GDT #12: 11/3/15 | 7:30PM CST | v Kings | NBCSN/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

GDT #12: 11/3/15 | 7:30PM CST | v Kings | NBCSN/KMOX

Post by dmiles2186 »

KINGS (7-4-0) at BLUES (8-2-1)

TV: NBCSN

Season series: Marian Gaborik scored four goals and had an assist over the final two games to help the Los Angeles Kings take two of three against the St. Louis Blues last season. Anze Kopitar had a goal and five assists and Jeff Carter had a goal and four assists. Vladimir Tarasenko had three goals and two assists for the Blues, including a four-point game in a 5-2 victory on Dec. 16, 2014.

Kings team scope: Los Angeles saw its seven-game winning streak end in a 4-2 loss at the Chicago Blackhawks on Monday. "We have to put this one behind it us. It definitely stinks," Kopitar said. "It's not a good feeling right now. We're going into a pretty tough building [Tuesday] night too. We have to make sure we're better prepared and ready to go." Jhonas Enroth is projected to start in goal for Los Angeles after Jonathan Quick played at United Center. Enroth's only other start came in a 4-1 victory Oct. 22 against the San Jose Sharks. Kings defenseman Jamie McBain is questionable after his wife delivered the couple's first child on Monday. Left wing Milan Lucic saw his five-game point streak come to an end in Chicago.

Blues team scope: Right wing Vladimir Tarasenko will return to the lineup after missing one game because of a lower-body injury. Tarasenko was injured in the Blues' 2-1 victory against the Anaheim Ducks on Oct. 29 following a hit by Shawn Horcoff. Tarasenko, who leads the Blues in goals (six) and points (10), practiced Monday and coach Ken Hitchcock declared him ready. "It's like any other player," Hitchcock said. "You want to be able to get through the practice and not have any discomfort and stuff like that, so he's fine; he's good to go." Defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk is doubtful. Shattenkirk practiced Monday, but Hitchcock didn't have a definitive update. "I don't know; we'll see. No real time frame on that right now," he said. Jake Allen, who was named the NHL Second Star of the Week, will start in goal.
The St. Louis Blues have withstood a slew of key injuries to remain near the top of the Western Conference, though their next challenge doesn't figure to get any easier.

The Blues renew acquaintances with a longtime nemesis when the Los Angeles Kings visit St. Louis on Tuesday night for a clash of early season heavyweights.

The Blues (8-2-1) have the second-most wins in the West despite extended absences from forwards Jaden Schwartz, Paul Stastny and Patrik Berglund and defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk. Top scorer Vladimir Tarasenko then missed Saturday's game against Minnesota with a leg injury, but captain David Backes recorded his first two goals of the season and goaltender Jake Allen delivered another strong performance to lead St. Louis to a 3-2 overtime victory.

Backes scored the game-winner with 33.6 seconds remaining in overtime and Allen made 29 saves. He's yielded three goals while starting each of the Blues' three consecutive wins and will get the nod again Tuesday.

''We've got a lot of guys that are playing roles and minutes that they haven't played before and doing a heck of a job,'' coach Ken Hitchcock said. ''You're missing five, six, seven players a night and you're still getting points against really good teams."

Tarasenko, who notched his second career hat trick in a 5-2 win during the Kings' last trip to St. Louis on Dec. 16, is expected to return Tuesday.

The dynamic forward's presence will be welcomed against a Los Angeles team that had won seven straight and appeared on its way to an eighth before Chicago scored three unanswered third-period goals to rally for a 4-2 triumph on Monday.

''If we could have made it 3-1, it probably would have made a big difference,'' Kings coach Darryl Sutter said. ''We just couldn't get the third goal.''

Los Angeles (7-4-0) had scored three or more in its five previous games and totaled 22 during the win streak after mustering just two during an 0-3-0 start. Tyler Toffoli registered eight of his nine goals over the run but was held without a point along with linemates Jeff Carter and Milan Lucic against Chicago.

The trio had combined for 12 goals and nine assists over the five games prior.

Jonathan Quick also played a main role in the Kings' surge, posting a 1.31 goals-against average and .955 save percentage while starting six of the wins. He allowed four goals on 26 shots on Monday, however, and could give way to Jhonas Enroth in the second of a back-to-back.

Enroth was sharp in his lone start this season, tallying 39 saves in a 4-1 victory at San Jose on Oct. 22. The offseason pickup stopped 27 of 29 chances in his only previous start against St. Louis, a 3-0 loss with Buffalo on Feb. 5.

Quick is 7-2-0 with a 1.48 GAA against the Blues in the regular season since 2011-12 and has shined in the Kings' playoff series wins over St. Louis in 2012 and '13, compiling a 1.55 GAA while winning eight of 10 outings.

The Kings also have controlled the regular-season series of late, winning 10 of 13 matchups since 2011-12. They've scored just 11 goals in losing four of their last six in St. Louis including the postseason, however.

Allen, who is 19-6-1 in the regular season at Scottrade Center, had 21 saves in the Dec. 16 win

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GDT #12: 11/3/15 | 7:30PM CST | v Kings | NBCSN/KMOX

Post by cprice12 »

11-03-15_kings.jpg
11-03-15_kings.jpg (101.62 KiB) Viewed 11837 times
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

I miss Blades of Steel.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Back end of back to back nights for the Kings. Take advantage while they're tired?

Blues 4
Kings 2
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Never forget what an asshole Dustin Brown is.

LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

After the long West Coast trip, Blues have caught a little of a break in scheduling. This is the 3rd of the last 5 opponents (Islanders, Wild, and Kings) playing on the back end of consecutive night games. Take advantage of it.

Allen needs to be sharp and defensive zone play needs to be way better than it was versus the Wild on Saturday with the way the Kings have been playing lately.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Kings looked gassed at the end of last night's game. Time to take advantage.

2-0 Blues.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I think the most important thing tonight is this: is Parayko 100%? I know I'm probably putting way too much faith in a rookie but the dude is a freaking game changer. I don't care if it's his 11th game or his 11th season, he can flat out play and he can flat out make a difference in any game--close or otherwise.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

cprice12 wrote:Never forget what an asshole Dustin Brown is.
Yep.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... soc_trk=tw
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

glen a richter wrote:I think the most important thing tonight is this: is Parayko 100%? I know I'm probably putting way too much faith in a rookie but the dude is a freaking game changer. I don't care if it's his 11th game or his 11th season, he can flat out play and he can flat out make a difference in any game--close or otherwise.
Boy he gives you teh bonerz
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

Lets do it, boys.

5-2 Notes
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

goon attack wrote:
glen a richter wrote:I think the most important thing tonight is this: is Parayko 100%? I know I'm probably putting way too much faith in a rookie but the dude is a freaking game changer. I don't care if it's his 11th game or his 11th season, he can flat out play and he can flat out make a difference in any game--close or otherwise.
When was the last time this team had a d-man like Parayko? Not to mention he's a fukkin rookie who will only get better and we have him on the cheap for a decent while. I doubt I'm the only one highly impressed by him.

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

glen a richter wrote:
goon attack wrote:
When was the last time this team had a d-man like Parayko? Not to mention he's a fukkin rookie who will only get better and we have him on the cheap for a decent while. I doubt I'm the only one highly impressed by him.
Not at all. Parayko has been our best defenseman imo, since Shatty left.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Pietrangelo is getting more accurate, he hits the post!

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Cheap boarding call on Reaves. The Blues must kill off this early penalty.

Great save by Allen, robbing Kopitar.

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Great save by Allen, robbing Kopitar.

Great Kill!

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Nice Block by Bortuzzo. I hope he's not hurt. Great kill!

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Blues on the power play! Let's score first in this game!

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Blues on The PP again. Brodziak missed an open-netter!

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Blues are lucky to still be tied after letting The Kings outskate them, and having a great save by Allen vs. Kopitar, and a great block by Bortuzzo. The Blues will need to step it up in The 2nd.