bitching....again

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Which of these things is most irritating?

the heartbreak of psoriasis
No votes
the fact that Dominik Hasek still exists
20%
people who shuffle through parking lot aisles in front of you at speeds normally associated with glaciers
27%
the plight of the red ape
7%
these damn kids today
46%

Total votes: 71

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: bitching....again

Post by glen a richter »

I was putting together a bookshelf, how hard should that be? It's not like putting together a desk unit or an entertainment center. It's just a frame and 2 shelves. I finish putting the whole thing together, I'm all proud that I finished it in less than 20 minutes. I set it upright to put it in position and realize that the bottom is on upside-down so the unfinished side is facing up. I'm so goddam pissed. All the brads and screws and everything are in, there's no way I'm taking off the backer board and flipping the shelf over.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

glen a richter wrote:I was putting together a bookshelf, how hard should that be? It's not like putting together a desk unit or an entertainment center. It's just a frame and 2 shelves. I finish putting the whole thing together, I'm all proud that I finished it in less than 20 minutes. I set it upright to put it in position and realize that the bottom is on upside-down so the unfinished side is facing up. I'm so goddam pissed. All the brads and screws and everything are in, there's no way I'm taking off the backer board and flipping the shelf over.
Been there, done that, many times over.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

fargoblues wrote:
glen a richter wrote:I was putting together a bookshelf, how hard should that be? It's not like putting together a desk unit or an entertainment center. It's just a frame and 2 shelves. I finish putting the whole thing together, I'm all proud that I finished it in less than 20 minutes. I set it upright to put it in position and realize that the bottom is on upside-down so the unfinished side is facing up. I'm so goddam pissed. All the brads and screws and everything are in, there's no way I'm taking off the backer board and flipping the shelf over.
Been there, done that, many times over.
Me too. But mine was a dresser. After a week of looking at it, I finally fixed it.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Throw a decorative piece of cloth over the shelf and problem solved!

:lol:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Can you paint it? Or is it particle board covered by a wood grain-like tacky paper?
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

We're going to just throw books on it and it'll take the focus away from my shitty construction job.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

glen a richter wrote:We're going to just throw books on it and it'll take the focus away from my shitty construction job.
Well, just be ready. When you least expect it, you'll get the not-so-subtle reminder from the wife. Over and over and over again.

</experience>
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Get a ruler, measure how much space the books take on the shelf, multiply the number of inches by the conversion chart below.

Novels and Fictional Titles: $25
Text Books: $50
5+ year old text books: $10
50+ year old comic books: $10,000
Red Wing memorabilia: worthless

:letsgoblues:

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Hmmm, you ok ABC?

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Grumble grumble, rabble rabble. That's all I'll say. Those are my frustrated noises.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

just found out that my principal has taken a new role in the school, we're getting a new principal (probably some young punk jackass) and this upcoming year is going to be hell. I knew we were in for some major structural changes, but we were promised no leadership changes in June. If I knew this crap was going to happen, I would have pursued a transfer.

Very pissed off. My principal was the freakin' best boss.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

abc789987 wrote:Image
I'm going to bitch about this gif. It's not realistic at all. First of all, the whole can would blow up in the real world because the fumes would carry from the guy right into there. Second, it looks like a stick man not a real man. F!

:evil:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

SOB.... I fukkin hate Ticketmaster. I always end up facking something up...
On a side note, anyone want 6 tickets to preseason game on Oct 2nd cheap?.... FUUUUCCCKKKKK...... :doh: :doh: :evil: :evil:

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

abc789987 wrote:SOB.... I fukkin hate Ticketmaster. I always end up facking something up...
On a side note, anyone want 6 tickets to preseason game on Oct 2nd cheap?.... FUUUUCCCKKKKK...... :doh: :doh: :evil: :evil:
What about reversing the charge through your credit card?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I have to move all of my shit from 3rd floor to basement next week. Goddammit. I mean it's nice because it's way the hell cooler down in the basement, and it's right by the library which makes things a lot easier, but fukk almighty, I have a lot of shit to move.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

glen a richter wrote:I have to move all of my shit from 3rd floor to basement next week. Goddammit. I mean it's nice because it's way the hell cooler down in the basement, and it's right by the library which makes things a lot easier, but fukk almighty, I have a lot of shit to move.
Milt, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into storage B. We have some new people coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, OK?
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

philco_3 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:I have to move all of my shit from 3rd floor to basement next week. Goddammit. I mean it's nice because it's way the hell cooler down in the basement, and it's right by the library which makes things a lot easier, but fukk almighty, I have a lot of shit to move.
Milt, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into storage B. We have some new people coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, OK?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Portland Blues wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
That's about how I feel right now :(

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

glen a richter wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
That's about how I feel right now :(
Don't get to look at the squirrels any more?
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.