anti-bitching, part 3 (?)

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Which makes you happiest?

knowing that if Forsberg returns, he's already said he won't go to Detroit
20%
fumigation
8%
the concept of using Bryan Marchment's skull as a pencil cup
22%
girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
50%

Total votes: 50

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: anti-bitching, part 3 (?)

Post by SIU LAW »

the knob wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:Got a raise.

Though, I'm sure a post will later surface in the bitching thread regarding the tax consequences.
I don't want to hear any bitching about your patriotic duty to pay higher taxes.
Only if they will help establish some more coal plants.

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

SIU LAW wrote:
the knob wrote:

Though, I'm sure a post will later surface in the bitching thread regarding the tax consequences.
I don't want to hear any bitching about your patriotic duty to pay higher taxes.
Are those coal plants going to be for U.S. Americans?

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

the knob wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
the knob wrote:

Are those coal plants going to be for U.S. Americans?
95% of them.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

My dad pretty much raised our family for most of our lives working in a coal mine until it shut down when he was in his late 30s.

There's quite a few mines in the area that are set to open up again so I'm sure you'll find a lot of interest around here with this issue.

Jack T Adams
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Jack T Adams »

Blueline29 wrote:WELCOME HOME, JTA!! :grin:
I am just now seeing this but thanks.
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Jack T Adams wrote:
Blueline29 wrote:WELCOME HOME, JTA!! :grin:
I am just now seeing this but thanks.
...and I'm just now seeing your thanks, so you're welcome. :)

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

I saw Opeth last night. Baroness and High On Fire were also on the ticket, but there was a surprise act as well -- Clutch.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

ksbluesfan wrote:I saw Opeth last night. Baroness and High On Fire were also on the ticket, but there was a surprise act as well -- Clutch.
Damn, that kicks ass. I heard that Opeth's keyboard player has been filling in with Clutch lately. Did he play with them last night?
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

big d note wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:I saw Opeth last night. Baroness and High On Fire were also on the ticket, but there was a surprise act as well -- Clutch.
Damn, that kicks ass. I heard that Opeth's keyboard player has been filling in with Clutch lately. Did he play with them last night?
I thought it was a different guy, but I'm not so sure now. The keyboard player in Clutch was the only member of the band with really long hair. If it was a different guy, he looked a lot like Per Wiberg.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Mikael Ã…kerfeldt needs some new jokes. He says they're just 5 ugly guys from Sweden in every show, even though Martin Mendez is from Uruguay.

Why do people try to mosh for Opeth? It's like having a mosh pit for Yes or Rush. Odd.

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by StillBleedingBlue »

ksbluesfan wrote:Mikael Ã…kerfeldt needs some new jokes. He says they're just 5 ugly guys from Sweden in every show, even though Martin Mendez is from Uruguay.

Why do people try to mosh for Opeth? It's like having a mosh pit for Yes or Rush. Odd.
I agree. I was there in the middle of the floor, and people were attempting to mosh during the quieter parts of The Night and the Silent Water. Awkward time that was.

I thought his jokes were pretty funny, but if the jokes really mattered, then I would care. The show was incredible, Axenrot was incredible behind the drums, and Frederik had a cool solo on the end of Hope Leaves that I didn't expect.
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Habeus Corpus is for suckaz!

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

StillBleedingBlue wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:Mikael Ã…kerfeldt needs some new jokes. He says they're just 5 ugly guys from Sweden in every show, even though Martin Mendez is from Uruguay.

I agree. I was there in the middle of the floor, and people were attempting to mosh during the quieter parts of The Night and the Silent Water. Awkward time that was.

I thought his jokes were pretty funny, but if the jokes really mattered, then I would care. The show was incredible, Axenrot was incredible behind the drums, and Frederik had a cool solo on the end of Hope Leaves that I didn't expect.
You were at the show in Kansas City last night? Damn, I probably stood right next to you and didn't even know it. I was the old geek in a jean jacket.

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

ksbluesfan wrote:
StillBleedingBlue wrote:

You were at the show in Kansas City last night? Damn, I probably stood right next to you and didn't even know it. I was the old geek in a jean jacket.
Hah, nope, I was at the St. Louis show, but the crowds act the same anywhere. But they have been playing a lot of the same songs, starting out with Heir Apparent, ending with Demon of the Fall, and then an encore with The Drapery Falls. Did you all get that set?

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

StillBleedingBlue wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:
StillBleedingBlue wrote:

Hah, nope, I was at the St. Louis show, but the crowds act the same anywhere. But they have been playing a lot of the same songs, starting out with Heir Apparent, ending with Demon of the Fall, and then an encore with The Drapery Falls. Did you all get that set?
Yep, same set. They didn't really have an encore because the Beaumont Club doesn't really have a "backstage". Mikael just announced that Demon of the Fall would be their last official song, then they would pause while we chanted "O-peth, O-peth" before playing their encore.

Due to Crutch getting a set, they played until 1:40 am. I had to work the next day too. At least my hearing has returned to normal.

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

ksbluesfan wrote:
StillBleedingBlue wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:
StillBleedingBlue wrote:

Yep, same set. They didn't really have an encore because the Beaumont Club doesn't really have a "backstage". Mikael just announced that Demon of the Fall would be their last official song, then they would pause while we chanted "O-peth, O-peth" before playing their encore.

Due to Crutch getting a set, they played until 1:40 am. I had to work the next day too. At least my hearing has returned to normal.
Hah, well, I had an MIS/ITM midterm the next day, and it was definitely worth staying up 'til sunrise studying because I went to that show. I was very impressed.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

I just discovered Bloodbath.

:okman:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Woohoo!
There is movement on the home building front. They scraped the land for the road that leads to the house and rock should be put down today or tomorrow.

Finally. :okman:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

cprice12 wrote:Woohoo!
There is movement on the home building front. They scraped the land for the road that leads to the house and rock should be put down today or tomorrow.

I was all set to hear you grabbed a shovel and started digging the basement yourself.

You going to blog the progress?

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Prngr44 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:Woohoo!

I was all set to hear you grabbed a shovel and started digging the basement yourself.
I felt like doing that.
I'm just glad something is getting done. It's only the scraping of the road, but at least it's something.
You going to blog the progress?
Yup.
http://www.curtprice.com/construction_08-09/index.php
After seeing your blog about your progress, I thought it would be a neat thing to do. And then we'll put that stuff on cd when it's done and keep it. Should be cool to look back on years from now.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Going to see Metallica, Down, and The Sword tonight! Should be a fun way to spend election night!
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now