GDT Game 7: 5/11/16 | 7:00PM CST | @ Stars | NBCSN/Y98

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: GDT Game 7: 5/11/16 | 7:00PM CST | @ Stars | NBCSN/Y98

Post by gaijin »

fargoblues wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
fargoblues wrote:Good news: No pee-air tonight.
Bad news: Doc and Eddie O.
You don't like doc and Eddie O? Why?
Doc I generally don't mind, and since we're not playing a team in red or the Penguins I think he'll do a fine job.

Eddie O, well, that's a horse of a different color. His analysis is generally good, but he brings a pretty significant taint to the table. Not surprised you don't see it though.... :wink:

EDIT: I see others have answered this in a much more genteel way than I have. ++ :thumbsup:
Please, no more talk about Eddie O's taint.

Kremzeek
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Kremzeek »

Kerfwaffle, I normally don't mind your enrichment's to this website, but in this instance you're littering our visual spectrum with rubbish. E.O. = wishes he worked for the Blacawks.
:goblues:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

The optimist in me says the Blues have been the better overall team in this series and therefore have a decent shot to win this game...but the pessimist in me says this game can go either way and Dallas has a high powered quick strike offense that coule put up a few goals in short order like in game 6.

If the Blues play like they did in game 6, they should win tonight. Dallas was very opportunistic in their chances, the Blues dominated play for 90% of the game and the Stars had to hold on for dear life. If we play the same, we SHOULD win this game rather easily...unless Lehtonen stands on his head.

The Stars haven't played a great game since game 1. That was by far their best game in the series.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Kremzeek wrote:Kerfwaffle, I normally don't mind your enrichment's to this website, but in this instance you're littering our visual spectrum with rubbish. E.O. = wishes he worked for the Blacawks.
KREMZEEK!

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

dmiles2186 wrote:Eddie O once described an Olympic game between the US and Canada as 'tremendously tremendous.' So...
Yes he can be annoying at times I agree - we hate his 'Stop it right there' call but in general I really like his game analysis

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Kerfuffle wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote: Just going to point out that you're a Hawk fan not seeing pro-Hawk bias, the same one that was surprised that Blues fans would dislike Keith. That's not a criticism. Just an observation that people tend to miss bias when they agree with that bias.
I didn't understand the Keith thing cause nothing happened this year involving the Blues and him so I was wondering why he was being booed in game 1 and 2 when he touched the puck. It seemed to me Blues fans wouldn't care about his suspension from his hit on a Wild player. And the Wakey Wakey thing if it happened was 2 years ago and he never got booed during the regular season so I don't think it was tied to that.
I'm just saying that a hawk fan not seeing a hawk broadcaster's bias when calling games doesn't mean the bias doesn't exist. As a rule, fans tend to think most broadcasters are against their team, but I think there's legit bias from Olczyk, not necessarily against the Blues, but pro-blackhawks. I don't know if we'll see bias tonight or not.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Kremzeek
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Kremzeek »

gaijin wrote:
Kremzeek wrote:Kerfwaffle, I normally don't mind your enrichment's to this website, but in this instance you're littering our visual spectrum with rubbish. E.O. = wishes he worked for the Blacawks.
KREMZEEK!
Dang, I lost a bet that no one would figure it out. Well played good sir. :okman:

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Kerfuffle wrote:
fargoblues wrote: Doc I generally don't mind, and since we're not playing a team in red or the Penguins I think he'll do a fine job.

Eddie O, well, that's a horse of a different color. His analysis is generally good, but he brings a pretty significant taint to the table. Not surprised you don't see it though.... :wink:

EDIT: I see others have answered this in a much more genteel way than I have. ++ :thumbsup:
But the Hawks aren't playing tonight so which team would he be biased against in game 7 tonight? Both teams are in our division.

EDIT: the Capitals on their board thought Eddie O was biased against them because he coached for Pittsburgh years ago. I get this brought up on multiple boards and everyone thinks he is biased against their team.
I feel like most national broadcasters with ties (or former ties) to teams get this from all sides. Take Joe Buck for instance. He's talked about it many times where in a game, he'll be accused of favoring the other team. Then the other team's (the team he's supposedly favoring) fans will accuse him of favoring their opponent.

Of course he always gets accused of a bias towards the Cardinals, but then there will be Cardinals fans who accuse him of a bias of their opponent because he abandoned the Cardinals and wants nothing to do with it.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Kremzeek
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Kremzeek »

Tonight I'd like to see 6 instead of 41, 75 instead of 23, goalies I'd take Allen but would be fine with Elliot. A win and more kisses. Insert Downtown Jamie comment. :oops:
Attachments
75k.png
75k.png (170.05 KiB) Viewed 4270 times

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

dmiles2186 wrote:Eddie O once described an Olympic game between the US and Canada as 'tremendously tremendous.' So...

I can see how some don't like Doc though. I think he's great...he's so calm and relaxed in the moment of a chaotic sport. Yeah his 'knifed,' 'skittered,' etc. calls are a bit annoying at times, but better than calling something the same way.
dmiles2186 squibs one out front! SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! :lol:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
fargoblues wrote: Doc I generally don't mind, and since we're not playing a team in red or the Penguins I think he'll do a fine job.

But the Hawks aren't playing tonight so which team would he be biased against in game 7 tonight? Both teams are in our division.

EDIT: the Capitals on their board thought Eddie O was biased against them because he coached for Pittsburgh years ago. I get this brought up on multiple boards and everyone thinks he is biased against their team.
I feel like most national broadcasters with ties (or former ties) to teams get this from all sides. Take Joe Buck for instance. He's talked about it many times where in a game, he'll be accused of favoring the other team. Then the other team's (the team he's supposedly favoring) fans will accuse him of favoring their opponent.

Of course he always gets accused of a bias towards the Cardinals, but then there will be Cardinals fans who accuse him of a bias of their opponent because he abandoned the Cardinals and wants nothing to do with it.
For the record...Joe Buck is awesome.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Portland Blues wrote:

I can see how some don't like Doc though. I think he's great...he's so calm and relaxed in the moment of a chaotic sport. Yeah his 'knifed,' 'skittered,' etc. calls are a bit annoying at times, but better than calling something the same way.
dmiles2186 squibs one out front! SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! :lol:
Doc, dmiles2186 learned long ago in the far reaches of junior hockey for the Manitoba Moose by way of the Moose Jaw Manitobas. Now here he is, fresh out of a stop with the Saskatchewan Saskatchewanies making a big impact, Doc and Edzo.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Emrick is the most horrific play by play hockey announcer in NHL history
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Kerfuffle wrote:
Yes he can be annoying at times I agree - we hate his 'Stop it right there' call but in general I really like his game analysis
No. He is a former Blackhawk douche nozzle who will take any opportunity to denigrate the Blues regardless of the opponent. But, clearly, the Blackhawks-colored glasses wearing fan is incapable of seeing this. As others have said, not surprised by the lack of objectivity regarding a former Blackhawk player from a Blackhawks fan. :roll:
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

goon attack wrote:Emrick is the most horrific play by play hockey announcer in NHL history
Blasphemy.
Although, he really did severely butcher Kane's OT goal that won the cup for Chicago...but in his defense, nobody saw the puck go in except Kane.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

"Tonight is a must win game." --Bernie Federko, probably.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

theohall wrote: No. He is a former Blackhawk douche nozzle who will take any opportunity to denigrate the Blues regardless of the opponent. But, clearly, the Blackhawks-colored glasses wearing fan is incapable of seeing this. As others have said, not surprised by the lack of objectivity regarding a former Blackhawk player from a Blackhawks fan. :roll:
He played for 6 teams total - the majority of which were NOT with the Blackhawks. Never once has he 'denigrated' the Blues or any other teams for that matter. Don't like him? Fine - but get your facts straight.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

cprice12 wrote: For the record...Joe Buck is awesome.
Agreed - love him when he calls the World Series. I liked his dad too - Jack Buck was a legend.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

dmiles2186 wrote:"Tonight is a must win game." --Bernie Federko, probably.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh Bernie...

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

theohall wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
No. He is a former Blackhawk douche nozzle who will take any opportunity to denigrate the Blues regardless of the opponent. But, clearly, the Blackhawks-colored glasses wearing fan is incapable of seeing this. As others have said, not surprised by the lack of objectivity regarding a former Blackhawk player from a Blackhawks fan. :roll:
This discussion is like a repeat of this argument with Kerfuffle about a year ago. He still doesn't see it.
http://www.letsgoblues.com/forums/2/311 ... 60#p615537
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now