:I think the history of the organization since the 1960s makes pessimism a pretty logical way to go, don't you?
The history of this organization since the 1960's? Hello. They don't have a history before then. And I'm sure that those late 60's teams inability to win the Cup has a direct impact on the chances of the 2014-15 team. you regularly make me look like Sid Sunshine. I appreciate it, Debbie Downer.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

KrustyKevo wrote:It's just an internet forum. There is no royalty here.
Hear, hear. Personally, I'm only rude to IDIOTS that joined recently. You're OK.

Of course, what you're pointing out is just pure group dynamics; if you're new to anything, the old timers are gonna be assholes.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

drwoland wrote:
Hear, hear. Personally, I'm only rude to IDIOTS that joined recently. You're OK.

Of course, what you're pointing out is just pure group dynamics; if you're new to anything, the old timers are gonna be assholes.
:!:
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

drwoland wrote:

I was just pokin' fun at him, anyhow. :|