GDT Game 7: 4/25/16 | 7:30PM CST | v Hawks | NBCSN/FSMW/Y98

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT Game 7: 4/25/16 | 7:30PM CST | v Hawks | NBCSN/FSMW/

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

It's hard to believe what happened
I feel like Dallas is in for a beating.
I look for the St Louis bigs to play a much larger role on the offensive side against Dallas.

So nice for them to beat Chicago. Ugh, so freakin happy!

Sent from my R2 unit

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Stastny deserves a lot of credit. He wins faceoffs and id dependable. His pass to Fabbri was brilliant.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Wow. What a game. Great series of passes to set up the winner; I don't give a shit who gets the credit. They got it done. Bring on the Stars-if you can beat the Blackhawks you can beat anyone.

(Doesn't hurt that the Kings are out. Would love to see the Ducks join them...)

:letsgoblues: :goblues: :plusplus:
:woohoo:

California Blues
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by California Blues »

That felt SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good...and still does.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

zerogoals.jpg
zerogoals.jpg (88.35 KiB) Viewed 6032 times
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

I'm still on cloud9!

#WooHoo

2019-20 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2018-19 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2017-18 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

I'm still on cloud9!

#WooHoo

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

My friend texts me Tuesday night on my way back from work to tell me if the Blues win he wins $90. So I asked him if it was 90 on the game or the series, he says the series. So good for him, he's got 3 chances since they were up 3-1 at the time. I text him this morning to congratulate him on the found money and he tells me he didn't win it because they didn't win their series before his opponents matchup ended. Crap deal for him, he's a rangers fan. He lost out on a first round win and $90.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

glen a richter wrote:My friend texts me Tuesday night on my way back from work to tell me if the Blues win he wins $90. So I asked him if it was 90 on the game or the series, he says the series. So good for him, he's got 3 chances since they were up 3-1 at the time. I text him this morning to congratulate him on the found money and he tells me he didn't win it because they didn't win their series before his opponents matchup ended. Crap deal for him, he's a rangers fan. He lost out on a first round win and $90.
I never cease to be amazed by the ways people risk their money. If this...then this...if only that...then this....

Just enjoy the games!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:My friend texts me Tuesday night on my way back from work to tell me if the Blues win he wins $90. So I asked him if it was 90 on the game or the series, he says the series. So good for him, he's got 3 chances since they were up 3-1 at the time. I text him this morning to congratulate him on the found money and he tells me he didn't win it because they didn't win their series before his opponents matchup ended. Crap deal for him, he's a rangers fan. He lost out on a first round win and $90.
By the way, glen, are you gloating to everyone how the Rangers are out of it and the Blues are still standing? Because if you aren't, you should be.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Couple day after thoughts:

-While I pretty adamantly hate making too much of 1 play or 1 game, the Brouwer/Oshie trade looks a little better today. I mean, it has looked pretty good for a few months, but you know what I mean.

-Any time we play puck possession around the boards and aren't scoring, the team should be required to recite this ad nauseam:
https://twitter.com/jprutherford/status/724811585299058688 -Winning this series is so amazingly awesome. Not just winning it, but HOW we won it. Against the Hawks. With a seemingly never-ending stream of adversity (that was at times self-created). Next series I'd be perfectly fine NOT needing to bounce back from blowing 2 goal leads, but feels so awesome to see that they have figured out how.

-This still feels like we won the west. I hope the team doesn't feel that way (more work to do), but if they can win this series and how it played out, they can beat anybody. That said, they need to actually do it. We may be the hardest 25% of the way there, but still just 25% of the way. This is essentially all for naught if we lose to Dallas.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:
By the way, glen, are you gloating to everyone how the Rangers are out of it and the Blues are still standing? Because if you aren't, you should be.
Oh you bet I am.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

cardsfan04 wrote:Couple day after thoughts:

-While I pretty adamantly hate making too much of 1 play or 1 game, the Brouwer/Oshie trade looks a little better today. I mean, it has looked pretty good for a few months, but you know what I mean.

-Any time we play puck possession around the boards and aren't scoring, the team should be required to recite this ad nauseam:
https://twitter.com/jprutherford/status/724811585299058688 -Winning this series is so amazingly awesome. Not just winning it, but HOW we won it. Against the Hawks. With a seemingly never-ending stream of adversity (that was at times self-created). Next series I'd be perfectly fine NOT needing to bounce back from blowing 2 goal leads, but feels so awesome to see that they have figured out how.

-This still feels like we won the west. I hope the team doesn't feel that way (more work to do), but if they can win this series and how it played out, they can beat anybody. That said, they need to actually do it. We may be the hardest 25% of the way there, but still just 25% of the way. This is essentially all for naught if we lose to Dallas.
I get the quote, but as a New Yorker, Pizza Hut ain't pizza any more than French fries are French.

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

I want to enjoy the moment but I must ask the inevitable question:

If the Blues go far, does Elliot get resigned after this (his salary would go up drastically) and remain our constant goaltender for the next several seasons?

Or, with Elliot's value at a sky high, do we trade him and get some all-star offense in return?
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

glen a richter wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:Couple day after thoughts:

I get the quote, but as a New Yorker, Pizza Hut ain't pizza any more than French fries are French.
Don't be that guy.
Pizza is different everywhere...that's what makes it great. :wink:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

xbleed83bluex wrote:I want to enjoy the moment but I must ask the inevitable question:

If the Blues go far, does Elliot get resigned after this (his salary would go up drastically) and remain our constant goaltender for the next several seasons?

Or, with Elliot's value at a sky high, do we trade him and get some all-star offense in return?
Tough, tough question. As of today, my gut feeling would be that it would be hard to let Ells walk if he takes us far (or even to that unthinkable place that I dare not speak right now). But the more money he commands, that means the less we can keep guys elsewhere on our roster. I think we're getting to a point where it's either Allen or Elliott and Jake could have a pretty nice trade value just because he's still in his mid-20's and has put up some good numbers.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

If Ells demands too much money you really can't bring him back. Too many guys will be due big raises and you can't put all your eggs into goal.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

glen a richter wrote:If Ells demands too much money you really can't bring him back. Too many guys will be due big raises and you can't put all your eggs into goal.
You can if your goalie is a Roy, Hasek or Brodeur. But I don't think any starting goalie in today's NHL is at the level where you need to lock them up whatever the price.

Unless I'm wrong, Elliott has one more year on his contract. If so, the way he plays next season will probably have a bigger impact on his next contract than what happens the next few weeks.

Backtracking a little, just looking at the names above makes me appreciative that I got to watch some of the best goalies of all time in their heyday. :okman:

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

All day today just in a euphoria. Hard to believe, it really is. Been a non stop smile show since last night.

Hitch and the coaching staff are going to have a really hard time bringing these guys back down to earth. It's a great problem to have but still a problem. Hopefully once the games start back again that realism will come back and hit them in the face.

One great thing is that the next series starts in Dallas: No immediate pressure to win back to back games on home ice.

A "win" would be a split in those first two and that takes a considerable amount of immediate pressure off of the team I feel like.

As for Elliott: Yes, both he and Allen have one year left on their deals so nothing immediate has to happen at least.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

Seven pages and no Kerfuffle... :lol:
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)