bitching....again

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Which of these things is most irritating?

the heartbreak of psoriasis
No votes
the fact that Dominik Hasek still exists
20%
people who shuffle through parking lot aisles in front of you at speeds normally associated with glaciers
27%
the plight of the red ape
7%
these damn kids today
46%

Total votes: 71

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Re: bitching....again

Post by sseagle »

Last couple of weeks were shitty.

Got woken up at 0500 on Tuesday, water heater was out (ended up playing water heater technician all week)
Thursday I got the letter declining me for the job I was interviewing for, after three interviews.
Saturday the microwave stopped working.
Thursday the video card in my home server died, and I can't afford a new one.
Monday got a new microwave, I used it today for the first time and the fan in it was frozen up, had to exchange it.
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I was at the post office mailing in my tax returns and while walking back to the car, the ground felt a little slick. I assumed it was because it had been raining most of the day. When I get home, I come upstairs to get on the computer for a bit and I'm sort of sniffing around thinking to myself "damn if that doesn't smell like dog shit." It was a steaming load of dog shit right on the bottom of my left shoe. Motherfrankin' hell.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

glen a richter wrote: "damn if that doesn't smell like dog shit."
Come on, Glen. Give the city of Detroit a chance before making fun of it. :detsucks:

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Received a call from my father that my grandmother, 95, had some sort of medical thing, got admitted to the hospital, and now thinks that it's approximately 70-80 years ago, thinks my dad is actually her brother, and has no recollection of modern time.

At the moment I'm kind of hating genetics.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

glen a richter wrote:Received a call from my father that my grandmother, 95, had some sort of medical thing, got admitted to the hospital, and now thinks that it's approximately 70-80 years ago, thinks my dad is actually her brother, and has no recollection of modern time.

Damn, that sucks.
During the last few years of my wife's grandmother's life, she developed dementia.
She would call up her daughter (my mother in law), screaming on the phone that someone was in the backyard killing her son-in-law with a knife...or that someone was trying to break into her house...or people were talking to her through the windows and telling her to do things.

Crazym, creepy stuff. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

cprice12 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Received a call from my father that my grandmother, 95, had some sort of medical thing, got admitted to the hospital, and now thinks that it's approximately 70-80 years ago, thinks my dad is actually her brother, and has no recollection of modern time.

Damn, that sucks.
During the last few years of my wife's grandmother's life, she developed dementia.
She would call up her daughter (my mother in law), screaming on the phone that someone was in the backyard killing her son-in-law with a knife...or that someone was trying to break into her house...or people were talking to her through the windows and telling her to do things.

Crazym, creepy stuff. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Almost a week after the fact, the report is that she's much more lucid, although my father is still planning on putting her in a nursing home which is the most sensible thing to do. She did insist that she was visited, in the hospital, by my grandfather, but at least she said, when asked, that she knew that he had died and was able to remember that it was 21 years ago.

I guess if you've been able to live on your own for 95 years, that's a pretty good run.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Colds suck.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Detroit won their series...

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Portland Blues wrote:Detroit won their series...
No, Phoenix LOST their series...
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

fargoblues wrote:
That is a much better way of looking at it.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Portland Blues wrote:
fargoblues wrote:
That is a much better way of looking at it.
He makes a good point.
When you have a game 7 at home, it should be your series to win.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Was just speaking with my neighbor one house over who told me that our neighbor three houses over was killed in a car wreck, hit by a kid who stole a car and blew a light just up the road from here.

Bad times, real bad times.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

glen a richter wrote:Was just speaking with my neighbor one house over who told me that our neighbor three houses over was killed in a car wreck, hit by a kid who stole a car and blew a light just up the road from here.

Bad times, real bad times.
Jesus that sucks. :(

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

With apologies to all the crappy teenage drivers out there, found out it was actually a 51 year old man with a 19 times suspended license who stole the car and blew the light.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Guidance counselors are the most pathetic people in the history of NYC public schools.

Today one of the kids counselors called and asked me to advise one of my students to focus harder for a different test than on my own because she needs two sciences to graduate.

In today's era of teaching, individual stats mean a LOT. So I asked her if she was basically asking me to sacrifice my stats and she insisted she wasn't.

If I'm being asked to tell a kid to focus hard for a test in a class she's NOT taking and to not focus as hard for a test in a class she IS taking, I take that to mean that she's not interested in this kid passing either class and she also doesn't give a flying crap about me meeting certain thresholds. All students need to pass a life science and a physical science, this kid has passed neither. She's hanging on by a thread for passing the physical science and now I'm expected to tell her with one month to go that she should focus less on my class and focus more on the life science? If she fails them both, she'll be back here next year anyway, if she passes mine and fails the other one, she'll still be back next year but I won't look like an incompetent.

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

glen a richter wrote:With apologies to all the crappy teenage drivers out there, found out it was actually a 51 year old man with a 19 times suspended license who stole the car and blew the light.
Jeez, what is with old-timer crooks? I am only 25 but even I don't have the energy or time to go stealing automobiles. But at 51 I think I will have enough energy to play Scrabble and watch reruns of Golden Girls.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Getting sick because of this crazy ass weather completely sucks. I feel like shit, our whole department is sick, we were all going to call out yesterday but didn't for various reasons. Now I feel even worse. On top of that, I have a lot of crap to do around the house and I don't feel like doing anything but ripping out my respiratory system and transplanting in a new one.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

glen a richter wrote:Getting sick because of this crazy ass weather completely sucks. I feel like shit, our whole department is sick, we were all going to call out yesterday but didn't for various reasons. Now I feel even worse. On top of that, I have a lot of crap to do around the house and I don't feel like doing anything but ripping out my respiratory system and transplanting in a new one.
I hear ya dude... getting surgery this friday to finally fix my f*cked up sinuses. I was sick with infections five times in six months this last winter/spring and it flip flopped from sinusitis to brochitis each time, I was a walking bacteria-dish. On anti-bi's each time, that's horrendous for you. Doc said should help astronomically. It can't get much worse anyway.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

My Blues banner on my hockey stick flagpole has a huge tear across the bottom of the bluenote. I think I just got this one for Christmas too. :x Time to get a Cardinals banner for the summer I guess.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

i fukkin hate assholes.....