GDT #67: 3/6/16 | 7:00PM CST | @ Wild | NBCSN/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT #67: 3/6/16 | 7:00PM CST | @ Wild | NBCSN/KMOX

Post by ecbm »

Robb_K wrote:The Blues can't get complacent now with the dreaded 3-goal lead.
:lol:

I'm waiting to see a post from you about "the dreaded 5-goal lead"...

tjk002
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by tjk002 »

So I was sitting first row behind the bench in Minnesota last night. After we gave up the first goal, Shatty came off the ice and got into a bit of an argument with Hitch stating that it wasn't his fault, that Jaskin coughed up the puck. It seems that Hitch and Shatty don't see eye to eye. Brad Shaw calmed the situation down. Not sure what to make of that, but thought I'd throw that out there.

PGABluesFan
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by PGABluesFan »

ecbm wrote:
Robb_K wrote:The Blues can't get complacent now with the dreaded 3-goal lead.
:lol:

I'm waiting to see a post from you about "the dreaded 5-goal lead"...
As they say...."the 5 goal lead is the most dangerous lead in hockey"

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

What I don't get is if Hitch has his love affair with veterans, no matter how useless they may be, how come Jaskin is getting NHL time and Rattie isn't when A) Rattie is clearly better and B) they both came out of the same draft? It's not like Jaskin is a grizzly vet.

Our head coach is an enigma.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

glen a richter wrote:What I don't get is if Hitch has his love affair with veterans, no matter how useless they may be, how come Jaskin is getting NHL time and Rattie isn't when A) Rattie is clearly better and B) they both came out of the same draft? It's not like Jaskin is a grizzly vet.

Our head coach is an enigma.
Size and shot

6'2 217 Leftie
6'0 178 Rightie - and the Blues have too many righties already.

Paajarvi 6 '3 208 Leftie - just to throw it out there.

That's the only thing I've got with Hitch's emphasis on the "heavy" game which isn't really required any more. It's not like the Blues have enough size elsewhere.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

Toasted Oates
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Toasted Oates »

tjk002 wrote:So I was sitting first row behind the bench in Minnesota last night. After we gave up the first goal, Shatty came off the ice and got into a bit of an argument with Hitch stating that it wasn't his fault, that Jaskin coughed up the puck. It seems that Hitch and Shatty don't see eye to eye. Brad Shaw calmed the situation down. Not sure what to make of that, but thought I'd throw that out there.
To be fair, this kind of stuff happens in sports. You're in the heat of the moment and coaches/players can butt heads.

Having said that, JR, in his March. 4th weekly chat on STLtoday, offered a quote from a player when answering a question about the locker room: "We don't have time to worry about what Hitch is doing every day, we just play."

Should be a hell of a ride down the stretch.
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko (UPDATE: FOUND! Ryan O' Reilly. July 1, 2018).
2017-2018 LGB sponsor of a damn fine rearguard, Capt. Alex Pietrangelo.
2018-2019 LGB sponsor of the 2nd greatest Joel in Blues history, #6 Joel "Eddy" Edmundson.