new random observation thread

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: new random observation thread

Post by Blueline29 »

So I'm awake now because I'm waiting for DHL to drop off my printer (could be soon, could be 12 hours from now....such is the beauty of DHL :? ) and am watching an episode of Dirty Jobs. In it, Mike Rowe uses a phrase that could, quite possibly, be the greatest potential-band-name in the history of mankind: Industrial Anus.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Blueline29 wrote:So I'm awake now because I'm waiting for DHL to drop off my printer (could be soon, could be 12 hours from now....such is the beauty of DHL :? ) and am watching an episode of Dirty Jobs. In it, Mike Rowe uses a phrase that could, quite possibly, be the greatest potential-band-name in the history of mankind: Industrial Anus.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Blues Fan in SF »

Blueline29 wrote:Mike Rowe uses a phrase that could, quite possibly, be the greatest potential-band-name in the history of mankind: Industrial Anus.
I liked "Sonic Death Monkey" better.
"Don't need it proven
don't want to listen
don't need a tour
of the pieces I'm missing..."

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Here's a random question for the random observation thread: how much do you usually tip for curbside pickup at a restaurant? I've started using them just recently (easier than taking a newborn to a restaurant) but I'm not sure what the tipping etiquette is. I usually give them a couple dollars since I figure it's less work to bring my food to my car than actually wait on me at a table inside.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

big d note wrote:Here's a random question for the random observation thread: how much do you usually tip for curbside pickup at a restaurant? I've started using them just recently (easier than taking a newborn to a restaurant) but I'm not sure what the tipping etiquette is. I usually give them a couple dollars since I figure it's less work to bring my food to my car than actually wait on me at a table inside.

Why tip someone for a job I'm capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I did however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

big d note wrote:Here's a random question for the random observation thread: how much do you usually tip for curbside pickup at a restaurant? I've started using them just recently (easier than taking a newborn to a restaurant) but I'm not sure what the tipping etiquette is. I usually give them a couple dollars since I figure it's less work to bring my food to my car than actually wait on me at a table inside.
I consider myself a generous tipper, and I would say that is more than enough. I don’t have experience with curbside pick-up, but I still don’t think that amount of work justifies anymore than that.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

I usually give them like 2 bucks. I think I've given them $3 once or twice because it was really cold outside or I had a big order. My wife thought we should tip more but I didn't see the point. I don't tip anything for the people at Sonic, because I still consider that like any fast food even though they don't have a drive-thru.

true2foo
Prospect
Prospect

Post by true2foo »

Blueline29 wrote:So I'm awake now because I'm waiting for DHL to drop off my printer (could be soon, could be 12 hours from now....such is the beauty of DHL :? ) and am watching an episode of Dirty Jobs. In it, Mike Rowe uses a phrase that could, quite possibly, be the greatest potential-band-name in the history of mankind: Industrial Anus.

NICE!

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

SIU LAW wrote:
I consider myself a generous tipper, and I would say that is more than enough. I don’t have experience with curbside pick-up, but I still don’t think that amount of work justifies anymore than that.
Tipping for curbside pickup? You mean like at Chili's?
I don't think it warrants tipping at all...and I consider myself a good tipper. I tip 20-25% based on the level of service.

With curbside service, the only thing they are doing is walking your food to your car. They don't fill or refill your drinks, they don't remove your dirty dishes, get you more bread or butter, or make a couple visits just to see how things are...and they don't cook the food. And to be honest...half of the time I have to walk in to get my food because they don't come out.

Curbside service isn't that unlike going through a drive-thru at McDonalds....except they may walk 20 ft. farther to your car...and sometimes fast food drive-thrus have you pull around because the food will be a couple minutes, and then they walk it out to your car. THAT, is exactly the same as curbside service...and I doubt anyone tips those people.

Pizza delivery guys bring the pizza to your home...so tipping them is understandable.

Buffet meals warrant a smaller tip since I am getting all of the food myself. The only thing the waiter/waitress is doing is refilling drinks and removing plates. They aren't taking an order, nor do they bring the food to the table. They aren't doing anything special to warrant a 20-25% tip. I might leave a couple bucks tip MAX for a buffet meal.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

I wouldn't tip for that either. Two bucks is more than they expect.

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Has there ever been a music video--in all the history of music videos--more abitrarily disturbing than "Total Eclipse of the Heart," by Bonnie Tyler?

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Blueline29 wrote:Has there ever been a music video--in all the history of music videos--more abitrarily disturbing than "Total Eclipse of the Heart," by Bonnie Tyler?
If you mean "Has there ever in the history of filmmaking been better special effects?" Then the answer is a resounding "No".

:lol:

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Portland Blues wrote:
Blueline29 wrote:Has there ever been a music video--in all the history of music videos--more abitrarily disturbing than "Total Eclipse of the Heart," by Bonnie Tyler?
If you mean "Has there ever in the history of filmmaking been better special effects?" Then the answer is a resounding "No".

:lol:
That, seriously, was one of the most franked-up things I've ever seen, and I have seen some franked-up stuff in my day, believe me. I mean, ninjas spontaneously appearing in a church and doing kicks and shit in the aisle? Wow. :lol:

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

cprice12 wrote:
Buffet meals warrant a smaller tip since I am getting all of the food myself. The only thing the waiter/waitress is doing is refilling drinks and removing plates. They aren't taking an order, nor do they bring the food to the table. They aren't doing anything special to warrant a 20-25% tip. I might leave a couple bucks tip MAX for a buffet meal.
Being as I worked in one of those places in high school.. Who do you think stocks the buffett?

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

cprice12 wrote:Tipping for curbside pickup? You mean like at Chili's?
I don't think it warrants tipping at all...and I consider myself a good tipper. I tip 20-25% based on the level of service.

With curbside service, the only thing they are doing is walking your food to your car. They don't fill or refill your drinks, they don't remove your dirty dishes, get you more bread or butter, or make a couple visits just to see how things are...and they don't cook the food. And to be honest...half of the time I have to walk in to get my food because they don't come out.
I figure they take my order over the phone and bring it out to my car in 15 degree weather, usually several trips back and forth with the food and the bill, that's worth a couple bucks. I don't get a beverage with my curbside pickup, so it's still a lot cheaper than it would be eating inside and leaving a full tip.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Today on wikipedia I learned about figging:
Figging most commonly refers to the act of inserting a piece of fresh, skinless ginger into the anus or rectum. The ginger causes a strong burning sensation in the anus without causing permanent damage.

[and it goes on...]
We recently got some chai at the office to add to our beverage selection, and I decided to look up chai on wikipedia since I'd never had it before. Then I followed the link to ginger which led me to figging.

I had no idea that the Victorians were into weird S&M stuff like shoving plants into their rectums.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

big d note wrote:Today on wikipedia I learned about figging:
Figging most commonly refers to the act of inserting a piece of fresh, skinless ginger into the anus or rectum. The ginger causes a strong burning sensation in the anus without causing permanent damage.

[and it goes on...]
We recently got some chai at the office to add to our beverage selection, and I decided to look up chai on wikipedia since I'd never had it before. Then I followed the link to ginger which led me to figging.

I had no idea that the Victorians were into weird S&M stuff like shoving plants into their rectums.
I think those two guys in the Guinness commercials started this practice. That's why they bounce when they walk.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

libraries start to smell funny when you've been in them for more than 7 hours...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

WaukeeBlues wrote:libraries start to smell funny when you've been in them for more than 7 hours...
Sure it wasn't you?

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

I have at this point played the same number of NHL games this season as Cam "Tek" Janssen.