Prince of Wales Conference Final - Pittsburgh v Tampa

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Prince of Wales Conference Final - Pittsburgh v Tampa

Post by Kreegz2 »

American sports should take a page out of Europe's book and designate a section or two as the away fans' section. It would lead to a much more enthusiastic atmosphere for both the home and away fans IMO.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

Fradi
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Fradi »

Indeed. Don't get why aren't there away sections in North American leagues. Obviously not always needed, but if there are at least 50-100 away fans it would make sense.
2015-16 Sponsor of a true hero: Steve Ott

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

gaijin wrote:I'm with ecbm on this one. How can you, from a legal standpoint, exert authority over what people wear (aside from the normal legal precedent of attire that covers the appropriate wobbly bits and is not profane)? I honestly can't believe policies like this are legal.
Yep agreed and it was ridiculous in last year's SCF hence i want the pens to wipe out Tampa so they can't do it again this year. Nashville has the same policy but even takes it another step further by denying entrance at the gate - if you aren't wearing Nashville attire and have legitimate resale tickets you don't get in. Also they were so paranoid about hawks fans cheering the national anthem that they asked the whole stadium to sing along during our first round matchup last season. Really? A team is so paranoid about the visiting teams fans that they need to institute rules on the national anthem?? Ridiculous. Thankfully the blues don't do any of this crap so I am able to watch a game down there and have a lot of fun. I detailed out my experience back in November at scotttrade in another thread - I really like the stadium and the area and the vast majority of people were cool.

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

Kreegz2 wrote:American sports should take a page out of Europe's book and designate a section or two as the away fans' section. It would lead to a much more enthusiastic atmosphere for both the home and away fans IMO.
NCAA football does this in every stadium, as well.
2019-20 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2018-19 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2017-18 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

wow what a finish!!