Question

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

crazyhorse
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Question

Post by crazyhorse »

Probably a silly question. I know Jake Walman is the up and comer. But, whatever happened to Petteri Linbohm? I thought by now he would be a defensive contender?
Asking for a friend :lol:
2012-2013 official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka
2013-2014 official LGB sponsor of Ryan Miller
2014-2015 official LGB sponsor of Alexander Steen
2015-2016 official LGB sponsor of Kyle Brodziak
2016-2017 official LGB sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 official LGB sponsor of Scotty Upshall
2018-2019 official LGB sponsor of Brayden Schenn

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Question

Post by theohall »

Not a silly question at all.

Lindbohm is no longer with the organization. He wasn't even tendered an offer this off-season and signed with Lausanne HC of the Swiss Elite League.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Question

Post by glen a richter »

The list of defensive up and comers for this organization was once deep but so many of them failed to pan out for one reason or another and now it's thinner than my hairline. The 2019 draft needs to be used as a means of replenishing the defensive pipeline because Walman and Mikkola alone aren't going to be enough.

In five seasons, we're looking at Parayko, Edmundson, Dunn, Schmaltz, Mikkola, Walman... I suppose not terrible but not terribly inspiring, if better options come available through strong drafting. After that top 3 and whatever Walman ends up providing, it's not the defense I'd want moving forward if you can draft a guy who's a better option in place of Schmaltz or Mikkola.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024