Evander Kane

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Evander Kane

Post by glen a richter »

Thoughts?

I'm inclined to think that his future ex wife is just batshit crazy, mentally unstable, and going rock bottom low to smear him during a time where their marriage is coming undone at the seams, but then again I'm also looking through the lens as someone who's ex wife was batshit crazy, mentally unstable and had no problem making things up to smear me.

That said, if the allegations are true, this goes beyond anything Pete Rose ever did. At least Rose bet on his team to win. If Kane was throwing games because he was betting on his team to lose the punishment should be infinitely more severe than anything MLB shelled out to Charlie Hustle. As far as I'm concerned Rose should be in the HOF as a player because, unless I'm mistaken on the facts, all the gambling allegations came when he was managing, not when he was playing. But as far as Kane goes, this is a whole other ballgame and if the facts show he was doing what his wife says he was doing he can kiss his NHL career goodbye but would that even be enough?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Evander Kane

Post by theohall »

I don't know if she's bat shit crazy or not, but it's pretty easy to check cell phone records and see if someone left said messages and then didn't make contact for a week. Given Vegas sued Kane and he filed for bankruptcy two years ago, my bet is the wife isn't crazy and Evander Kane has a serious problem. Everything she said, other than the gambling, is easily verifiable. The gambling part - just follow the money and that's easy to figure out, too, especially in the NHL's new world of "legalized" gambling. It looks like a guy running away from his responsibilities, because he has a problem and she wasn't getting any results trying to keep it private.

If he did tell his pregnant wife and their daughter to vacate the premises and leave the key under the mat, he likely has no clue what he's doing and is completely screwed when this gets to divorce court. That's a great look for the Sharks. Wonder how they are going to handle it.

Given Kane's background, he is probably the one who is batshit crazy.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

I practiced family law for 6 years out of law school. There's a reason I don't practice it anymore.

People going through a separation or divorce are emotional, hurt, and 5,000 other emotions. The allegations that people make against each other in such situations are all over the place and often crazy-town.

The NHL is looking into it. I don't place any stock in the allegations on their own.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

it's all true. dude is a pos
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller