bitching....again

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Which of these things is most irritating?

the heartbreak of psoriasis
No votes
the fact that Dominik Hasek still exists
20%
people who shuffle through parking lot aisles in front of you at speeds normally associated with glaciers
27%
the plight of the red ape
7%
these damn kids today
46%

Total votes: 71

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: bitching....again

Post by SteveO »

Woops... since this is the bitchin' thread I guess better bitch some too.

I've been after my dang builder to get my dumpster emptied for over a week and it's still sitting there!!!

:evil:

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

This class may soon drive me to take my own life. Right here in the back row.

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

Blueline29 wrote:This class may soon drive me to take my own life. Right here in the back row.
http://www.a1b2c3.com/suilodge/metfun1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

So my builder tells me LAST Friday that my dumpster was going to be picked up on Monday or Tuesday.

Wednesday I called the dumpster company myself and asked if he called...he didn't. At any rate, I called them again today and the lady goes on about glad you called, misplaced your info, blah blah blah, BUT: they'll pick it up today.

So I then call my builder to tell him I took care of the dumpster and he goes into the explanation of "Oh, I meant to get back to you... there's only a $40 difference in the bigger and smaller dumpster and I wanted to find out what you wanted to do."

I WANTED TO GET THE DAMN THING PICKED UP IS WHAT I WANTED TO DO!!

So needless to say my garage is full of trash from the week's activities because there wasn't anywhere to go with it which in turn caused my garage door opener guys to cancel because there was too much clutter in the way for them to work.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

I just realized that my graduation ceremony is at franking 8:30 am. WTF?!

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

My father-in-law was talking about how he was getting gas recently and the pump stopped automatically at $50. Apparently if you needed to pump more you had to swipe your card again. I'd never run into a limit like that until today. My pump actually shut down at $75. Sucks to be putting that much money into the gas tank. I'm glad I sold my turbo Volvo that took 91 octane though, or I'd be paying even more per gallon.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Ugh, I had a horrible stomach bug yesterday. I haven't been that sick in a long time. I stayed in bed for 12 hours straight after the vomiting passed, didn't even get up to go to the bathroom since I was so dehydrated. I only wish that there was some way that I could have infected the entire Red Wings team with this.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

I use notepad a lot for work. I'm happily typing along when I accidently right justify everything on the page. I don't have the slightest idea which keys I hit, so I had to search the internet to find out that the CTRL and right SHIFT key right justifies in notepad.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Prngr44 wrote:So my builder tells me LAST Friday that my dumpster was going to be picked up on Monday or Tuesday.

Wednesday I called the dumpster company myself and asked if he called...he didn't. At any rate, I called them again today and the lady goes on about glad you called, misplaced your info, blah blah blah, BUT: they'll pick it up today.

So I then call my builder to tell him I took care of the dumpster and he goes into the explanation of "Oh, I meant to get back to you... there's only a $40 difference in the bigger and smaller dumpster and I wanted to find out what you wanted to do."

I WANTED TO GET THE DAMN THING PICKED UP IS WHAT I WANTED TO DO!!

So needless to say my garage is full of trash from the week's activities because there wasn't anywhere to go with it which in turn caused my garage door opener guys to cancel because there was too much clutter in the way for them to work.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Dude...that sucks.
I am just waiting for crap like that to happen to me when we start to build this summer. Everyone has a few stories like that from when their house was built.

We're still waiting on an estimate from a prospective contractor. He said it would be two weeks...and that was three weeks ago. I've met with him since and he says he is waiting on a quote on the fireplace and a couple other things.
It's always something. :?
The one thing I like about the contractor we are talking to, is that he lives right next to our 5 acres. So we'd be neighbors. You'd think he'd want to be on top of things and do a good job since we'll be neighbors. He seems like a nice guy and I think he'd be a good neighbor. We'll see how it goes.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

F-ing rain.
Our softball league has canceled games for the 2nd week in a row, which were supposed to be the first two weeks of the season. We haven't even started the season yet. :evil:

Where in the hell was this rain last year? Last year we have a drought...and this year we have flash floods every week. :? :?
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

My (and Gup's) season started 5+ weeks ago. We've played 2 games... and tomorrow isn't looking good either.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

OS, if you homos need an extra player some week, I'll be expecting the call.
:okman:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Sorry, we have a stick no 'No Parents of Soccer Players' rule on the team.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I wouldn't call a pack of 3 year olds running around in a pack with a ball nearby "soccer."

I hope I get the callup from AAA, dude. :okman:

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Mark
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mark »

Here's a "bitch"...

...parking at Riverport.

It took 2 1/2 hours to get out after Radiohead tonight.
I can't pronounce Carlo Colaiacovo's name, but I sure can be the OFFICIAL LGB SPONSOR OF CARLO COLAIACOVO!!

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Mark wrote:Here's a "bitch"...

...parking at Riverport.

It took 2 1/2 hours to get out after Radiohead tonight.
Yeah that has always been a tremendous problem there. I bucked up for “premier parking” for the first time ($20), and I left with no absolutely no delay. I could not believe it. It took me 2 hours to leave after Rush a few months ago. From the premier lot, you have access to the other exit, and there simply is not a lot of traffic clogging it up on the way out.
Last edited by SIU LAW on Thu May 15, 2008 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

For $20 bucks you should get no wait and roadhead on the way home.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

I've all but stopped going to Riverport because of the parking situation. It took me 3 hours to get out of a concert in 2000 or 2001 and since then I've been there twice.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

OS wrote:I've all but stopped going to Riverport because of the parking situation. It took me 3 hours to get out of a concert in 2000 or 2001 and since then I've been there twice.
I agree. I rarely go to a show at Riverport because of this. It takes a band that I am a MEGA fan of to go that venue.
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:For $20 bucks you should get no wait and roadhead on the way home.
Steep I admit, but the simple fact is, if you want to go to the show bad enough and want to leave at a reasonable time, this is apparently what to do. It was 10x easier to leave than after a sold out, weekend Blues’ game. I couldn't believe it.

It’s not fair, but it is the reality that is Riverport.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Martina McBride is coming to Riverport this summer and I will be going. I don't think the crowd will be that huge so it might not be that bad. Last concert I saw there was KISS several years ago and it only took us 30-40 minutes to get out of there. I guess we were parked in a good spot regarding leaving.