With Backes gone, who is the new Captain?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Who should become the new Captain of the St. Louis Blues?

Pietrangelo
65%
Tarasenko
15%
Steen
15%
Parayko
No votes
Stastny
5%
Other (Write below)
No votes

Total votes: 20

crazyhorse
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Re: With Backes gone, who is the new Captain?

Post by crazyhorse »

C Steen
A Pietrangelo
A. Tarasenko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012-2013 official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka
2013-2014 official LGB sponsor of Ryan Miller
2014-2015 official LGB sponsor of Alexander Steen
2015-2016 official LGB sponsor of Kyle Brodziak
2016-2017 official LGB sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 official LGB sponsor of Scotty Upshall
2018-2019 official LGB sponsor of Brayden Schenn

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Pietrangelo should get it, as Steen may well be gone after next season.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

This is Tarasenko's team, now. There's no question.

You can make a case for other guys, but part of the reason Backes walked is that it was time to change the room - and clearly Backes and Tank had some disagreements at times.

Now, knowing hitch, some other joker will be captain... thank god ott is gone, lol.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

beat2life
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beat2life »

heard a rumor from someone close to the situation, he says Pietrangelo.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:This is Tarasenko's team, now. There's no question.

You can make a case for other guys, but part of the reason Backes walked is that it was time to change the room - and clearly Backes and Tank had some disagreements at times.

Now, knowing hitch, some other joker will be captain... thank god ott is gone, lol.
Yes Tank is the #1 player on the Blues no question - but that doesn't mean he should be the captain. I still say Steen should get it but Pietro would also be a good choice. Tank does not have the maturity yet to be a leader. Kane is our #1 on the team but I wouldn't want to see the A or C anywhere on his jersey. So best player does not equal captain suitability. Tank's problem was how he dealt with Hitch in game 6 against us - you just can't show up your coach like that in a playoff game.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

I understand the sentiment for Pietrangelo-tenured, skilled, on the ice a lot. He's had the A...but...I've never seen what I felt was real leadership from him. He strikes me as not exactly liking the limelight. He'd be a good choice but I'm going with Tarasenko-this has to be his team going forward.
Kerfuffle wrote:Yes Tank is the #1 player on the Blues no question - but that doesn't mean he should be the captain...Tank does not have the maturity yet to be a leader. Kane is our #1 on the team but I wouldn't want to see the A or C anywhere on his jersey.
Two very different players here. I don't mean it pejoratively when I point out that Kane is way more of a dangler and selfish player-again, which he should be given his skills and disposition. Personality-wise, Tank is much more similar to Toews. He's mature for his years in a way that makes him seem overly serious and occasionally boring. He's married with a kid at 24 and has been step-parenting for a few years. His father and grandfather are coaches and he captained the Russians at juniors-we all know about the expectations on Russian national hockey teams.

Steen would be a good choice too but yeah, you'd want to extend him. No need for three captains in three seasons.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Who gives a crap? Just win the motherfucking cup already. :?
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller