The In MF21 1/8 @ Cicero's 11/8! Sat Night

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

DAMMIT! FPM back together and I can't make it! DAMMI DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!

I highly, highly, HIGHLY reccommend this show.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Hollywood wrote:DAMMIT! FPM back together and I can't make it! DAMMI DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!

Happy Thanksgiving All...

Well, it didn't exactly make the ASK HOLLYWOOD segment of our little program but this is a

HOLLYWOOD RECCOMMENDED SHOW

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

Mayersfan21 wrote:
Hollywood wrote:DAMMIT! FPM back together and I can't make it! DAMMI DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!

Well, it didn't exactly make the ASK HOLLYWOOD segment of our little program but this is a

I would like to add my endorsement as well...one of the best shows I have ever seen was Fragile opening up for the Urge at Mississippi Nights. If you can make this show, do.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

rebelmusic wrote:
Mayersfan21 wrote:

I would like to add my endorsement as well...one of the best shows I have ever seen was Fragile opening up for the Urge at Mississippi Nights. If you can make this show, do.
Very nice show tonight. I had a blast playing with these guys. High energy and great musicians.

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

one of the best shows I have ever seen was Fragile opening up for the Urge at Mississippi Nights

++

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

One of the best shows I ever played was with Fragile and the Urge at the American Theater for the Point's 5th anniversary party. Sold out. 8)
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

goon attack wrote:One of the best shows I ever played was with Fragile and the Urge at the American Theater for the Point's 5th anniversary party. Sold out. 8)

I was at that one too.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

You guys would have loved it. It was a theatre with great lighting and the first row was held empty and Scott was up on top of them at times throughout the night.

He even sat in the seats during one part and was just kicking back with the audience.

The songs they had horns on were by a band called Big Chief. Great stuff that I had never heard before. I put some snips below in a link. My Name is Pimp and One born Every Minute were the tunes we played.

Rocking hard never goes out of style.

They played some songs they haven't played in a decade.

Good Times

BIG CHIEF CLIPS

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

We sucked that night, hard, but it was a great experience. we had played halls that big a few times previously but never that organized where the place was packed from minute one of the first slot.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

goon attack wrote:We sucked that night, hard, but it was a great experience. we had played halls that big a few times previously but never that organized where the place was packed from minute one of the first slot.
You were in FPM?
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Mayersfan21 wrote:You guys would have loved it. It was a theatre with great lighting and the first row was held empty and Scott was up on top of them at times throughout the night.

He even sat in the seats during one part and was just kicking back with the audience.

The songs they had horns on were by a band called Big Chief. Great stuff that I had never heard before. I put some snips below in a link. My Name is Pimp and One born Every Minute were the tunes we played.

Good Times

BIG CHIEF CLIPS
did they pay more cop shows? that's as og as it gets.

:lol:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

OS wrote: You were in FPM?
no but theys all my niggaz

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

I hadn't played westport in over a year...the last time was Margarita Mommas doing horn work with a cover band called Spur.

FPM w/ horn section was quite the trip. One guy put it better than I could and I was entertained. He tapped me on the shoulder and said

"Hell ya, it about time FPM gots some crazy fU@k(ing horns in the mix- NICE!"

They Closed with no solution and concept but they were called out for a couple more tunes.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

goon attack wrote:
Mayersfan21 wrote:You guys would have loved it. It was a theatre with great lighting and the first row was held empty and Scott was up on top of them at times throughout the night.

Good Times

BIG CHIEF CLIPS
did they pay more cop shows? that's as og as it gets.

:lol:
I don't think they did but somehow I doubt the set lists from the 90s had "apple" logos next to tunes to indicate some sample triggers etc.

Good night....

Next show with The In? coming up on the 22nd back at Llewellyn's in Soulard.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Merry Christmas from all of us around The In? camp.

This week will bring plenty of great music and even better times for all of you. We've got 3 stops on the tour bus this week; two on Thursday night and one on Friday.

Thursday- we will be at Lafayette's (Formerly Lil' Nikki's) on Broadway performing at 9:30 with Celia's Yuletide Express group and then we will be headed over the The Way Out Club to perform at 11PM.
We will be preceded by Troubadour Dali.

Friday night we will be joined by Yuletide Express for a night at Llewellyn's Soulard! Look for a great night of entertainment from all of our fantastic friends from around the St. Louis area and plenty of The In? straight up:

The In? begins at 10pm sharp (no seriously)
Celia's Yuletide Express at about 10:15pm (seriously)
The In? ends the night 12-1am (yep)

We look forward to seeing you soon,

T! he In?

obligatory links section:

http://www.theinmusic.com/
http://celiaisrock.com/
http://www.myspace.com/wayoutclub
http://www.llywelynspub.com/textonly.as ... Main=Y.asp

So were not playing with any of Hollywood's favorite bands

Get the (Frank) over it.

MF21

sanscrit

Post by sanscrit »

Mayersfan21 wrote: So were not playing with any of Hollywood's favorite bands

Get (#$@%!) over it.
no harkonin?!?!111

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

sanscrit wrote:

Get (#$@%!) over it.
no harkonin?!?!111
If so desired I can scream my b/up vox at the WAY out club for you...

:wink:

sanscrit

Post by sanscrit »

Mayersfan21 wrote:
sanscrit wrote:

Get (#$@%!) over it.
no harkonin?!?!111

then im sorry, my appetite for entrails and satan cannot be sated at your show.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

sanscrit wrote:
Mayersfan21 wrote:
sanscrit wrote:

Get (#$@%!) over it.
no harkonin?!?!111

then im sorry, my appetite for entrails and satan cannot be sated at your show.

I think the bathroom attendant at the Way Out Club could definitely take care of your needs.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

Thanks to those of you who made it out last night.

Come on out tonight- if you haven't seen Llewellyn's soulard it is something to behold for sure. They did a ton of woodworking in the place and it looks nothing like it's former moniker (soulard ale house).

_MF21