Snow

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

Every now and then I look out the window of the library where I have taken up station in basically the same spot for the last month and I jump because everything is covered in white.

1) Not used to the snow because of all the time I spent in Texas
2) I spend a lot of time daydreaming out of that window and the image has always been the same.

Just thought you all should know! Lets go blues.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Oh, and I'd been about to add in my post above that I'd never gotten into a snow-related accident, but didn't for fear of jinxing myself. Good thing, too-- I came within about 3 inches of sliding into the back end of a Suburban in the Walgreens parking lot because, in the words of some of my hillbilly ancestors, it was slicker than snot on a doorknob. :shock: :lol: Ridiculous. Why the hell can't businesses get someone to take care of that, especially places like a 24-hour Walgreens, where they know people who can't or don't want to try to get to regular grocery stores are going to flock on days where there's inclement weather?! Grrrr.

Of course, almost crashing isn't nearly as aggravating as the bone bruise I incurred on my kneecap a week ago yesterday, when I slipped and fell on the walk outside my apt. There's still a knot there that's roughly 3 inches by 1 inch, not to mention an external bruise that's slightly larger than that. My boss saw it and joked that she was going to give me a "no excuse for abuse" domestic violence counseling-referral card. :lol:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Blueline29 wrote:s the bone bruise I incurred on my kneecap a week ago yesterday, when I slipped and fell on the walk outside my apt. There's still a knot there that's roughly 3 inches by 1 inch, not to mention an external bruise that's slightly larger than that. My boss saw it and joked that she was going to give me a "no excuse for abuse" domestic violence counseling-referral card. :lol:
buck up

sincerely,

nSane
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

OS wrote:Based on what people are saying, I must have got one of the higher amounts here. I got 3-4 inches of snow last night.

All that experience hyping 3-4 inches is really paying off.