The In MF21 1/8 @ Cicero's 11/8! Sat Night

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

SmokeMorePot
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SmokeMorePot »

TC wrote:
Mayersfan21 wrote:
TC wrote:damn, how the hell'd you get that gig?

I was in line at the Creapy and I talked to your guys manager....

:lol: :wink: :lol:
you're a funny guy, sully - that's why i'm going to kill you last.
I lied.
ImageImageImage

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Whoring it up! BUMP!

Anyone who needs a ticket please PM me and I will send them to your address tomorrow.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

if you've never played a stage that big, just remember, move in close to each other and don't try to fill up the whole stage.

Played there one time. I worked there briefly when it first opened. Worked the Hanson show :lol: The Roots, Foo Fighters. Saw Velvet Revolver, King Crimson, Patti Smith others.....great place if you're in the balcony, otherwise I don't like it.

I think the room sounds horrible. The house sound guy is a close friend of mine. :lol:

Good luck with the show.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

amusiac wrote:
TC wrote:creepy is moving to a place with at least double the capacity, more in south city area i believe.
I imagine that they're probably getting that bigger space for about the same price as the old place on Tucker. With all the lofts and sh!t going in there, I imagine rents have skyrocketed.

Good to hear, though.
rocket has re-opened.
That must have happened recently, because their website still says they're closed for good.
my car got broken into during a radio iodine show at the side door.
I loved the Side Door, especially when you didn't actually enter through the side door, and had to walk through the restaurant, through the door in the back, to get in to the club.
Rocket is not reopened nor will it be. The space has been remodeled (with an obsecene amount of money) and reopened as Nectar, co-owned by Pablo and the owners of Pepper Lounge.

btw, Creepy is moving right off Grand by the Fox Theatre, or so I've heard.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

SmokeMorePot
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SmokeMorePot »

goon attack wrote:if you've never played a stage that big, just remember, move in close to each other and don't try to fill up the whole stage.

Played there one time. I worked there briefly when it first opened. Worked the Hanson show :lol: The Roots, Foo Fighters. Saw Velvet Revolver, King Crimson, Patti Smith others.....great place if you're in the balcony, otherwise I don't like it.

I think the room sounds horrible. The house sound guy is a close friend of mine. :lol:

Good luck with the show.

Wow....You are a musician?? I didn't realize there was such a thing as the Electric Skin Flute
ImageImageImage

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

SmokeMorePot wrote:

Wow....You are a musician?? I didn't realize there was such a thing as the Electric Skin Flute
Why does it have to be electric?

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

goon attack wrote:
SmokeMorePot wrote:

Why does it have to be electric?
Because Diamondhead says so.

kmeyer
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by kmeyer »

TC wrote:creepy is moving to a place with at least double the capacity, more in south city area i believe.

rocket has re-opened.

That is going back......if I recall, a few of them were in the local industrial band, Voice of God........

My most memorable show at the Side Door was when I was in Julia Sets and we opened for Bright Eyes (a no-name back then) and the Gunga Din.........
LGB Sponsor of #19 D.J. King, #46 Zack Stortini, and Notre Dame hockey

amusiac
All-Star
All-Star

Post by amusiac »

kmeyer wrote:My most memorable show at the Side Door was when I was in Julia Sets and we opened for Bright Eyes (a no-name back then) and the Gunga Din.........
You were in Julia Sets? I really liked them. I probably saw you play at some point then...I ended up at apparently every show where Julia Sets opened for some national act for a while. Well, not really, because I didn't go to that Bright Eyes show.

I always loved the free drink question at the Side Door -- I only got it right the one time, when I knew where the name Sweep the Leg Johnny came from.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

goon attack wrote:if you've never played a stage that big, just remember, move in close to each other and don't try to fill up the whole stage.

Good luck with the show.
I played there 3 times with Occasionally Stirred a few years back.

I don't plan on being as spread out as this:

Seems a little bit dilluted to have people so far apart.

What do you play GooN?

TC

Post by TC »

kmeyer wrote:

rocket has re-opened.

That is going back......if I recall, a few of them were in the local industrial band, Voice of God........

My most memorable show at the Side Door was when I was in Julia Sets and we opened for Bright Eyes (a no-name back then) and the Gunga Din.........
my friends. i teched for them.

all LGB band?

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

TC wrote: all LGB band?
Dibs on the cowbell.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

I'll take recipe for disaster for 800 Alex....

TC- METAL- Not sellout metallica sh!t mind you! (Drummer)

Kmeyer- Country and Rockabilly(Bass- Right?)

MF21- Progressive Rock (Sax/Tpt/Aux perc.)

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Mayersfan21 wrote:I'll take recipe for disaster for 800 Alex....

puck777 - skin flute

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Hollywood wrote:
Mayersfan21 wrote:I'll take recipe for disaster for 800 Alex....

puck777 - skin flute
Tommy - organ
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

the knob wrote:
TC wrote: all LGB band?
Dibs on the cowbell.
DAMN!!! Beat me to it.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Nice- So who all is actually coming to this shindig?

SmokeMorePot
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SmokeMorePot »

Mayersfan21 wrote:Nice- So who all is actually coming to this shindig?
Free tickets right.....I'm not paying to watch Fred Flintstone play the electric Tuba. And free deli tray in the VIP lounge....and no brown Skittles.
ImageImageImage

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

SmokeMorePot wrote:
Mayersfan21 wrote:Nice- So who all is actually coming to this shindig?
Free tickets right.....I'm not paying to watch Fred Flintstone play the electric Tuba. And free deli tray in the VIP lounge....and no brown Skittles.
:lol:

I'll be there right after the football game. Will be bringing 3 other people with me. A co-worker & her friend will be ther eas well. Don't fvckin' embarrass me Fred.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

I'm bumping this like the cheap self promoting whore that I am!!!

A guy in a Jonathan Cour T-shirt will be passing out free tix in front of the Pageant until about 9:30 if you can find him and he still has some promotional tix. 5 dollar cover if you can't find him or don't want to talk to anyone. :)

I hope to see you all tonight.

Confirmed are

StlBluz
SmokemorePot