bitching....again

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Which of these things is most irritating?

the heartbreak of psoriasis
No votes
the fact that Dominik Hasek still exists
20%
people who shuffle through parking lot aisles in front of you at speeds normally associated with glaciers
27%
the plight of the red ape
7%
these damn kids today
46%

Total votes: 71

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: bitching....again

Post by big d note »

I flew back home from KC to Denver yesterday morning. After landing in Denver I realized that my keys were back in KC.

I live like 45 minutes from the airport at the opposite end of town, so I spent the next 5 hours traveling back and forth:
-Took the bus from the airport to the light rail station.
-Took the light rail to the station by my house (4 miles away).
-Took a cab from the station to my house.
-Broke into the house and got my spare keys.
-Drove my other car back to the light rail station.
-Took the light rail back to the other station.
-Took the bus back to the airport.
-Got my car from the garage.
-Drove to the kennel and picked up my dogs and drove home.
-Rode my bike to the light rail station.
-Put my bike in my other car and drove home.
-Spent the next few hours brewing beer, smoking a cigar, and eating pizza. Ahhhh.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

big d note wrote:I flew back home from KC to Denver yesterday morning. After landing in Denver I realized that my keys were back in KC.

I live like 45 minutes from the airport at the opposite end of town, so I spent the next 5 hours traveling back and forth:
-Took the bus from the airport to the light rail station.
-Took the light rail to the station by my house (4 miles away).
-Took a cab from the station to my house.
-Broke into the house and got my spare keys.
-Drove my other car back to the light rail station.
-Took the light rail back to the other station.
-Took the bus back to the airport.
-Got my car from the garage.
-Drove to the kennel and picked up my dogs and drove home.
-Rode my bike to the light rail station.
-Put my bike in my other car and drove home.
-Spent the next few hours brewing beer, smoking a cigar, and eating pizza. Ahhhh.
Better than leaving your keys in Germany! (Long story...)

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Last Friday night about 11pm, we got back from helping move our friends into their new home. My wife lets the dogs out. A few seconds later I take a look out in the backyard and don't see them. So I walk out on the deck to see where they went and I hear, "sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".
I'm thinking....what the hell?
Then our dogs come running around from the side of the house.

One of them had just been sprayed by a skunk and the smell was awful.

Jesus Christ.

They say tomato juice doesn't work to get that stink off. What they say you should use is a peroxide, baking soda & liquid soap mixture.
So after giving him a regular bath, I bathed him in the peroxide mixture...twice. They say not to get the mixture in the dog's eyes. Kinda hard when the skunk sprayed him in the face. Ugh. The smells still isn't completely gone.

Pain in the f'ing ass.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

cprice12 wrote:Last Friday night about 11pm, we got back from helping move our friends into their new home. My wife lets the dogs out. A few seconds later I take a look out in the backyard and don't see them. So I walk out on the deck to see where they went and I hear, "sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".
I'm thinking....what the hell?
Then our dogs come running around from the side of the house.

One of them had just been sprayed by a skunk and the smell was awful.

Jesus Christ.

They say tomato juice doesn't work to get that stink off. What they say you should use is a peroxide, baking soda & liquid soap mixture.
So after giving him a regular bath, I bathed him in the peroxide mixture...twice. They say not to get the mixture in the dog's eyes. Kinda hard when the skunk sprayed him in the face. Ugh. The smells still isn't completely gone.

Pain in the f'ing ass.
God damned skunks! Next time you see that f'er in your yard you should spary IT with the peroxide solution!

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Hmmmm....skunk vs. 5 hour key odyssey?

I give the win to big d note.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

strocklen083 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:bitch won't talk to me for a year and a half. e-mails me and says let's get together. tells me she loves me. 3 days later we're fighting again and she runs off to Europe. 10 months later sends me a text, wants to get together again. SHE sets up a date and tells me to pick her up. In my car, FIVE MINTUES from her house, she cancels via text message. FML
If you went through all this, she better have been hot as hell or something cause you got the patience of a God.
she's a hottie. also a little bit crazy. also had daddy issues. the perfect storm.

but you're right, I have the patience of God. I cut her way too much slack. Either way she's still a dumb bitch
God. Get rid of her.

You just described my ex-g/f btw...

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Ruutu15 wrote:
abc789987 wrote:
big d note wrote:I left somebody a work-related message with a simple question. Called back two more times over the next week and it just went to voicemail each time. Gave up and sent him an e-mail with the question. He wrote back in 10 minutes. You couldn't pick up the phone though, MFer?!
i have seen it each way. so i usually just end up leaving message and sending and email saying the same thing... takes 2x my time but sometimes it helps...
Kinda like when you call someone, but they don't answer. Then they'll send a text message 30 seconds later.
Oh I love that...

Or what about when u send a text, the person responds, then you call because you (Franking) hate text messaging... And the person doesn't answer.

Women are notorious for playing games like this.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

sitting at work, bored as hell on the last day before a holiday and all i want to do is bitch about it. But i try logging on to the board and it gives me a Internal Server 500 error... FML

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

I swear to god the 3 women who work in cubes adjacent to my own have to be some of the most boring on Earth.. They have to discuss every current event story with their insightless take and assumptions. Listening to them talk about how Steve Mcnair deserved it for cheating on his wife.. If I was ever married to one of these mouthbreathing brawds somebody please put several bullets through my head.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:I swear to god the 3 women who work in cubes adjacent to my own have to be some of the most boring on Earth.. They have to discuss every current event story with their insightless take and assumptions. Listening to them talk about how Steve Mcnair deserved it for cheating on his wife.. If I was ever married to one of these mouthbreathing brawds somebody please put several bullets through my head.
are you trying to say McNair was married to one of those mouthbreathing brawds?

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Just when I thought I had finally shaken this damn summer cold thing that's been going around it's looking like it's gearing up for round 2.

:(

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

Prngr44 wrote:Just when I thought I had finally shaken this damn summer cold thing that's been going around it's looking like it's gearing up for round 2.

it could be mono
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

abc789987 wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:I swear to god the 3 women who work in cubes adjacent to my own have to be some of the most boring on Earth.. They have to discuss every current event story with their insightless take and assumptions. Listening to them talk about how Steve Mcnair deserved it for cheating on his wife.. If I was ever married to one of these mouthbreathing brawds somebody please put several bullets through my head.
are you trying to say McNair was married to one of those mouthbreathing brawds?
No.. I just got the feeling that all of them had been cheated on in the past which was why they thought it was worthy of a death sentence apparently.. My assertion was more that if I was married to one of them, not only would I cheat, I'd probably welcome the sweet embrace of death.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Guppy wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:Just when I thought I had finally shaken this damn summer cold thing that's been going around it's looking like it's gearing up for round 2.

it could be mono
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

my job has make me in to an alcoholic... All i want to do right now is drink a case of beer and forget about this place...

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

abc789987 wrote:
Guppy wrote:

it could be mono
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored.
I hope it's mono... I could stand to trim about 10 pounds off the beer gut area. :twisted:

It's actually clearing up. I think I threw my body out of whack pretty bad over the weekend by taking some DayQuil, then boozing it up. I don't recommend it.

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

Prngr44 wrote:
abc789987 wrote:
Guppy wrote:

it could be mono
I hope it's mono... I could stand to trim about 10 pounds off the beer gut area. :twisted:

It's actually clearing up. I think I threw my body out of whack pretty bad over the weekend by taking some DayQuil, then boozing it up. I don't recommend it.
I was sick for two months before I was diagonosed with mono. I only found out I had it when I had problems breathing :lol:
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

abc789987 wrote:my job has make me in to an alcoholic... All i want to do right now is drink a case of beer and forget about this place...

I was just in Lafayette...that place alone is depressing enough to make anyone start drinking heavily.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

That was a lame ass excuse for a "tribute" to Stan Musial last night. Why did all the players surround the "Heroes among us" people, but not a single one of them could go shake hands with The Man? Bud Selig can lick my chode.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

strocklen083 wrote:That was a lame ass excuse for a "tribute" to Stan Musial last night. Why did all the players surround the "Heroes among us" people, but not a single one of them could go shake hands with The Man? Bud Selig can lick my chode.
I was watching MLB Network yesterday leading up to the game. They mentioned that there would be a ceremony involving all living Cardinals HOF'ers prior to the game, but the one that they had was kinda weak.