Schwartz injured - Fractured Ankle - Out 12 weeks

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: Schwartz injured - Fractured Ankle - Out 12 weeks

Post by ComradeT »

Kerfuffle wrote:A little perspective -

- If he had ankle surgery then 12 weeks seems aggressive and likely not gonna happen. I am currently nursing my fractured right ankle. Broke it on 8/17, surgery 8/26, off crutches 6 weeks later on 10/8 and walking in boot. Out of boot on 10/23. In physical therapy, walking and driving now but ankle is still weak due to atrophy and will take awhile. So I'm at 8.5 weeks since surgery and functional but no way in hell could I skate. I don't think at 12 weeks he would have enough strength. More like 20. When I broke left ankle 8 years ago it took 6 months to fully recover. The hawks lost Rozival during Minnesota series this past May due to fractured ankle and he's still not back.
The Blues website actually says "will be re-evaluated in 12 weeks", which is probably consistent with your scenario of ~20. The next two games will be tough as shit. Blues will be lucky to record points.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

APOD wrote:http://twitter.com/jprutherford/status/658677769245560832 Can't catch a (Franking) break! :facepalm:
...and Elliott is sick.

But I guess Reaves is actually ok, so....YAY or something.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

ComradeT wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:A little perspective -

- If he had ankle surgery then 12 weeks seems aggressive and likely not gonna happen. I am currently nursing my fractured right ankle. Broke it on 8/17, surgery 8/26, off crutches 6 weeks later on 10/8 and walking in boot. Out of boot on 10/23. In physical therapy, walking and driving now but ankle is still weak due to atrophy and will take awhile. So I'm at 8.5 weeks since surgery and functional but no way in hell could I skate. I don't think at 12 weeks he would have enough strength. More like 20. When I broke left ankle 8 years ago it took 6 months to fully recover. The hawks lost Rozival during Minnesota series this past May due to fractured ankle and he's still not back.
The Blues website actually says "will be re-evaluated in 12 weeks", which is probably consistent with your scenario of ~20. The next two games will be tough as shit. Blues will be lucky to record points.
A-yep. Twelve weeks for a broken ankle that required surgery? Unlikely. Then again, not all joint injuries are created equally. Either way, I'm planning for the entire season without him if I'm Hitch/Army.