anti-bitching, part 3 (?)

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Which makes you happiest?

knowing that if Forsberg returns, he's already said he won't go to Detroit
20%
fumigation
8%
the concept of using Bryan Marchment's skull as a pencil cup
22%
girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
50%

Total votes: 50

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: anti-bitching, part 3 (?)

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

As discussed multiple times on here.. Down is a great show.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

big d note wrote:Going to see Metallica, Down, and The Sword tonight! Should be a fun way to spend election night!
How much? Tickets start at $55 here.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Tickets were about 60 bucks. Crazy expensive, but at least I want to see all 3 bands for a change, so that makes it a better value, plus my wife wanted to go really bad and agreed to make this her birthday present. It's our first time seeing Metallica since the Summer Sanitarium tour back in... 2000 I think? We caught one of the shows where James hurt his back and couldn't play, so they came back for a free follow-up show. So we've seen them 1.75 times before.

I've never seen Down or The Sword, but I'm looking forward to it. I expect the smell of cannabis will be in the air during both bands. I'm debating whether to try to sneak my mp3 player in and tape the show. Not sure how tight the security is at the Pepsi Center.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

big d note wrote:Tickets were about 60 bucks. Crazy expensive, but at least I want to see all 3 bands for a change, so that makes it a better value, plus my wife wanted to go really bad and agreed to make this her birthday present. It's our first time seeing Metallica since the Summer Sanitarium tour back in... 2000 I think? We caught one of the shows where James hurt his back and couldn't play, so they came back for a free follow-up show. So we've seen them 1.75 times before.

I've never seen Down or The Sword, but I'm looking forward to it. I expect the smell of cannabis will be in the air during both bands. I'm debating whether to try to sneak my mp3 player in and tape the show. Not sure how tight the security is at the Pepsi Center.
Metallica puts on a good show. I'm not a big fan of their last several albums, but they play enough from the first 4 to keep it interesting. The Sword and Down round out a nice line-up.

I'm cheap though. I refuse to pay that much to see a concert.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

We really wanted to see AC/DC too, but their tickets are like $100. Ridiculous.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

big d note wrote:We really wanted to see AC/DC too, but their tickets are like $100. Ridiculous.
:lol:

Their act never changes either. Angus does a striptease and moons the crowd every time.

I can't think of a single band that I would pay more than $50 to see. If I had a time machine, that would be different.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

big d note wrote:We really wanted to see AC/DC too, but their tickets are like $100. Ridiculous.
Both Neil Young and Jimmy Buffett the cheapest ticket I saw online (cause they both sold out immediately) was still over $200.. Absolutely insane.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Good show. All 3 bands put on a good performance. Metallica played a lot more of their new material than I expected - 5 songs off Death Magnetic. Only drawbacks were being far away in a big arena, and the Pepsi Center sounds like crap. I would definitely reconsider before spending a lot of money to see a good band there again. One of the worst-sounding venues I've been to in a long time. When the singers talked between songs you could understand about every third word. Just muddy as hell.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

I'll be seeing Down again next weekend, but they will be without Metallica. I've seen them 3 times, and it's still not enough...I just kinda hope I don't have to watch that hour-long intro video again.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Got my acceptance letter last night from UMSL's Masters of Counseling program. Should be startin in January. :)

Now to the bitching thread about having another 3-4 years of school left. :x

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by StillBleedingBlue »

ksbluesfan wrote:

Their act never changes either. Angus does a striptease and moons the crowd every time.

I can't think of a single band that I would pay more than $50 to see. If I had a time machine, that would be different.
I haven't paid more than $50 for tickets to a show, but with plane costs and all to see Atheist a few years ago in Baltimore, I more than eclipsed the $25 show price. As far as paying more than $50 for actual tickets, I'm paying a total of $230 (two 3-day passes, one for me and one for the lady) for the two-day Maryland Deathfest in May to see Atheist, Pestilence, Bolt Thrower, Mayhem, Marduk, and Swallow the Sun, among a plethora of other bands I, for the most part, don't care to see.
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Habeus Corpus is for suckaz!

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Got my acceptance letter last night from UMSL's Masters of Counseling program. Should be startin in January. :)

Congrats!

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

StillBleedingBlue wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:

I haven't paid more than $50 for tickets to a show, but with plane costs and all to see Atheist a few years ago in Baltimore, I more than eclipsed the $25 show price. As far as paying more than $50 for actual tickets, I'm paying a total of $230 (two 3-day passes, one for me and one for the lady) for the two-day Maryland Deathfest in May to see Atheist, Pestilence, Bolt Thrower, Mayhem, Marduk, and Swallow the Sun, among a plethora of other bands I, for the most part, don't care to see.
That would qualify as an exception to the rule. I'm jealous. I also like Naplam Death, Enslaved, Asphyx, Keep Of Kalessin and Immolation on that bill. For Atheist alone, I might spend more than $50.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Prngr44 wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Got my acceptance letter last night from UMSL's Masters of Counseling program. Should be startin in January. :)

Congrats!
Thanks! :grin:

Even bester news is at the end of the year my work will reimburse me for most education expenses.. So if I can come up with a way to pay for tuition I get the money paid back to me. Sorta-free education!

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:As discussed multiple times on here.. Down is a great show.
I'm surprised Metallica took them on the road after all the crap Phil Anselmo spewed about them over the years. I wasn't impressed with his shtick at all at the KC show.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

the knob wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:As discussed multiple times on here.. Down is a great show.
I'm surprised Metallica took them on the road after all the crap Phil Anselmo spewed about them over the years. I wasn't impressed with his shtick at all at the KC show.
He's a lot different than he was 10 years ago. I've met him a few times, and he's never drunk whereas he used to ALWAYS be in the tank. What did he do in KC? I haven't heard...

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Phil was way more with it at this show, and it was good to see. The last time we saw him was in Dallas with Superjoint, and that show was bad bad bad! Phil was completely stoned/drunk out of his mind and could barely mumble along and stagger around the stage.

I remember that when Load came out and they cut their hair, Phil thanked Metallica for making Pantera the #1 metal band in the world now. :lol:

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

My son turns 1 today! Has it been a year already? When we named him Cam(eron) we had no idea that it would be such a popular name for Blues players a year later. Should we get him a Janssen or Paddock jersey for his birthday? :wink:

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

big d note wrote:
I remember that when Load came out and they cut their hair, Phil thanked Metallica for making Pantera the #1 metal band in the world now. :lol:

Pantera was the #1 metal band since CFH was released. :)

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Being the good grandson that I am, I decided to take my grandma to lunch today...and then swing by the property we purchased so she could see it since she hadn't yet.

When we got out there, I saw that the power lines had been put up, the ground for the basement has been excavated and they were in the process of pouring concrete for the foundation!

Woo Hoo!

That was a nice surprise. I assumed since I hadn't heard anything in a week, that nothing was currently being done.
Things are starting to move a little quicker now...finally. :okman:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/