The In MF21 1/8 @ Cicero's 11/8! Sat Night

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Thanks to everyone who came out on Friday night. It was a great time. STLBLUZ WIns the award for bringing the GAGGLE O' Children along with him.

Thanks Guys...

MF21

SmokeMorePot
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SmokeMorePot »

sorry.....drinking + bbq = no me on the road
ImageImageImage

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Mayersfan21 wrote:Thanks to everyone who came out on Friday night. It was a great time. STLBLUZ WIns the award for bringing the GAGGLE O' Children along with him.

Thanks Guys...

MF21
That was my posse, who by the way had a great time. First concert for them.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Posse'

I could hardly see you guys with the Burger King Broilers up to medium rare on stage. Good to hear the amount of support was high out there.

Thanks to everyone who came out because it was a huge blast. We also rolled out a brand new site redesign.

http://www.theinmusic.com

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Mayersfan21 wrote:Posse'

I could hardly see you guys with the Burger King Broilers up to medium rare on stage. Good to hear the amount of support was high out there.

Thanks to everyone who came out because it was a huge blast. We also rolled out a brand new site redesign.

Cool - I was worried that you might have seen me dancing the jig on the dance floor. I was well buzzed after all of the free beer at the football game.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

stlbluz wrote:
Mayersfan21 wrote:Posse'

Cool - I was worried that you might have seen me dancing the jig on the dance floor. I was well buzzed after all of the free beer at the football game.
Glad I missed it... :wink:

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Shameless bump and we will be at Lemmon's @ 10:30 on Friday the 9th.

lemmons is at Gravois and Christy- some of the best Pizza in the City!

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Please Join Us On Saturday night…

And now…The W’s

WHO: The In? with Cecelia’s Big Rock Band
WHAT: Great Rock Music
WHERE: Off Broadway – Lemp and South Broadway across the street from The Brick
WHEN: Doors 8PM Music @ 9:30
WHY: Live Music, Friends and Good times help put you in a better mood quickly – The libations don’t hurt either!

$5$ bucks Rocks you all night...

The Links:
US http://www.theinmusic.com
THEM http://www.celiaisrock.com
VENUE http://www.offbroadwaystl.com
MAP Available @ off Broadway's site.
All our best,

The In?

Nathan Graves
Dan Huck
Mike Schurk
Chris Wilson

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Hi POINTE SHOW BUMP- Wed. Night

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Mayersfan21 wrote:Hi POINTE SHOW BUMP- Wed. Night
Tonight- 9PM

Somehow I know SMP will be there.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

mayersfan, sorry I missed your question before.

I've played guitar for 23 years.

I joined a band called Burnt Nervends in about 1990. we changed the name to Nerve a few years later. We had a song on one of the pointessential discs way back when.

I quit playing guitar pretty much after Nerve broke up in 1997. I did a short stint with the band Collaborateur and then later I played in my buddy Nick's band Trans-Lux. He's now the DJ in Men Women and Children, the guitarist from Glassjaw's new band. They are doing well in the UK.

I have been studying flamenco guitar for the last several years at home. I miss playing live and writing songs but I don't miss all the BS you have to put up with being in a band. Nerve occasionally does a reunion show. The last one was at the Hi Pointe as a matter of fact.

I wrote a bunch of stuff using Reason software but that was a few years ago.

Lisa Andris is an old, old friend of mine as is everybody at the Hi Pointe. We used to play there all the time. I'll try to make it out.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

I had no idea you were in those bands. I was actually a pretty big fan of yours, well at least your band. I remember seeing you guys as the Burnt Nervends, not to mention as Nerve. Usually a pretty good show.

SmokeMorePot
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SmokeMorePot »

Mayersfan21 wrote:Hi POINTE SHOW BUMP- Wed. Night
Is this before or after the ZIM ZAM COCK comedy show?
ImageImageImage

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Hollywood wrote:I had no idea you were in those bands. I was actually a pretty big fan of yours, well at least your band. I remember seeing you guys as the Burnt Nervends, not to mention as Nerve. Usually a pretty good show.
hey, thanks. we had our moments. some good, some not so good. :lol:

I put up a link to the nerve myspace page awhile back. you've been listed there as one of our influences for over a year. :lol:

we're not together anymore but it was fun to put that page up as if we were.

:lol:

http://www.myspace.com/nervestl

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

amusiac
All-Star
All-Star

Post by amusiac »

goon attack wrote:I quit playing guitar pretty much after Nerve broke up in 1997. I did a short stint with the band Collaborateur and then later I played in my buddy Nick's band Trans-Lux. He's now the DJ in Men Women and Children, the guitarist from Glassjaw's new band. They are doing well in the UK.
The goth group?

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

On a side note: I saw Trower at the Pageant a week ago. Best guitarsit that I've ever seen live in my life. If you ever get a chance to see them live & you like music, do it.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

amusiac wrote: The goth group?
I never really thought of them as goth, but yeah. They originally were just a two piece, the singer and the dude who did all the tracks and played keys. I did a few gigs with them. I didn't really fit in to the whole image but they liked my playing and I dug the music. I just made sure I wore Dickies and a black t shirt, I can't remember.

Sort of an odd match. :lol:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

stlbluz wrote:On a side note: I saw Trower at the Pageant a week ago. Best guitarsit that I've ever seen live in my life. If you ever get a chance to see them live & you like music, do it.
Sweet. I've seen Trower a couple of times.

Victims of the Fury is one of the most underrated guitar albums of all time.

amusiac
All-Star
All-Star

Post by amusiac »

goon attack wrote:
amusiac wrote: The goth group?
I never really thought of them as goth, but yeah. They originally were just a two piece, the singer and the dude who did all the tracks and played keys. I did a few gigs with them. I didn't really fit in to the whole image but they liked my playing and I dug the music. I just made sure I wore Dickies and a black t shirt, I can't remember.

Sort of an odd match. :lol:
Well, most times I saw them they were opening for a goth/ethereal kind of group. Although I think that they (or maybe just Larissa) opened for the Handsome Family at the Galaxy, which was a great show.

Either way, I've seen you play.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

amusiac wrote:Either way, I've seen you play.
Lucky you.

;)