I encouraged my son to run some other kid at soccer today

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: I encouraged my son to run some other kid at soccer today

Post by OS »

The sad thing is that every single time I go to the ice skating rink I see little boys there practicing for figure skating. Like yesterday, there were this two boys there, one probably 7 the other 4, both could skate great and you could tell that their mom was pushing this on them. Why the (frank) would you put your kids in a situation that is going to get their asses kicked and made fun of for the next 15 years? Even worse, there is another kid up at the RecPlex all the time who is probably 10 who is almost always the best skater on the ice. He was playing hockey until his parents got divorced and then his mom made him switch to figure skating because that's what she liked better.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Steve Levy Sucks »

OS wrote:The sad thing is that every single time I go to the ice skating rink I see little boys there practicing for figure skating. Like yesterday, there were this two boys there, one probably 7 the other 4, both could skate great and you could tell that their mom was pushing this on them. Why the (frank) would you put your kids in a situation that is going to get their asses kicked and made fun of for the next 15 years? Even worse, there is another kid up at the RecPlex all the time who is probably 10 who is almost always the best skater on the ice. He was playing hockey until his parents got divorced and then his mom made him switch to figure skating because that's what she liked better.
With any luck, he'll grow up and kill his mom.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Stolen from another forum:

Goon and little Goon?

Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

OS wrote:The sad thing is that every single time I go to the ice skating rink I see little boys there practicing for figure skating. Like yesterday, there were this two boys there, one probably 7 the other 4, both could skate great and you could tell that their mom was pushing this on them. Why the (frank) would you put your kids in a situation that is going to get their asses kicked and made fun of for the next 15 years? Even worse, there is another kid up at the RecPlex all the time who is probably 10 who is almost always the best skater on the ice. He was playing hockey until his parents got divorced and then his mom made him switch to figure skating because that's what she liked better.
that just pisses me off. I hate it when parents shove a sport down a kid's throat. Now I know you didn't say that the kids you're talking about seem to enjoy it or not but cmon- hockey vs. figure skating? Let's get real.

OS, Goon- you try showing the kids the Mighty Ducks or anything yet or they still too young to be putting impressionable movies on them? :lol:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Goon... here's a look at what your son could be doing instead of playing futbol.

[youtube][/youtube]
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

OS wrote:Goon... here's a look at what your son could be doing instead of playing futbol.

[youtube][/youtube]
That's quite the speed tuck he gets going. :grin:

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

OS wrote:Goon... here's a look at what your son could be doing instead of playing futbol.

[youtube][/youtube]
ROCK ON

That is awesome. :grin:

EN4CR
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by EN4CR »

My little nephew starts playing hockey next year. He loves to skate.

I gotta admit I am a little pumped to see him play.