GDT Game 5: 4/24/15 | 8:30PM CST | v Wild | FSMW/NBCSN/Y98

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT Game 5: 4/24/15 | 8:30PM CST | v Wild | FSMW/NBCSN/Y

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

This makes me sad.

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Portland Blues wrote:Hopefully behind the scenes Hitchcock is a little more fired up than he sounds in this quote:

“We did so many good things today. We had a little bit of a lull. I didn’t think we responded as hard as we could have when they scored their first goal. That gave them a little bit of wind. But just did so many good things, you’re disappointed for the guys. We’ll rebound and get ready for the next game.”
Language like that just doesn't belong in playoffs. Say it like it is Hitch. We fucked this shit up royally and I have no idea how to get these guys going when they don't want to.

Their own building, a chance to go up in the series. What the (Frank) is their problem?

So just watched the highlights. Seems like their problem is they can't elevate the puck. And when they do, it's right at the goalie's chest (yes, Backes, I'm talking about you). Steen's move was sick, but lift that shit up a bit and it's in. Instead - pad save. The goals that Dubnyk allowed were all over his pads (maybe there was a couple down low but from what I can remember, if you shoot high he has a bit of an issue). Obviously Bou and Steen missing wide in the first didn't help. Would've been 3-0 after Senko's goal had those gone in.

Allen gave up two softies. The other two - tough to blame him on. I am calling the 4th a softie but he may have been screened too.

Do or die now. For sure. Minnesota is treating next game as such. Blues have no choice but do or die.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I second the frustration with Oshie. The guy disappears in the playoffs, nothing new for the Blues. We get bounced tomorrow (or in Game 7) and he's the first that I hope gets the boot. Yeah, it will anger all the teenage girls in St. Louis, but who cares?

Also, Allen was not great last night. However, he hadn't given up more than 2 goals in a game in the series. One bad game and there are some calls to sit him? C'mon. He wasn't the reason we lost Games 1 and 3 and he sure as shite wasn't the reason we lost last night. The guy has been what St. Louis had needed in net in the playoffs for years, but it's hard to overcome when a majority of the team hasn't showed up in those 3 games.

Our playoff MVP's so far, in my opinion:
Tarasenko (Duh)
Allen
Petro
Berglund

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Jarden505 wrote:We had a great team when Quennville was coaching, yet got rid of HIM due to poor post season performance...sooo...
The difference is Q's team made it to the conference finals while Hitch hasn't won a 2nd round game.
Q's teams also went on a stretch of 6 years in which they were eliminated by the eventual Cup Champions 5 times. Wings in 97,98, Stars in 99, Avs in 01 and Wings in 02. The Blues always get screwed by match-ups in the playoffs.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I think we're still going to win the series. I really do. Game 6 we're going to have our bounce back game/wakeup call whatever you wanna call it. Then game 7 at home. I think we'll take it.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Jarden505
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Jarden505 »

Totally my point and I agree...if Hitchcock does not get us past this round, he's gotta go

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

cardsfan04 wrote:I think we're still going to win the series. I really do. Game 6 we're going to have our bounce back game/wakeup call whatever you wanna call it. Then game 7 at home. I think we'll take it.
Completely agree. If they win on Sunday, I think they'll finish the Wild off with a bang in game 7. Sunday is the truly crucial game. The Blues will come out with chips on their shoulders. They have to.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

Jarden505 wrote:Totally my point and I agree...if Hitchcock does not get us past this round, he's gotta go
I'm quite sure he will. I would probably even let him go if they lose in the second round. If this team can't at least make it to the Stanley Cup finals, I don't know what Blues team will.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

too much talent to not come out hungry.

Sometimes it seems like they are totally out coached. I dont understand it.
Lack of adjustments is also very frustrating.
Oshie has been the most worthless player on the team.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

These two teams keep alternating who looks great and who looks like crap. I can't figure out what is going on. In Game 5, Minnesota's sticks were everywhere- in the passing lanes, blocking shots, poking the puck away. They were just always. there. in. the. right. spot. at. the. right. time.
Then add to that all the flukes that went in the Wild's favor instead of ours- the Wild goal from the end boards that went off our D-man, Dubnyk's sprawled arm save on Steen, and it's so damn frustrating.

Well, if there's anything we know based on what's happened so far, it's that we'll play great in Minnesota tomorrow- it's our turn again to be the awesome team. :wink:

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

[quote="cardsfan04"][b]I think we're still going to win the series. [/b] I really do. Game 6 we're going to have our bounce back game/wakeup call whatever you wanna call it. Then game 7 at home. I think we'll take it.[/quote]

IF everything goes right, and they DO win this series (which I give about 48% chance(slightly short of even), there's no way they are going to win a 7-game series from The Blackhawks, even though they have home ice for the extra game. They've lost 2 home games to The Wild. The Hawks are too fast for them to defend, and The Hawks have a killer instinct and poise and confidence that The Blues don't have.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

And now we know the winner of this series plays the Hawks.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Yeo said that they are going to treat game #6 like a game #7.
Talk is cheap and you hear that kind of stuff a lot, but yeah...they have to do that.
No way do they want to lose in their own building and have to play a game #7 on the road in St. Louis. Yes, they have taken 2 of 3 from us here, but that trend simply can't continue long.

We'll see what the Blues are really made of on Sunday afternoon.
This is the first game all season that has been a must win.
The next closest to a must win was in game #4...and they came out on fire and blew the Wild out of their own building.

They just need to win one game then we're coming back home for game #7 with momentum, which they squandered last time.
Allen has been fantastic so far, except for game #5, but he needs to bounce back in a big way...and I think he will. And by "in a big way", I mean IN A REALLY BIG WAY.

Let's win game #6 in OT 1-0 (you know, to give every Blues fan a heart attack). Then win game 7, 5-1.

This series could determine the fate of a number of players and the coaching staff. So if THAT, combined with the desire to win in the playoffs, isn't enough to have them put forth their best and most consistent effort...then they should expect changes.

The Blues are a better team than the Wild. Don't let anyone tell you different. They just need to consistently start playing like it.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Robb_K wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:I think we're still going to win the series. I really do. Game 6 we're going to have our bounce back game/wakeup call whatever you wanna call it. Then game 7 at home. I think we'll take it.
IF everything goes right, and they DO win this series (which I give about 48% chance(slightly short of even), there's no way they are going to win a 7-game series from The Blackhawks, even though they have home ice for the extra game. They've lost 2 home games to The Wild. The Hawks are too fast for them to defend, and The Hawks have a killer instinct and poise and confidence that The Blues don't have.
If they play like they have this round, they'll lose to the blackhawks for sure. Hopefully if they get there they a way to pick up the pace a bit.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

:doh: :lol:

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

You're one classy individual.