new random observation thread

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: new random observation thread

Post by SteveO »

If you're driving in the fast lane and answering your cell phone causes you to drive 10mph less than everyone else, get the (Frank) over.

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

Does your car even work to the point where you can drive in the fast lane?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

the knob wrote:Does your car even work to the point where you can drive in the fast lane?
:lol:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

goon attack wrote:
the knob wrote:Does your car even work to the point where you can drive in the fast lane?
Hey now, my fuel pump works just fine!

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Speaking of bizarre Olympic events....

I caught part of this 20km "racewalk" thing last night that was truly one of THE most bizarre things I've ever seen. It's basically a "walk like hell, but don't run!" kind of thing.

I didn't think I was going to watch it at all, but man... these girls were giving the beach volleyball gals a run for their money.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

I went to bed before the beach volleyball match ended. The Chinese girls swept every match up to that point, so I was surpised that the US team beat them. I was a little disappointed that those white uniforms were opaque.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

ksbluesfan wrote:I went to bed before the beach volleyball match ended. The Chinese girls swept every match up to that point, so I was surpised that the US team beat them. I was a little disappointed that those white uniforms were opaque.
It was raining...it didn't leave much to the imagination. They initially had flags draped over their bits, but when they celebrated, the nipplies were flying.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Prngr44 wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:I went to bed before the beach volleyball match ended. The Chinese girls swept every match up to that point, so I was surpised that the US team beat them. I was a little disappointed that those white uniforms were opaque.
It was raining...it didn't leave much to the imagination. They initially had flags draped over their bits, but when they celebrated, the nipplies were flying.
:grin:

I have a whole new appreciation for beach volleyball.

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

Prngr44 wrote:Speaking of bizarre Olympic events....

I caught part of this 20km "racewalk" thing last night that was truly one of THE most bizarre things I've ever seen. It's basically a "walk like hell, but don't run!" kind of thing.

I didn't think I was going to watch it at all, but man... these girls were giving the beach volleyball gals a run for their money.
That always reminds me of my older son squeezing his butt cheeks together, hurrying to the bathroom and hoping not to crap his pants.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

I spent a few hours clearing weeds in my backyard yesterday and have a new addition to the list of weird things I've found back there (an old cell phone being the strangest one before). This time I found an old dog collar, intact and still buckled, complete with tags. The registration dates to 1996 and there's a vet tag too. No sign of the dog....though it makes me wonder about the strange bones my dogs keep finding back there.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

its 1:21am, that means i have to go get bush light
[Edit]: 4:56am i really meant(sp?) busch light
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

I'm working on a project in which the client asked for the maximum investment amount to be $999,999,999,999.99. What comes after a billion? A trillion?

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

ksbluesfan wrote:I'm working on a project in which the client asked for the maximum investment amount to be $999,999,999,999.99. What comes after a billion? A trillion?
Eleventybillion.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

SIU LAW wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:I'm working on a project in which the client asked for the maximum investment amount to be $999,999,999,999.99. What comes after a billion? A trillion?
Eleventybillion.

Do you big city lawyers make that much?

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by StillBleedingBlue »

ksbluesfan wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
Eleventybillion.

Does anyone in the world (besides governments) even have enough to throw down a trillion on investments?
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Habeus Corpus is for suckaz!

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

StillBleedingBlue wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
Eleventybillion.

Does anyone in the world (besides governments) even have enough to throw down a trillion on investments?
Our normal processing allows for a billion dollars. In all the years I've been working with annuities, I've never seen anybody come close to a billion. Maybe they're anticipating the dollar will continue to decline. Before long, €500 == $1,000,000,000.00.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

time seems to go by so slow when it gets closer to hockey time.....

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Brewer died. As in my Betta fish that I named after Eric Brewer because he was blue and for a tank I used an extra 5 gal carboy from my homebrewing equipment. Years ago I had some fish that I named after members of a band I liked, and they all died in a short period of time. It was sad to see them drop off one by one. A few years later the band broke up too. So I decided to name this fish after someone I didn't like as much. We'll see what happens to Eric Brewer now.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Prngr44 wrote:If you're driving in the fast lane and answering your cell phone causes you to drive 10mph less than everyone else, get the (Frank) over.
If you're not passing someone, you have no business in the passing lane...one of my biggest pet-peeves, as is not using blinkers.

Also, what's up with the credit report commercials? So you can see your credit score, but good luck getting something off of there, even if it isn't valid. I had something on my report from Nextel, and I've never even had a Nextel phone....but I couldn't get it removed.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Ruutu15 wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:If you're driving in the fast lane and answering your cell phone causes you to drive 10mph less than everyone else, get the (Frank) over.
If you're not passing someone, you have no business in the passing lane...one of my biggest pet-peeves, as is not using blinkers.

Also, what's up with the credit report commercials? So you can see your credit score, but good luck getting something off of there, even if it isn't valid. I had something on my report from Nextel, and I've never even had a Nextel phone....but I couldn't get it removed.
How the hell does THAT happen?

I'd ask them to send you a copy of whatever bill it was that you didn't pay. You went through the written submission thingy via the credit reporting agency?