bitching....again

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Which of these things is most irritating?

the heartbreak of psoriasis
No votes
the fact that Dominik Hasek still exists
20%
people who shuffle through parking lot aisles in front of you at speeds normally associated with glaciers
27%
the plight of the red ape
7%
these damn kids today
46%

Total votes: 71

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: bitching....again

Post by SIU LAW »

Backing into a parking space at Riverport also goes a long way in cutting your time down.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

cprice12 wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:So my builder tells me LAST Friday that my dumpster was going to be picked up on Monday or Tuesday.

Wednesday I called the dumpster company myself and asked if he called...he didn't. At any rate, I called them again today and the lady goes on about glad you called, misplaced your info, blah blah blah, BUT: they'll pick it up today.

So I then call my builder to tell him I took care of the dumpster and he goes into the explanation of "Oh, I meant to get back to you... there's only a $40 difference in the bigger and smaller dumpster and I wanted to find out what you wanted to do."

I WANTED TO GET THE DAMN THING PICKED UP IS WHAT I WANTED TO DO!!

So needless to say my garage is full of trash from the week's activities because there wasn't anywhere to go with it which in turn caused my garage door opener guys to cancel because there was too much clutter in the way for them to work.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Dude...that sucks.
I am just waiting for crap like that to happen to me when we start to build this summer. Everyone has a few stories like that from when their house was built.

We're still waiting on an estimate from a prospective contractor. He said it would be two weeks...and that was three weeks ago. I've met with him since and he says he is waiting on a quote on the fireplace and a couple other things.
It's always something. :?
The one thing I like about the contractor we are talking to, is that he lives right next to our 5 acres. So we'd be neighbors. You'd think he'd want to be on top of things and do a good job since we'll be neighbors. He seems like a nice guy and I think he'd be a good neighbor. We'll see how it goes.
I'm just lucky it's been relatively minor snags so far.

The biggest current thing for me is the weather (yet again.) I need about 5-6 days of no rain and sunshine in order to get a damn septic tank in so I can take a dump in my own house. It's 3 weeks delayed at this point.

Hrm... your general is going to be a new neighbor? That might be tough... I'm running into a few tough spots having a friend be mine. You're going to have to bitch and you're going to have some disagreements. If you're bidding anything out yourself, MAKE SURE there is NO grey area on who's doing what and who's paying whom. You may also want to explicitly have it worded in the contract that when your contractor thinks you may be going over a quoted price for whatever reason, that you have those discussions before the work's done. (Like, if lumber goes up and it's going to cost 15k instead of 10k)

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Prngr44 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:So my builder tells me LAST Friday that my dumpster was going to be picked up on Monday or Tuesday.

Wednesday I called the dumpster company myself and asked if he called...he didn't. At any rate, I called them again today and the lady goes on about glad you called, misplaced your info, blah blah blah, BUT: they'll pick it up today.

So I then call my builder to tell him I took care of the dumpster and he goes into the explanation of "Oh, I meant to get back to you... there's only a $40 difference in the bigger and smaller dumpster and I wanted to find out what you wanted to do."

I WANTED TO GET THE DAMN THING PICKED UP IS WHAT I WANTED TO DO!!

So needless to say my garage is full of trash from the week's activities because there wasn't anywhere to go with it which in turn caused my garage door opener guys to cancel because there was too much clutter in the way for them to work.

Dude...that sucks.
I am just waiting for crap like that to happen to me when we start to build this summer. Everyone has a few stories like that from when their house was built.

We're still waiting on an estimate from a prospective contractor. He said it would be two weeks...and that was three weeks ago. I've met with him since and he says he is waiting on a quote on the fireplace and a couple other things.
It's always something. :?
The one thing I like about the contractor we are talking to, is that he lives right next to our 5 acres. So we'd be neighbors. You'd think he'd want to be on top of things and do a good job since we'll be neighbors. He seems like a nice guy and I think he'd be a good neighbor. We'll see how it goes.
I'm just lucky it's been relatively minor snags so far.

The biggest current thing for me is the weather (yet again.) I need about 5-6 days of no rain and sunshine in order to get a damn septic tank in so I can take a dump in my own house. It's 3 weeks delayed at this point.

Hrm... your general is going to be a new neighbor? That might be tough... I'm running into a few tough spots having a friend be mine. You're going to have to bitch and you're going to have some disagreements. If you're bidding anything out yourself, MAKE SURE there is NO grey area on who's doing what and who's paying whom. You may also want to explicitly have it worded in the contract that when your contractor thinks you may be going over a quoted price for whatever reason, that you have those discussions before the work's done. (Like, if lumber goes up and it's going to cost 15k instead of 10k)
Cool...point noted. I'll keep that in mind.
And if there are some rough spots or arguments over something, I dunno...we'll see how it goes as far as being a neighbor is concerned. It's not like he is 30 feet from us...we've got almost 5 acres seperating our houses, and our house will be on the back side of a slope, so from ground level you can't even see his home. :lol:
But yeah, if there are some major disagreements over something, it might make having him as a neighbor a little rough at first. :lol:
But he hasn't even gotten the job yet since he's yet to give us an estimate. So we'll see.
And we'll be going other routes and not through him for some things (maybe appliances, cabinets, counters...not sure yet...it's too early in the process).
And I was considering just having him build it up to the point where we could move in...and then finish the rest myself. It all depends on what the estimate is.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

When people come over before noon on Saturday, when it's obvious the mail hasn't arrived yet...why in the hell do they park in front of the mailbox?!?!?!
There is a chance you won't get the mail delivered if your mailbox is being blocked.
People do this crap all of the time....it pisses me off. There is all kinds of room to park on the street on the other side of our driveway...but no, they have to park in front of the mailbox.

Which brings me to another pain in the ass point...if "rain, snow, sleet and hail will not stop the U.S. Mail"...then why in the hell can a parked car prevent stop dead in it's tracks? God forbid they have to get out of the mail truck a few times and take a few steps to the mail box. :roll:

Since I know everyone is curious...I'll let you know if I get the mail today since there is a car parked in front of our mailbox and will be all day. :lol:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

I got a C in a class I franking busted my ASS on this last term.....

but I don't give a shit because I graduated anyway and was told yesterday that I landed a job I interviewed for on Thursday.

Also, I'm pissed that Chelios is still alive. And it's hot out (in Florida). Unrelated, but sucky nevertheless.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

cprice12 wrote:When people come over before noon on Saturday, when it's obvious the mail hasn't arrived yet...why in the hell do they park in front of the mailbox?!?!?!
There is a chance you won't get the mail delivered if your mailbox is being blocked.
People do this crap all of the time....it pisses me off. There is all kinds of room to park on the street on the other side of our driveway...but no, they have to park in front of the mailbox.

Which brings me to another pain in the ass point...if "rain, snow, sleet and hail will not stop the U.S. Mail"...then why in the hell can a parked car prevent stop dead in it's tracks? God forbid they have to get out of the mail truck a few times and take a few steps to the mail box. :roll:

Since I know everyone is curious...I'll let you know if I get the mail today since there is a car parked in front of our mailbox and will be all day. :lol:
Meh, I can see it.. They won't do it because they don't want you to block the mailbox. If they go ahead and deliver it anyways there's nothing to prevent you from blocking it.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

cprice12 wrote:And I was considering just having him build it up to the point where we could move in...and then finish the rest myself. It all depends on what the estimate is.
What sucks about that is that new building code (at least in St. Clair) requires you to be 100% complete before they grant you an occupancy permit. An example: I had planned on buying my interior doors over time and just hanging them once I was in... they're saying I can't do that. :( I'll probably be calling them this coming week; I'll let you know what I find out.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Meh, I can see it.. They won't do it because they don't want you to block the mailbox. If they go ahead and deliver it anyways there's nothing to prevent you from blocking it.
This scintillatingly insightful point brought to you by:

Thank you, Captain Obvious! Now please, explain to us why jumping off a 10 story building is a bad idea!
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

For you? I can't see anything bad about it.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Blues Fan in SF »

I just ran Bay To Breakers for the 6th time today. My time was pretty lousy, but I blame that on waiting in line for the bathroom, and hanging out for a while at the Emergency Mimosa Station at the top of the Hayes Street Hill :D

But my legs and feet are killing me right now. :(
"Don't need it proven
don't want to listen
don't need a tour
of the pieces I'm missing..."

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Blues Fan in SF wrote:I just ran Bay To Breakers for the 6th time today. My time was pretty lousy, but I blame that on waiting in line for the bathroom, and hanging out for a while at the Emergency Mimosa Station at the top of the Hayes Street Hill :D

But my legs and feet are killing me right now. :(
Any race that features an emergency mimosa station is one that I clearly need to be part of in the future! :lol: Congrats on running!

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

these damn kids today
I'm at a local burger joint, get my food, bill comes to $4.78.

I hand the female cashier who looked about sixteen, $5.

Her automatic change teller thing was down and she got flustered, opened a drawer and started digging for a calculator. I leaned over the counter and whispered "twenty-two cents"

she said oh. She was nervous- I understand that, but cmon...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

I had the same thing happen at a Baskin Robbins. I hand the kid my cash and I'm due like 21 cents change. He walks away for a sec and comes back with the biggest calculator I'd ever seen. It was literally about a foot square. I thought the delay had something to do with the coupon I gave him. But no, he just punches the total into the calculator and figures out how much change he owes me. My 8th grade algebra teacher would've ripped him a new one. He was always complaining about stuff like that.

The kid must've been raised in Detroit. :detsucks:
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

CHARTER iS TOTAL SHIT!!!

choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by choppa4 »

Prngr44 wrote:CHARTER iS TOTAL SHIT!!!
Is this supposed to be news? :)
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Helen Keller

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

choppa4 wrote:
It's news when my damn tv doesn't work and I can't watch the freakin' hockey game!!!!

choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by choppa4 »

Prngr44 wrote:
choppa4 wrote:
It's news when my damn tv doesn't work and I can't watch the freakin' hockey game!!!!

Not really since I believe it's company policy to screw over their customers at the worst possible time. I could regale you with my 2006 world series story, it's also why I have DirecTV.
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Helen Keller

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

choppa4 wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:
choppa4 wrote:

Not really since I believe it's company policy to screw over their customers at the worst possible time. I could regale you with my 2006 world series story, it's also why I have DirecTV.
do tell. I need something more to fuel my hatred for charter.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by choppa4 »

Kreegz2 wrote:
choppa4 wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:
choppa4 wrote:

do tell. I need something more to fuel my hatred for charter.
During the World Series, cable and internet go dark, so I call Charter to get it fixed. Set a time for a service guy to come out, and stay at home all day to wait. So the guy shows up actually on time, and I see him sitting in the van on the side of the house. 10 minutes later, I get a phone call, and it's the automated message saying no one was home for the service call. By the time I get outside, the guy has already driven off, so I call Charter again and they say they're sorry and they'll send someone else that same day. No one shows, so I called DirecTV that same day, and the next day I had satellite in three rooms, working perfectly. I am never surprised by Charter horror stories, they're just more of the same.
-Helen Keller

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Motorhead are finally coming to St. Louis after years of waiting...but its the same night (8/20) as the NIN concert...which I already bought scalper proof/non-resale tickets for.

(FRANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)