bitching....again

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Which of these things is most irritating?

the heartbreak of psoriasis
No votes
the fact that Dominik Hasek still exists
20%
people who shuffle through parking lot aisles in front of you at speeds normally associated with glaciers
27%
the plight of the red ape
7%
these damn kids today
46%

Total votes: 71

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

bitching....again

Post by Blueline29 »

Since this thread got pruned also, I guess I could start off the new one by bitching about that, but I won't. I will, however, bitch about the walkway in front of my apartment being iced over which, of course, I didn't see till just after I'd planted my foot on it, scant milliseconds before I went flying into the air and slammed down on the steps, yelling, "Son of a BITCH!" :lol: I laugh at the image it must've been, but not so much at the wound on my knee and the nasty knot I now have on my shin. Bastards.

Oh, and I'll try to come up with a poll so this one doesn't go poof at some point, too.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

My vote goes to the kids. I can't believe how annoying I find high schoolers now days. I just want to go around hitting them all with a 5-iron.

...and I just graduated in 2002.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

ViPeRx007 wrote:My vote goes to the kids. I can't believe how annoying I find high schoolers now days. I just want to go around hitting them all with a 5-iron.

...and I just graduated in 2002.
I find myself wanting to scream, "Pullupyerpants!!" a la Denis Leary when I see them meandering around the mall. And while we're on the subject of alleged fashion, WTF is the deal with the crooked baseball cap? Do they not realize how effin' retarded that looks? Sheesh.

Now you must excuse me, sonny...I'm off to slug down some Geritol and crank up the Lawrence Welk on my iPod. :lol:

Johnny_Hangover
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Johnny_Hangover »

Plato wrote:The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
Ah, the human race. Same shit, different century.

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

Johnny_Hangover wrote:
Plato wrote:The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
Ah, the human race. Same shit, different millennium.
Fixed.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Blues Fan in SF »

Add the Colorado Avalanche to the poll.

And the New England Patriots.

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Ehijo »

Voted for the kids. It's not that I hate kids, I want kids of my own someday, but man...

Just STFU you spoiled brats!

...I'll be nice now.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Think about where I work and you'll be able to determine which way I voted.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Donuts_For_Koharski
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Donuts_For_Koharski »

BBZ

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Not just kids...EMO kids.

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Ehijo »

Ruutu15 wrote:Not just kids...EMO kids.
Spot on. :)

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

You sure like to bitch a lot. Personally, I find it intoxicating. Maybe it's from all those years of marriage, you know, you begin to covet what you know.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

goon attack wrote:You sure like to bitch a lot. Personally, I find it intoxicating. Maybe it's from all those years of marriage, you know, you begin to covet what you know.
:lol:

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Damn, wasn't the old Bitching thread started by RHCP, formerly Ole Miss Blues Girl? Talk about the wayback machine. I'm going to bitch that that thread was pruned.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

Blueline29 wrote:
I find myself wanting to scream, "Pullupyerpants!!" a la Denis Leary when I see them meandering around the mall. And while we're on the subject of alleged fashion, WTF is the deal with the crooked baseball cap? Do they not realize how effin' retarded that looks? Sheesh.
When I'm elected President, I will issue orders to the military to shoot on sight, any punk wearing sagging pants, or his cap on backwards or crooked.
If they survive the first shooting, and repeat the offense, they will be locked in a room and forced to listen to Frank Cusamanno tapes 24/7 for 5 years.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

barnburner wrote:
Blueline29 wrote:
When I'm elected President, I will issue orders to the military to shoot on sight, any punk wearing sagging pants, or his cap on backwards or crooked.
If they survive the first shooting, and repeat the offense, they will be locked in a room and forced to listen to Frank Cusamanno tapes 24/7 for 5 years.
[satire]This is the kind of freedom hating I can relate to.[/satire]
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

I thought of another option that could have been added to the poll--commercials that are roughly 50,000 times the volume of whatever show they've interrupted.

I'd also like to bitch that I can't edit the poll. :lol:

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

The FCC regulates everything else, why don't they require a "normalize" audio level for television... It's just wonderful having the fillings jarred out of your teeth when some of these commercials come on. :evil:

Luckily, I record about 90% of what I watch, so I spare myself that horrid bit of torture most of the time. :)

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

barnburner wrote:The FCC regulates everything else, why don't they require a "normalize" audio level for television... It's just wonderful having the fillings jarred out of your teeth when some of these commercials come on. :evil:

Luckily, I record about 90% of what I watch, so I spare myself that horrid bit of torture most of the time. :)
Me, too...I just particularly noticed it today on one of the NHL Network's commercials. At least they've introduced a new one into the lineup, I guess.

Storm13
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Storm13 »

Blueline29 wrote:
barnburner wrote:The FCC regulates everything else, why don't they require a "normalize" audio level for television... It's just wonderful having the fillings jarred out of your teeth when some of these commercials come on. :evil:

Me, too...I just particularly noticed it today on one of the NHL Network's commercials. At least they've introduced a new one into the lineup, I guess.
A lot of TV's used to have a function that senses volume changes on commercials and will tone them down. Doesn't work with a satelite receiver or cable box though. Haven't bought a new TV in ~5 years, so I don't know if that's still an option though.
Spent my money, teasing me honey, what should I do?
When you gonna show me, I think you owe me, come on baby, see it through.