I GRADUMATED!!!!!!

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

I GRADUMATED!!!!!!

Postby F Keenan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:33 pm

And just a shade under a decade too, alright!
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.
User avatar
F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Location: Kirkwood, MO

Re: I GRADUMATED!!!!!!

Postby Portland Blues » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:15 pm

F Keenan wrote:And just a shade under a decade too, alright!


Nice job on the G.E.D.!







:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Portland Blues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Portland Orygun

Re: I GRADUMATED!!!!!!

Postby F Keenan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:27 pm

Portland Blues wrote:
F Keenan wrote:And just a shade under a decade too, alright!


Nice job on the G.E.D.!







:lol: :lol: :lol:


Its a communications degree from UMSL, so basically it is a G.E.D. :lol:



The good thing is, the job I went back to school to get three years ago, I was offered a week before I finished school. No more ambulances, no more taking $hit bums to the E.R. on mine and your tax money.
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.
User avatar
F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Location: Kirkwood, MO

Postby Blueline29 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:46 pm

Congrats!!! So what job are you gonna have now?
User avatar
Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 14778
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:13 am
Location: Windermere, FL

Postby StempniakforPrez » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:48 pm

Good for you, man! Congrats!


I won't be out til May....... :roll: :cry: :x
User avatar
StempniakforPrez
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: 317M

Re: I GRADUMATED!!!!!!

Postby goon attack » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:49 pm

F Keenan wrote: no more taking $hit bums to the E.R. on mine and your tax money.


Those ER's won't treat them!

sincerely,

whackjob liberals.

seriously tho, congrats.

maybe you and rebelmusic can have celebratory butt sechs
Official '13-'14 sponsor of another season of bitter disappointment
Past Sponsorships: '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17015
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Re: I GRADUMATED!!!!!!

Postby rebelmusic » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:47 pm

F Keenan wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
F Keenan wrote:And just a shade under a decade too, alright!


Nice job on the G.E.D.!







:lol: :lol: :lol:


Its a communications degree from UMSL, so basically it is a G.E.D. :lol:



The good thing is, the job I went back to school to get three years ago, I was offered a week before I finished school. No more ambulances, no more taking $hit bums to the E.R. on mine and your tax money.


Congrats! I walked at the 6 PM ceremony. You guys got franking LaRussa, we got some boring broad. Grats anyhow!
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!
User avatar
rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:35 pm
Location: The City of U

Re: I GRADUMATED!!!!!!

Postby F Keenan » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:45 am

rebelmusic wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
F Keenan wrote:And just a shade under a decade too, alright!


Nice job on the G.E.D.!







:lol: :lol: :lol:


Its a communications degree from UMSL, so basically it is a G.E.D. :lol:



The good thing is, the job I went back to school to get three years ago, I was offered a week before I finished school. No more ambulances, no more taking $hit bums to the E.R. on mine and your tax money.


Congrats! I walked at the 6 PM ceremony. You guys got franking LaRussa, we got some boring broad. Grats anyhow!


I didn't walk..... LaRussa was there??? :shock: I should have went... maybe bought him a beer afterwards.
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.
User avatar
F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Location: Kirkwood, MO

Postby Winning Unlimited » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:55 am

we had our university president give a half-assed 5 minute speech. And we had to pay $50 or so to walk. I consider that the only monetary contribution I will ever make as an alum.
Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
User avatar
Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: FSU Sports Law PhD

Postby glen a richter » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:29 am

When I finished my undergrad eons ago (2003, seems like a lifetime ago) we had the damn university president as the keynote speaker. Whoopdeedoo.

When my fiancee finished her undergrad, she had Chuck Schumer.

She won.
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6884
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Postby OS » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:34 am

My graduation speech at UMSL was a half hour of being lectured on how it's our responsibility to donate money to the university after we get jobs.
Image
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
User avatar
OS
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 27094
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:25 am
Location: Section 301

Postby goon attack » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:42 am

OS wrote:My graduation speech at UMSL was a half hour of being lectured on how it's our responsibility to donate money to the university after we get jobs.


I refused to walk at UMSL. I'm glad I made that decision.
Official '13-'14 sponsor of another season of bitter disappointment
Past Sponsorships: '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17015
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Postby goon attack » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:42 am

glen a richter wrote:
When my fiancee finished her undergrad, she had Chuck Schumer.

She won.


She won what? Worst commencement speaker on earth?
Official '13-'14 sponsor of another season of bitter disappointment
Past Sponsorships: '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17015
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Postby OS » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:51 am

goon attack wrote:
OS wrote:My graduation speech at UMSL was a half hour of being lectured on how it's our responsibility to donate money to the university after we get jobs.


I refused to walk at UMSL. I'm glad I made that decision.


Unfortunately, my family made me.
Image
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
User avatar
OS
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 27094
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:25 am
Location: Section 301

Postby glen a richter » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:09 pm

goon attack wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
When my fiancee finished her undergrad, she had Chuck Schumer.

She won.


She won what? Worst commencement speaker on earth?


Actually the speech was witty, intelligent and insightful, with not a hint of political posturing in it. But yeah, I know, it would have been so much better to have that dumbass from Texas by way of Connecticut. That would have been much more enjoyable had the entire ceremony been filled with braindead neo-fascists.
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6884
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:15 pm

OS wrote:My graduation speech at UMSL was a half hour of being lectured on how it's our responsibility to donate money to the university after we get jobs.


Ours didn't include anything about after getting jobs.. They just wanted money.
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Postby goon attack » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:22 pm

glen a richter wrote:Actually the speech was witty, intelligent and insightful, with not a hint of political posturing in it. But yeah, I know, it would have been so much better to have that dumbass from Texas by way of Connecticut. That would have been much more enjoyable had the entire ceremony been filled with braindead neo-fascists.


[img:379:300]http://www.itsallgeorgebushsfault.com/posts/schumer-reid-911.jpg[/img]
Official '13-'14 sponsor of another season of bitter disappointment
Past Sponsorships: '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17015
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Postby rebelmusic » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:53 pm

OS wrote:My graduation speech at UMSL was a half hour of being lectured on how it's our responsibility to donate money to the university after we get jobs.


We got both, the 'give us money' speech as well as a keynote addy.

F. Keenan - If you ceremony was the 2 o'clock one then LaRussa was the speaker.

goon - It took me 10 years to get my degree, so I was walking. I also had a graduation party and banked.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!
User avatar
rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:35 pm
Location: The City of U

Postby Blueline29 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:54 pm

Does everything have to be political?
User avatar
Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 14778
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:13 am
Location: Windermere, FL

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:56 pm

Congrats Keenan! Nice job. I've always been a firm believer in education.

As far as the Commencement Speech, it couldn't have been any worse than the one I had to suffer through when I graduated from LMU. Our speeker was a sociology professor at Harvard. He droned on and on about the changing demagraphics and migration patterns of the world population. It felt the sociology class from Hell that would never end. It was so inappropriate for the occasion; all I can imagine is that he was too lazy to write up a speech for that day so he just pulled one he used on the lecture circuit.

Dumbest thing about that guy was that he was chosen for worst possible reason: he's the only LMU graduate who has ever received a professorship at Harvard. So what does it matter if he gives a crappy speech! :roll:
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Next

Return to Everything Else [OT]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest